KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » City of God

City Of God
This poll is closed.
Good 18 81.82%
Bad 2 9.09%
Alright,could be better 1 4.55%
Alright,didn't really liked it 1 4.55%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

City of God
Started by: Darth Revan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Revan
-

City of God

Anybody seen it?

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 04:19 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

yes thumb up ninja awesome movie!

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 04:25 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thorC

Extremely good movie. i like it.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 03:40 PM
thorC is currently offline Click here to Send thorC a Private Message Find more posts by thorC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

Are you talking about the brazilian movie "Cidade de Deus"??? (Cidade de Deus the same as City of God tranlated to portuguese)

If yes..It is a great movie. One of the best I saw last year. I am suprised about it nomination to the academy awards. No for the quality as movie but because there are a lot of god movies like City of God from other countries than USA, and they dont have the same atention as this one.

It was a big surprise for me smile . The way as we can discouver the life at the "favelas" (slum quarters) at Rio and its evolution as the city grows by the perspective of the photographer since his childness as inhabitant of the slum quarter, is perfect...and the other personages too.

"Zé Galinha é passante cara" stick out tongue

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Last edited by Corlindel on Feb 17th, 2004 at 08:31 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:29 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

"Mas que putaria é essa?!"

Man I have to see this movie!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 08:13 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

never seen it what is it about? just send me a E-mail as a reply if you wish to

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 08:22 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I'm seeing it tomorrow, have to read subtitles though, not you Kes! wink

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 08:23 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by LordRevan
never seen it what is it about? just send me a E-mail as a reply if you wish to

Plot Summary for
Cidade de Deus

Cidade de Deus (City of God) is a housing project built in the 1960's that--in the early 80's--became one of the most dangerous places in Rio de Janeiro. The tale tells the stories of many characters whose lives sometimes intersect. However, all is seen through the eyes of a singular narrator: Busca-Pé, a poor black youth too frail and scared to become an outlaw but also to smart to be content with underpaid, menial jobs. He grows up in a very violent environment. The odds are all against him. But Busca-Pé soon discovers that he can see reality differently than others. His redemption is that he's been given an artist's point of view as a keen-eyed photographer.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 09:15 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Tex> Subtitles are better then dubbed smile

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 09:16 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Dubbing is never good.

This was an incredible film. Fantastic cinematography..will get at least one Oscar.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 10:18 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'd liek to see it, but I'll have to wait untill it's rental release.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 12:30 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

Thanks Kes i'll check it out. smile

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 06:29 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

My mucka gave me this to watch yesterday, and with a stinking hangover I watched it this morning.

What a quality film, its easily in my top ten of all time. If you haven't seen it yet, then do. yes

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 11:31 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turkesa

That's a very good movie.
I was really sorry, that he didn't won at least one oscar. But the fact of being nominee, it's already a great step for the brazilian cinema. thumb up

Kisses!!! Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 12:03 AM
turkesa is currently offline Click here to Send turkesa a Private Message Find more posts by turkesa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

yeah, I got this film on DVD.

It is really good. Was it actually filmed in the slum it is set in, or was it filmed elsewhere??

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 01:52 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

If I'm not mistaken it was really filmed in the slum and the actors were ppl that live there.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 07:36 PM
G.P
living bank advertisement

It is so great a movie ! Really fantastic ! big grin loved it.

Go and see it at any cost !

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 07:50 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
If I'm not mistaken it was really filmed in the slum and the actors were ppl that live there.

wow. I thought the film company would have been shot or something.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 09:09 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

LOL yeh, pretty dangerous but when it comes to movie stuff I guess the ppl around there are more cooperative wink

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:59 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Just a reminder, the DVD is being released here in the States this Tuesday, along with Mystic River.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 07:05 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote