KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Organic webbing (NOT a rant)

Organic webbing (NOT a rant)
Started by: Red Superfly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I used to solve quaderatic equations like they were my two times tables. I couldn't do it now though. Biophysics interests me too. This is probably why I love Spider-Man so much, I am so much like Peter it's crazy - although I kinda used him as an example of what NOT to be like, and I ended up having a succesful social life and everything, things that Peter didn't have. Educational and very influential, Spidey was.

I even look like Peter Parker I guess without the glasses. All I need now is a string of stunningly beautiful women to complete the comparison.

How the hell did that guy nail MJ anyway?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 02:27 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

organic webbing makes more sense to me, it can't be synthesised and it's one of the hardest substances on earth, in the same league as diamond, and tooth enamel,

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 03:58 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I used to solve quaderatic equations like they were my two times tables. I couldn't do it now though. Biophysics interests me too. This is probably why I love Spider-Man so much, I am so much like Peter it's crazy - although I kinda used him as an example of what NOT to be like, and I ended up having a succesful social life and everything, things that Peter didn't have. Educational and very influential, Spidey was.

I even look like Peter Parker I guess without the glasses. All I need now is a string of stunningly beautiful women to complete the comparison.

Just like solving another equation, Superfly. One even I could solve, and one with a fairly simple formula. The good guy always gets the babe in the end. wink
You look like Parker? Well, the chicks'll be along soon enough. Don't fret.

Oh, yeah--nice point, Jello--I don't believe any of us have mentioned the webbing's physical properties.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 05:02 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly

dont u know?.....when u get bit by a geneticly modified spider you just dont get spider like powers you aslo get pimp juice...it makes sense...he never got any chicks when he was peter parker but when he was bit by the spider along came betty brant, mj, felicia harding, gwen stacy...that spider gave him juice

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 01:42 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

"Spider-Mojo" lol.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 06:58 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

They kinda made it seem like they had been great friends for a really long time when in reality they had only really gotten to know each other in the past two years. She even said at one point that they were best friends, but that could have only been a recent thing.
The web shooter thing has become far more civilized and thought out. Kinda nice to see. I like them both, the mechanical shooters were cool, but I see the organic shooters as more realistic. The idea of a kid creating unheard of mechanics and substances in his room is a little less believable than his DNA being altered by a genetically created spider.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 02:21 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pimp juice?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 03:50 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

lol, web money shot

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 05:27 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I love the organics, my older brother who's a hard-out Spidey fan for ages hated the web-shooters and so do I. The thought of an 18 year-old making fluid like that and web-shooters is stepping into fantasy too much. It makes more sense that the webbing is part of Peters transformation, also what makes him think hes Spider-like if his body can't make web-fluid? he's more like an ant if he has web-shooters......

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 10:07 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

organic make spidey a figgin monster thumb down

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 01:52 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

quote:
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I love the organics, my older brother who's a hard-out Spidey fan for ages hated the web-shooters and so do I. The thought of an 18 year-old making fluid like that and web-shooters is stepping into fantasy too much. It makes more sense that the webbing is part of Peters transformation, also what makes him think hes Spider-like if his body can't make web-fluid? he's more like an ant if he has web-shooters......

possible or not web shooter are 1000000 times better they dont make he a friggin moster

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 01:53 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

why do people keep sayin web shooters are unrealstic....thats more realistic than bein bitten by a geneticly modified spider besides this is a comic book and movie there is no such thing as realism....web shooters show the human side to spider-man...he has to think and stradegize more when he runs out of them ....organics make him pretty close to unbeatable if he runs out of organics he just needs to buy more time until they build back up in his body he doenst even have to think just react

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 01:54 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
why do people keep sayin web shooters are unrealstic....thats more realistic than bein bitten by a geneticly modified spider besides this is a comic book and movie there is no such thing as realism....web shooters show the human side to spider-man...he has to think and stradegize more when he runs out of them ....organics make him pretty close to unbeatable if he runs out of organics he just needs to buy more time until they build back up in his body he doenst even have to think just react

Exactly,well said.Thats what is so laughable about the apologists who defend those stupid organics.Like I said earlier,its laughable to say that the webshooters are unrealistic when like you just said,if anything,getting the powers of a spider to stick to walls,ect,is a hell of a lot more unrealistic than a kid genius doing something scientists havent been able to do. roll eyes (sarcastic) because just like the well made point you made,its just fantasy,realisem goes out the window? this is after all a guy we are talking about who sticks to walls by the way from a spiderbite. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 06:14 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

When I first learned of Spider-Man and that he had been bitten by a radioactive spider, I was extremely disappointed that he did not have organic webbing. I mean, the first thing that I thought of was the silk that spiders produce--how could he NOT have that? If you want something that's more BS than "organics", try spider sense.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 06:17 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

considering that spidey loses his powers at times of extreme stress, it's still possibe that he could have web shooters in the movies as an emergency backup device. again, no way that artificial webbing could be as strong as the organic kind since webbing cannot yet be synthesized.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 04:19 AM
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jello
considering that spidey loses his powers at times of extreme stress, it's still possibe that he could have web shooters in the movies as an emergency backup device. again, no way that artificial webbing could be as strong as the organic kind since webbing cannot yet be synthesized.

In the movie, it's not really his stress.

I posted that theory before I saw the movie, so I apologise for the confusion.

I saw the movie last night (thank you Sam Raimi for developing the characters more than the action), and when he lost his powers, it wasn't really down to his exhaustion. That would be attributed to it, but it was more down to the fact his sub-conscious seemed to be switching his powers off, because deep down he didn't want to be Spider-Man anymore. That was great.

The second movie was a brilliant example of how they could still do the "oh crap, I'm outta webbing" thing. Whether that theory I suggested has anything to do with it makes it even more intriguing - because it was his webbing that started to go kaputt first, making me think it was down to him being exhausted, then later on he decided to give it up in his mind, indicating it was more psychological, yet it seemed to be a combination of both.

But, it was psychological, that much is clear, but it shows Spidey CAN run out of webbing.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 03:15 PM
wuTa

i still say web shooters....he has to lose all his powers to run out of webbing unlike web shooters but like i've been sayin organic was probly the better choice movie wise

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 05:03 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Red, that's exactly what I've been saying. I'm just not sure when I said it.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 01:13 AM
Rhino
Red is the new black

i saw this show called Kapow! Superhero Science. they put a spider gene into a goat embrio and when the goat grew up...the milk from the goat became web fluid, but the liquid form and if u push it through a small hole, it became a web strand, but only 1/10th the strength of normal spider-webs...

i dunno if u guys know this or not but the organic web idea was also used in an older spidey movie i think...if he did have webshooters, the web would run out from just web swinging

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 07:14 PM
Rhino is currently offline Click here to Send Rhino a Private Message Find more posts by Rhino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
myopinion

I would go for organic webbing and here are some points -

Those saying mechanical web-shooters are true to comics should actually read the comics, after success of Raimi's movie version, the comics had Peter evolve to have organic webbing and more spider powers - so organic webbing are now true to comics.

I would find it more logical to believe that someone like Tony Stark with his huge financial backup, industrial resources and background to come up with a Iron Man armor but an school kid who has to shoot pictures for a newspaper to support his aunt financially could develop this kind of web shooting device and keep generating enough of it to be able to cover a city like NY ever night.

Also this thing about arguing that organic webbing should be coming from his mouth, well this is not just a spider, its Spider-Man - if he doesn't mutate to have 8 eyes or legs then it is possible that webbing secretion happens from his hands.

Lastly I agree with comments that organic webbing is linked to physical well-being of Peter so if he is tired or exhausted or has already spun a lot of web, he may still run out of it occasionally.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 11:11 AM
myopinion is currently offline Click here to Send myopinion a Private Message Find more posts by myopinion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote