KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Organic webbing (NOT a rant)

Organic webbing (NOT a rant)
Started by: Red Superfly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

The web-shooters shows what a genius Parker is. This new movie shows what a genius he is.

With the web shooters he can change/upgrade them over time. He could have web-canon's for someone particularly strong or impact webbing, or alter his webbing according to the Villain's weakness e.t.c.

It's much much better this way.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 02:09 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
The web-shooters shows what a genius Parker is. This new movie shows what a genius he is.

With the web shooters he can change/upgrade them over time. He could have web-canon's for someone particularly strong or impact webbing, or alter his webbing according to the Villain's weakness e.t.c.

It's much much better this way.

thumb up

@myopinion: at one point pete even had "organic stingers". Just because they made the change doesn't mean it was a good one. I agree with DARTH POWER 100%. Taking away his web shooters take away from his character.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 03:55 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by myopinion
I would go for organic webbing and here are some points -

Those saying mechanical web-shooters are true to comics should actually read the comics, after success of Raimi's movie version, the comics had Peter evolve to have organic webbing and more spider powers - so organic webbing are now true to comics.

I would find it more logical to believe that someone like Tony Stark with his huge financial backup, industrial resources and background to come up with a Iron Man armor but an school kid who has to shoot pictures for a newspaper to support his aunt financially could develop this kind of web shooting device and keep generating enough of it to be able to cover a city like NY ever night.

Also this thing about arguing that organic webbing should be coming from his mouth, well this is not just a spider, its Spider-Man - if he doesn't mutate to have 8 eyes or legs then it is possible that webbing secretion happens from his hands.

Lastly I agree with comments that organic webbing is linked to physical well-being of Peter so if he is tired or exhausted or has already spun a lot of web, he may still run out of it occasionally.

so you had to bring back this old dead buried thread just to say that? roll eyes (sarcastic) did you even read what you posted? you might follow your own advise and actually read the comics.You just said yourself that AFTER Raimis movies,the comics evolved to him having organic webbing.you cripple your arguments.the movie i suppose to be based off his origin story and his origin story did not have him with organics. laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 07:22 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
thumb up

@myopinion: at one point pete even had "organic stingers". Just because they made the change doesn't mean it was a good one. I agree with DARTH POWER 100%. Taking away his web shooters take away from his character.

exactly.I am so glad to see they FINALLY got it right and gave us SPIDER-MAN on the screen.yahoo. Happy Dance Not this phony neautered man-spider version of sony Raimis. Organics rapes to death his character because with organics any fool like Flash Thompson could have been bitten by the spider and swing around town as spiderman.The mechs demonstrate his genuis because not just anyone could have the smarts that peter had in the comics to know the exact right kind of chemicals to mix together to create the webbing.

chemical webbing=spider-man
organics=man-spider.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 07:27 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I miss the organic webbing.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 08:04 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I expected more of the web-shooters in ASM. Creative constructs and all.

Not just straight thin webbings but large burst constructs. They really could've played with that.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 08:37 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by the ninjak

Not just straight thin webbings but large burst constructs. They really could've played with that.

I was quite impressed with the way they were shown this time.

I loved how he shot that robber over the mouth and nose and he couldn't breathe. It just shows even though Spidey's a nice guy, if he really wanted to he could f*** a lot of people up quite quickly and easily.

I also liked the way he had the Lizard completely stuck in webbing at one point.

And this was just his first outing. The great thing about artificial webbing is he can continually improve on them.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 11:08 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
myopinion

Mr.Parker - I would like to state again for your benefit and hope you are able to follow this time - Yes! Raimi's Spider-Man was based on origin story of Spider-Man, but with some changes and organic webbing was one of them, based on success of this movie, MARVEL comics accepted organic webbing as power for Spider-Man and after 2004 (after release of movies) also had published stories in comics namely - 'Queen' & 'The Other' - where Peter Parker undergoes further evolution to gain organic webshooters and more powers...

Though 'Queen' wasnt a great evolution story and 'Other' was better, my point is MARVEL COMICS have, though late, accepted organic webbing as power for Peter. so organic webbing are true to comics.

Btw in ASM except for webshooter, I dont see anything close to the comic story, this is anyway more like ULTIMATE series of comics than the original story by Stan Lee in 1960s... so there....

Old Post Jul 29th, 2012 08:28 PM
myopinion is currently offline Click here to Send myopinion a Private Message Find more posts by myopinion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XxbuyakuyaXx

I prefer the Mechanical Shooters. Yeah he did have organics after the the movie . But the thing that I did not like was that In the the first Rami film he had started of with organics, I think it took away from how how smart he was . I would have been okay with him getting the ability maybe later on in the second movie or third to show that his body is still evolving. Sadly it did not play out that way.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 10:21 PM
XxbuyakuyaXx is currently offline Click here to Send XxbuyakuyaXx a Private Message Find more posts by XxbuyakuyaXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by the ninjak

I think they wanted to wait to play up his shooters with enhancements until the next movie!

I hope to see "specialized" webbing at some point!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 02:08 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Badabing
I miss the organic webbing.

s your a man-spider fan huh and liked how they raped to death his character.I see.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 06:35 PM
Vim
ILFTKYS

And here I was thinking that he had organic web all along, but the web shooters were to help shoot it in a nice stream in the direction he needed it...

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 12:39 AM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote