KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » who is more famous now? Spiderman or Superman.

who is more famous now?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Spiderman 33 55.93%
Superman 26 44.07%
Total: 59 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

who is more famous now? Spiderman or Superman.
Started by: joesha28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

who is more famous now? Spiderman or Superman.

Ok, we know that both Spidey and Supes are some of the most famous comic book characters of all time, if not the most. Both are the Icons of their respective productions, Marvel and DC. But let us not ignore the fact that Superman was the one who kept comics going back in that old days. And the Wall-Crawler was also creeping up the Man of Steel's back. But now who is famous? ( pls do not take the Spiderman movie into consideration, i'm talking comics) tell me your reasons.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 01:19 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

bad place for this thread. you shoulda posted this in either the Spiderman forum or the main comic forum

I say Superman was thee comic guy back in the day. started it all.

but Spiderman exploded, his popularity sky rocketed.

IMO Superman is known all over the world. every body knows who he is.

Spiderman isnt, but where he is known chances are more people are going to say Spiderman is there favorite

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 01:40 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spider-Man is more famous now coz of his movies.

It's only gonna take the new Superman to see that to an end though. You have to remember, Superman is a VERY old fashioned and to a certain degree, corny superhero. There's only so many forms he can take until he is no longer relevant. Spider-Man, being an everyman character, will live on for as long as he needs to. You read Spider-Man now or Spider-Man number 1, same old Spidey but he's like "hip" and "down with things" for whatever time he is in. Even in Deadpool 69 someone mentions Radiohead. Superman just doesn't have that connection. Kids are more inclined now to laugh at a guy even dressed that way.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 02:18 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

U see Venomfan, this forum is Batman i know but this is the closes here to DC, i had one in spidey forum cos, that is close to hmmm Spidey. U see. I don't want to results that are bias

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 02:54 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I say Supes because he started the whole comic thing. He is more well know around the world than Spiderman, I was in South Korea for 4 years. Did not even know who Spiderman was until the movie. But they do know who Superman is.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 02:58 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's a bit odd considering the Far East are probably the biggest lovers of Western culture than people from the actual West. You'd think they'd know Spider-Man from the Marvel Mangaverse at least.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 03:03 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Well they get the movies, but not the comics. They have there own Manga cartoons. I mean how would you know who Iron Man was if you never read a Iron man comic?? I guess Superman is more well know there because he is the one that started it, and of couse the movies.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 03:12 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well there is a book called "The Iron Man" by Ted Hughes. Some connection.

But true, besides that, dunno.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 03:22 AM
Jargon343

I don't see Superman losing his place as the most popular comicbook character for a long time.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 04:32 AM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

WHen people think comic books they think SUPERMAN...i love spidey, but he doesn't come anywhere close to the popularity of where superman was/is/or will be...superman is a national and international figure..spidey is known to many but is not as quickly associated to the superhero genre as superman

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 04:41 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually most people think of "Marvel" when they think of comics.

As for character, out of these two, I'll say Superman now actually. Purely off the back of how long he's been here. Spider-Man will outlast him I think.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 04:46 AM
Jargon343

No, they think 'Superman'.

It's just kind of a given. Maybe comic book fans think 'marvel' but everyone else thinks 'Superman'.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 05:01 AM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

quote:
Originally posted by Jargon343
No, they think 'Superman'.

people who never read a comic think superhero think Superman

quote:
Originally posted by Jargon343
It's just kind of a given. Maybe comic book fans think 'marvel' but everyone else thinks 'Superman'.

I think I agree with this..but just to be sure, most people who Know Spiderman AND Superman generally pick Spiderman

Superman is actually not too popular to actual comic reader's.

>>>
wait for a Superman fan to say yes he is.
>>>

becuase of his multipowered nature "it is a good thing its raining frog's becuase I have my cape that.......uh.........amplifies my eye lazer's that can burn stuff but also......make...uh...my breat turn intoo.....uh....frog cages"

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 05:08 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"It's just kind of a given. Maybe comic book fans think 'marvel' but everyone else thinks 'Superman'."

That isn't a fact. This is just between Spidey and Superman, the two people I don't even believe hold the most famous crown. Superman maybe.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 05:13 AM
Marcellus
executioner

I do, Spiderman can easily be the current most popular hero ever

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 05:14 AM
Jargon343

quote:

I think I agree with this..but just to be sure, most people who Know Spiderman AND Superman generally pick Spiderman

Pick him for what?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 05:37 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Superman definitly holds the "most Famous" crown. Shit, he's even being named in Marvel movies(The first Spiderman). People unfamiliar with frickin popculture know who the big red "S" belongs to when they see it. If they see a black spider, they'll just think "oh. A black spider."

People who don't read comics, people who don't watch movies, even friggin hermits know who Superman is. He may not be the most popular(I know plenty of people that hate him) but he certainly is the most well-known. He's had more tv shows, movies, cartoons, and comic books than any other superhero, ever.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 07:02 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

yes I am a bat fan, But EVEN I will agree Supes is more well know than the Batman, and even Spiderman. Spiderman was not even a though in my head, because of my Bat suff, than the movie came out and of couse it was big. BUT there was MORE HYPE when the SUPERMAN movie came out, and a bit less HYPE with SPiderman, (Even though Batman had a lot of Hype in 89, even that Hype was nothing to Superman's Movie Hype.)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 11:53 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's a tremendous point about Supes mentioned in Spider-Man.

However, DC don't base it in the real world. It's Metropolis and Gotham City. Therefore referring to Spider-Man in NYC would be a bit fake. It seems much more realistic to refer to a DC character in a Marvel flick than it is to do the opposite.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 01:37 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

it's too difficult to ever tell.

If you've heard of Superman....it's almost a certainty that you've heard of Spiderman too.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 01:40 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote