KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Troy (2004)

How will this movie turn out?
This poll is closed.
I think it will be great! 8 66.67%
I think it will be okay. 3 25.00%
I think it will be lame. 0 0%
Don't know, too early to tell. 1 8.33%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Troy (2004)
Started by: BlueStarlight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 31 32 [33]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
earlobe
Restricted

Account Restricted

Troy:(

Was anybody as disappointed with Troy as I was? That movie was TERRIBLE!

Cheers,

Ben

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 05:30 PM
earlobe is currently offline Click here to Send earlobe a Private Message Find more posts by earlobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

I own it.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 05:33 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I find it hard to believe that 100.0% of the people who viewed this thread responded to it!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 07:40 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
2 things.

1. There is already a Troy thread.

2. No way in hell. It was too long already and I'm guessing you just wanted to see more of Orlando Bloom who plays the same character in every movie. I hope he dies.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 07:52 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

Troy was a cool movie.

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 09:49 PM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I, personally, thought Troy was a good movie. Now, it gets a bad rap quite a bit, but I think that's simply because people didn't expect what they saw. I'm not saying it was a spectacular film or Oscar-worthy or anything, but I really enjoyed it. I didn't like Orlando Bloom (I rarely do)m but I could tolerate him. Pitt and Bana were cool. The action scenes were pretty awesome as well.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:56 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Penelope

Troy did not need to be any longer than it was. It was a cool movie though. Brad was absolutely stunning. And the battle scenes were awesome.

"It's in your Nature to Destroy yourselves"

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:24 AM
Penelope is currently offline Click here to Send Penelope a Private Message Find more posts by Penelope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Should this even be in this forum?
There's no evidence of anything fantastical in this film - the Gods never appear.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 02:52 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gshkris72
Hopeless romantic

i was JUST thinking that. but what ever... this is my favorite movie eversmile! All the actors were amazing in it. Really really sweet movie.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 02:53 PM
gshkris72 is currently offline Click here to Send gshkris72 a Private Message Find more posts by gshkris72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Watched this again last night. For about the 3rd or 4th time. I really don't understand why people hate this movie. The Theatrical cut must have been really butchered, cuz the Director's Cut is phenomenal. I've liked it more each time I've seen it. I think it's brilliant how the king of Troy is so set on blindly doing what "the gods" say to do and ignoring what his sons say... and it is this very blindness that leads to his and his city's doom. If he had listened to the wisdom of his sons, then no harm would have come to the city. And then there's Achilles, who's such a badass who doesn't play by his king's rules, and eventually goes through a kind of transformation because of the death of his cousin and when Hector's father (the king of Troy) comes to beg for Hector's body.

And I don't like Orlando Bloom at all, cuz he's an annoying little pipsqueak, but that's exactly the character he plays in Troy, so it works! Haha.. Amazing movie. Don't understand the hate. The fight between Hector and Achilles... 'effing classic.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2011 04:34 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I havent seen the DC but the theatre release is still one of my favs. I also cant stand Bloom after LOTR.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2011 04:58 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Watched this again last night. For about the 3rd or 4th time. I really don't understand why people hate this movie. The Theatrical cut must have been really butchered, cuz the Director's Cut is phenomenal.
This is the exact same feeling I have toward Kingdom of Heaven.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 03:43 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
This is the exact same feeling I have toward Kingdom of Heaven.

Liam Neeson shouldn't have died so soon. I really didn't like it so much after that. But to be honest I really wasn't quite sure what to think of it, so it probably wouldn't hurt to watch it again.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 04:19 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The Director's Cut is a vast improvement. Fleshes out every major character and better explains the plot. Neeson's and Eva Green's characters received the best boost.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 08:13 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote