KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Troy (2004)

How will this movie turn out?
This poll is closed.
I think it will be great! 8 66.67%
I think it will be okay. 3 25.00%
I think it will be lame. 0 0%
Don't know, too early to tell. 1 8.33%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Troy (2004)
Started by: BlueStarlight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lil bitchiness
-

laughing LMFAO!!!!
there are a fiht sequances in the film...a lot of them...maybe then...no expression

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 02:09 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

ill jus have to make sure my trailer is closed off angel

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 02:20 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

ahahhaaaaaaaaaa...im sorry, but thats funny...
we are kinda on the subject....lol....''kinda''
so....troy! it should be a good film...full of tightness and clotheslessnessnessness! big grin

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 02:43 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

hopefully *crosses all fingers and toes* especially the tightness whistle

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 02:57 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

LOL...im suuure!
There is gonna be Brad Pitt there too....mmm Bradness Pittness! Tightness!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 03:26 AM
silver_tears

OBness yummy love

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 05:10 PM
lil bitchiness
-

yeah.....Orlando Blomness...i hear ya......love
I really hope this doesnt turn out to be a lame movie....im expecting a lot from it now....:blink

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 10:51 PM
silver_tears

me too
love actually ill jus be happy to see OB in little clothing evil face

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 04:59 AM
lil bitchiness
-

haha.....yeah...I know shifty
It wont really matter what movie is like lol

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 02:54 PM
Aeneas

Troy: Spoilers? Kind of not...

There's a book out, has been out for a long time, that has he same plot as this movie.

Sparknotes summed it up pretty good: go read ther summary, maybe just the plot summary not the entire thing, and come back.

I think that a lot will be left out, and a more hollywood effect will be given. I assume that this movie, unlike the Iliad, will conclude the the ten year war and see the fates of all the principle characters, including a brief view of the Odyssey. I am afaid they will leave out my favorite story (The Aeneid, hence my name), but one never knows. For those Latin/Greek "Scholars" out there who have read one of these works in the native tongue, please remember that Hollywood is concerned with a good selling movie, not a true to the word rendition. I too have read these and many classical works, and quite frankly I would hate to see a movie like that, it would be pretty boring, especially the "catalogue" of the members of the war. I'd rather skip those kinds of things.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:00 PM
Aeneas is currently offline Click here to Send Aeneas a Private Message Find more posts by Aeneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

oh my god, oh my god! WE have Aeneas in the house!! big grin
You didnt really have to kill Turnus you know....and the Dido thing...that was harsh, man! laughing
Sorry.....i couldnt help it! big grin

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:09 PM
Aeneas

Hey, when the gods tell you that you're gonna build Rome, you just do what they say. Turnus was a jerk anyway.

Here's a big thing I left out, but now want to mention. Will there be a little tension between Patroklus and Achilles. I mean, well, the Greeks saw homosexuality as less taboo than we do, and they were great friends. Its been brought up before, but it would lend to the emotional impact of Achilles' revenge on Hector if he were "friendly" with Patroklus. i'm not advocating any risque scenes here, I'm merely suggesting that maybe the directors add that implication.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:22 PM
Aeneas is currently offline Click here to Send Aeneas a Private Message Find more posts by Aeneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

oh, i totally forgot about that....to be honest, i dont think they will go into that...they well may do, but....
i think they might be careful with that, so they dont 'offend' some people..
i dont see why they would since its a history, but you never know...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:30 PM
silver_tears

huh ummm okay.......

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 12:07 AM
lil bitchiness
-

awww...confused silver....
me and Aeneas were having non-sexy conversation about history....kinda blink

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 02:28 AM
silver_tears

non-sexy......me not interested angel

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 03:33 AM
Aeneas

OK, so lets be a little less historical for a moment. How will the movie portray such things as the women brought into the camps. It might make major waves in the media if they suggest that women were treated like livestock, on the other hand it is an integral part of the story: the reason Achilles stops fighting. Will they create a Pearl Harbor-like love story, or just make Achilles into a womanizing Backstreet boy of the ancient world?
Also, for those of you who are less inclined to answer the deep questions:
Will there be hot women in Troy? We know lil is dying to see some shirtless men, how about something for the guys?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 04:29 AM
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

Probably... I looked up on the actresses for the movie...

they seemed quite ... err.. "hot" to me wink

Happy Dance Go Banana Go Banana! Go! Go! Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 04:42 AM
CandyKoRn is currently offline Click here to Send CandyKoRn a Private Message Find more posts by CandyKoRn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Hmmm...i think they will try and make love story, however, i dont think that anywhere in Iliad there was one! (im assuming they are gonna do this according to Homer's Iliad)
The real reson why Achilles stop fighting is the fact that he didnt want to nagotiate....he wanted more of the goods and women, and when Agamemnon finaly gave in, Achilles still held a grudge....i think even he forog what he was being stubburn about in the end...which cost him his best friends life! Men...thats men for ya! lol J/K

I not sure about women....also that reminds me..how are they gonna potray Amazons in the war....probably Xena type figting person.....blink
and ooo yeah, i wanna see Bradly Pitt and Orlando Bloom all nakked!!! devil

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 12:53 PM
silver_tears

HEY!! ME TOO!!!!!!!! eek!love

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 07:57 PM