KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The Official Samurai Champloo thread!!!

The Official Samurai Champloo thread!!!
Started by: Yassin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 33 34 [35]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HigH ScholaR

actulaly i wouldn't mind but howevevr the 26 episode suites the anime.

is anyone gonna watch afro samurai

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 09:07 AM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

I just finished ep 21

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:30 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Just to let everyone here know, I'm planning a 'Samurai Champloo' Fan Fiction in the General Fiction Area. So, if you're interested. Post here and let me know!

The FanFic will pick up where the series left off. So get ready for some awesome samurai action.

I'm not intent to brag, but in case you're wondering if I'll do the show any justice, I won the First Annual Short Story Writing Contest of KMC. Hopefully that means something. So, keep the faith.

Last edited by Dusty on Dec 15th, 2006 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 12:15 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Bumping!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 03:07 AM
Null

I look forward to it Dusty!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 03:27 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

I just finished watching the first episode, and it kicked ass! Definitely look forward to more episodes!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
is anyone gonna watch afro samurai

Samuel L. Jackson doing the voice-overs for two characters? F*ck yes.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 04:46 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Good news guys!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:02 PM
Sorgo X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just finished it all.

Absolutely an excellent anime.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 07:27 PM
Sorgo X is currently offline Click here to Send Sorgo X a Private Message Find more posts by Sorgo X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just bought the complete series DVD set for $20 at a pawn shop yesterday.

I completely forgot how awesome this series is.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2011 08:42 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I finally got around to finishing this series. I had caught random episodes on Adult Swim years ago, but never the full series.

It's really the only anime I've ever enjoyed, but I really liked it. My only complaint regards the two episodes just prior to the final three-parter. They have a ton of character and plot development for a long time, then sidetrack randomly into a zombie excavation site that seems to be at odds with the rest of the series entirely, and they play baseball. The latter episode was fun for what it was, but utterly lacking in anything meaningful. Given the gravity of the show's run, those episodes stood out like sore thumbs, as though they needed to kill time before the finale. Even the intentionally-comical recap episode at about the midway point revealed some things about the characters and furthered their relationship. But those two were utterly devoid of purpose, and only one was moderately amusing.

Wonderful music. There's a hypnotic quality to the whole thing, and they enjoy combining the slightly-repetitive but serene musical bits with landscape or nature shots in between the action. There were many beautiful moments in the show, usually tactfully accompanied by the music. The hip-hop elements, when they're used, also work. I found soundtracks (there's more than one disc worth) online and have them in my collection. I enjoy them on long car rides...the music is interesting enough to provide distraction but not so intense as to be emotionally unsustainable for longer trips.

The OP (from 2005!) says it's from the creators of Cowboy Bebop...may check that show out someday. Most animes actively repel me, so it's not something I go seeking out too often.

I wanted confirmation that they stuck together at the end, but it never came. I also thought they were leading toward a Fuu + Jin romance...there were at least two not-so-subtle hints in previous episodes (though one I may have misinterpreted). The ending was satisfying; Jin got his story resolved, Mugen seemingly buried the dirtiest elements of his past and was openly selfless toward Fuu, and Fuu got her closure. But I guess the continuing journey for the three will just have to happen in the fan-fic universe in my mind...

Last edited by Digi on Jan 12th, 2014 at 05:39 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 05:28 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Oh man if you liked Champloo there's a ton of other anime you would like also tbh. Champloo is one of my faves also.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 06:08 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't see Mugen settling down with a single woman, but I wonder if that cute secret agent girl ever manages to find him again?

The follow up would have made a good story.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 06:15 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Oh man if you liked Champloo there's a ton of other anime you would like also tbh. Champloo is one of my faves also.

I think you'd be surprised. I've been recommended quite a few and turned nearly all of them down after a few viewings. Just not my style usually.

Originally posted by cdtm
I can't see Mugen settling down with a single woman, but I wonder if that cute secret agent girl ever manages to find him again?

The follow up would have made a good story.

There's a difference between satisfying closure and tying up all loose ends. I saw this as something that would likely never be resolved, even when it was first mentioned, because they'd have to go out of their way to explain it after the main events of the show.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 05:00 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Digi have you seen Death note?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 05:11 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Digi

There's a difference between satisfying closure and tying up all loose ends. I saw this as something that would likely never be resolved, even when it was first mentioned, because they'd have to go out of their way to explain it after the main events of the show.

I understand why they didn't close that story. Just saying, I'd like to have seen how Mugen reacted, if she did manage to track him down and propose.

Tying up loose ends well after a story line finishes is actually one of my pet peeves with Fist of the North Star, where after Raoh's story ends, the writer keeps on developing the character by interjecting flashback scenes in EVERY single future encounter.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 05:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Digi have you seen Death note?

I have not. Wiki'd it just now to read the premise though.

Originally posted by cdtm
I understand why they didn't close that story. Just saying, I'd like to have seen how Mugen reacted, if she did manage to track him down and propose.

Agreed. Again, it's canon in my head, so I'm happy.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 01:21 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

Death note is one of those anime I'd recommend to those who get annoyed by typical anime tropes. Also its a freaking masterpiece so there is that.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 06:36 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Cool cool, thanks.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 12:40 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Found out while trying to find the tracks online that Nujabes, the guy who made a lot of them (including the theme song) died in a car accident in 2010.

Sad.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2014 07:38 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote