KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature Help/Tutorials

Signature Help/Tutorials
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (99): « First ... « 95 96 [97] 98 99 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juk3n
540 x 150 is max on here 50kb or less, but depending on what you make, i find it easier to make one and scale down

If I do that then should I scale it to 1080 x 300 then scale it down to 540 x 150?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 02:36 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I'm attempting to make my first sig.. Do I adjust the dimensions first or wait until I'm done? What exactly are the dimensions for KMC so when I'm done I can put my sig on here?

I usually make the dimensions first, it means you know exactly how the sig is gonna look, cause if you are gonna do it big then scale it down, then the chances are it is gonna be stretched, squashed, pixelated, generally bad quality and you also might not get all of the sig in.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 03:20 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I usually make the dimensions first, it means you know exactly how the sig is gonna look, cause if you are gonna do it big then scale it down, then the chances are it is gonna be stretched, squashed, pixelated, generally bad quality and you also might not get all of the sig in.

I'll do that

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 10:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
donna.xii
Graphic Fanatic

Hi question. How to optimized siggies? The limit here is 50k most of my graphics are above 120kb. is there anyway to do this. I end up making the siggy very small smile hope to hear from you!

siggy and ava made by me!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 07:48 AM
donna.xii is currently offline Click here to Send donna.xii a Private Message Find more posts by donna.xii Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by donna.xii
Hi question. How to optimized siggies? The limit here is 50k most of my graphics are above 120kb. is there anyway to do this. I end up making the siggy very small smile hope to hear from you!

I use Photoshop 7..its old.but maybe i can help....

FILE...SAVE FOR WEB......there should be a tab that will let you choose what format..JPEG (for most)........there will be a tab QUALITY....lower it and keep an eye on the file size untill its around 48.(some sigs will become pixelated and not look as good,so its a toss up)..you can also add BLUR to lower the size...

For a GIF....SAVE FOR WEB.......GIF....lower the color,diffusion...

Most of these methods will take away from the overall quality of the sig....so the choice is yours..Good Luck big grin

If your using a different version of Photoshop or another program alltogether.....maybe someone else can help..or maybe someone has more tips....anyway,be good smile

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 01:00 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

Re: Signature Help/Tutorials

Originally posted by Peach
Okay, I brought this idea to Lil, and she thought it was a good idea, so here goes!

This thread is for anyone who needs help in making a signature or avatar. Just post your questions in here yes Any sort of questions are okay, from Photoshop tutorials to how to make animations to how to make transparent images...etc.

However, this thread isn't for requesting sigs or avatars, just requesting help on them.

If you also know a cool tutorial for how to do a special effect, post it in here, too yes

Edit: Please do NOT PM me directly for help. I get enough PMs a day as it is.

Since this is asked nearly on a daily basis, here is how to get your sig under 50kb and retain the quality!

In Photoshop: Go to File > Save For Web. Make sure it is showing Optimized View. Select JPG and lower the quality until the size it says in the corner is below 50kb. If you want to save as a GIF, then lower the number of colors until the size reads below 50kb.

In Paint Shop Pro: Go to File > Save As, and chose JPG. Underneath Save and Cancel is a button that says Options. Click this, and adjust the quality slider. This you'll have to guess-and-check on. If you're saving as a GIF, then go to Color > Decrease Color Depth and set it to 256 colors.

Current Signature Limits

540 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall; maximum 50kb file size.

how about in GIMP? 2.6 to be specific

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 09:37 PM
kotorfan is currently offline Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AttentionPlease
every1 stay calm

Can you guys rate my current sig I have not done one in a long time

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 05:11 AM
AttentionPlease is currently offline Click here to Send AttentionPlease a Private Message Find more posts by AttentionPlease Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by donna.xii

There's a quick how-to in the first post.

Originally posted by kotorfan
how about in GIMP? 2.6 to be specific

Um, I can't really write a tutorial for a program I've never used. Check google or one of the tutorial sites listed in the Resources thread.

Originally posted by .TM.
Can you guys rate my current sig I have not done one in a long time

The sig rating thread is in the OTF. This isn't the place to ask.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 06:29 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AttentionPlease
every1 stay calm

Sorry my bad lol embarrasment

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 06:57 AM
AttentionPlease is currently offline Click here to Send AttentionPlease a Private Message Find more posts by AttentionPlease Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

How do I make a part of my sig flash?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 12:21 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

I know its been 4 months but seriously? Do people NOT help others here anymore?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 01:14 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
How do I make a part of my sig flash?

Check my sig thread, i gave some advice...but i would need to know what version of photoshop you are using?

And sometimes...this section gets overlooked for awhile sad

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 11:47 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

I hate the fact that I suck at photoshop, lol. I could view every tutorial in the world pertaining to Photoshop and I still wouldn't progress with skill, lol.

A girl on VampireFreaks created this signature/banner for me of Peter Steele and I've messaged her asking how she did it with no reply yet but I'm assuming she'll probably give me a one-liner and tell me she used brushing techniques which is obvious to me even though I cannot do it.

(please log in to view the image)

SO..
My question is if anyone is decent with photoshop, do you think you could help me, like with advice and/or tutorials and etc. because I want to create something similar to this for my gURL signature but by myself.

edit: I WAS RIIIIGHT! This is what she replied with "I just arranged the photos, added the brushes as an overlay and a green line with a border over his eyes."

Last edited by Kelly_Bean on May 13th, 2009 at 07:11 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2009 07:09 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rarfu

Can i post links or not?

Old Post May 18th, 2009 12:03 PM
Rarfu is currently offline Click here to Send Rarfu a Private Message Find more posts by Rarfu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

HELP ME!

Old Post May 20th, 2009 12:56 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
I hate the fact that I suck at photoshop, lol. I could view every tutorial in the world pertaining to Photoshop and I still wouldn't progress with skill, lol.

A girl on VampireFreaks created this signature/banner for me of Peter Steele and I've messaged her asking how she did it with no reply yet but I'm assuming she'll probably give me a one-liner and tell me she used brushing techniques which is obvious to me even though I cannot do it.

(please log in to view the image)

SO..
My question is if anyone is decent with photoshop, do you think you could help me, like with advice and/or tutorials and etc. because I want to create something similar to this for my gURL signature but by myself.

edit: I WAS RIIIIGHT! This is what she replied with "I just arranged the photos, added the brushes as an overlay and a green line with a border over his eyes."
Doesn't really even look like much of a brush technique. If I was to make this I would place the images each on separate layers in PS then make my edits to the images to get the background layer.

I would then make a white layer over the top and add the cloud filter effect to the layer, then add a layer mask to that layer then with the layer mask selected add the cloud filter again to create the see-through effect. You can play around with the brightness and contrast on the layer mask to change the look. Once you get the level you are looking for apply the layer mask to remove the mask but keep the effect, then play with the layer blending to see what you like for the overlay of that layer. To do some touch up you can select the smudge tool and using one of the smudge looking brush ones works well. Open up the brush options and select the scattering effect, play around with this and you can start to "smudge" the cloud layer.

For the overlay of the line just find or make a layer that has a bunch of lines on it and lay that over the image then play with the blending or opacity.

Hope that helps.

Old Post May 20th, 2009 02:33 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Da Pittman
Doesn't really even look like much of a brush technique. If I was to make this I would place the images each on separate layers in PS then make my edits to the images to get the background layer.

I would then make a white layer over the top and add the cloud filter effect to the layer, then add a layer mask to that layer then with the layer mask selected add the cloud filter again to create the see-through effect. You can play around with the brightness and contrast on the layer mask to change the look. Once you get the level you are looking for apply the layer mask to remove the mask but keep the effect, then play with the layer blending to see what you like for the overlay of that layer. To do some touch up you can select the smudge tool and using one of the smudge looking brush ones works well. Open up the brush options and select the scattering effect, play around with this and you can start to "smudge" the cloud layer.

For the overlay of the line just find or make a layer that has a bunch of lines on it and lay that over the image then play with the blending or opacity.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for answering me! big grin
I'm going to fiddle around with it but my photoshopping skills are ..non-existent, lol.

Old Post May 20th, 2009 09:01 PM
MonoKid

A quick question: Do the sig limit rules apply to images hosted outside of KMC's servers? I'd like to open a gallery with previous sigs, but several of them exceed the limits.

Or do the mods make no difference between images hosted here and outside the forum?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 08:49 PM
MonoKid is currently offline Click here to Send MonoKid a Private Message Find more posts by MonoKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

I believe they do.....you can show them in a post by using the links and they will be able to be seen.. etc...but if they are over 50k....they cant be used as sigs no

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:59 AM
MonoKid

Originally posted by starlock
I believe they do.....you can show them in a post by using the links and they will be able to be seen.. etc...but if they are over 50k....they cant be used as sigs no
Thanks for the info! I wasn't planning on using them as signatures, just to show a few examples of what I've made in the past.

But it looks like I still can't post any links...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 11:25 AM
MonoKid is currently offline Click here to Send MonoKid a Private Message Find more posts by MonoKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote