KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comics Vs Comic BOOKS

Comics Vs Comic BOOKS
Started by: Joker1237

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Joker1237

Comics Vs Comic BOOKS

I wonder I have been collection comics for some time now. And I just bought Knightfall, Who Rules the Kight, and the one were Batman makes a comeback all in hard back book form. I could read these books over and over again with out it falling apart, with Comics you have to take very good care of.

I have the Batman kight fall
Batman Arcives 1(I got to read the bats first comic)
The greatness Joker storys ever told(The laughing fish is in there, among with the Joker's first comic)

Whats your thoughts on these hard back comic books?? Does it take away from taking care of comics??

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 03:12 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Hardback comics are the shit, much better than the comics themselves. You still get to hold the story in your hands, minus ads, and the flimsiness of comics, and some paperbacks.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 03:20 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was to my knowledge that they were all called Comic Books. Just some were hardback and some softback. I do like it when you get alot of comics in one book though. like " The Essential...." or the Masterworks series. Gives you a chance to read comics that you can't get your hands on and what not.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 03:38 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

i always thought that comic books and comics were the same thing.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 03:40 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

They are, but he is talking about Hardcover comic collections, not just the single comic book.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 03:41 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I was never able to collect the whole knightfall series, I always seem to miss a issue here or there. In face I have less than half the story.

But when I got Knightfall broken bat, I got to see how Joker and Scarecrow team up, I always wonder why they did it. But I found out in the book. I never got Die Laughing, But once I have the book, I guess it could count???

I have the Killeing Joke, in hard back if you can call it that?? Well its not soft any way.
But yes I am talking about collections. Most prize one is the Greatness Joker storys ever told.

Looking a the history of the Joker it has 3 Jokers

The Killing Joker, the one who kills for something, like money ete.

The goofy Joker, The one who robbs useing Jokes or something??? Have not relly finger this Joker out yet.?? And most of the Jokes were gay any way. It did have its moments though.

And the insane killing Joker. The one we all know.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 03:54 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Viper
The Mack Daddy of Funk

As someone who hates having to run around and find back issues, these hardcover books are a blessing to me. If there's a good story arc on a series I'd rather wait until the book is out and I can read it in one sitting than have to read it part by part every month.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 03:58 AM
Viper is currently offline Click here to Send Viper a Private Message Find more posts by Viper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Viper: I do the same. I'm currently waiting for the Carnage arc of Ult. Spiderman.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 04:01 AM
SUPERMANDAMAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Viper: I do the same. I'm currently waiting for the Carnage arc of Ult. Spiderman.

Heck yea but have u happen to read ult spiderman #62 yet because i cant seem to find it because its sold out.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 04:18 AM
SUPERMANDAMAN is currently offline Click here to Send SUPERMANDAMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SUPERMANDAMAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I love comic books. But DC (I don't know about Marvel) is terrible about releasing collections; if you're just a fan of Batman or something like that, it's fine, but if you're a fan of Azrael, or Impulse, or Superboy, or any one of a hundred other characters who aren't top-line, you pretty much have to buy the individual comics.

On the other hand, can you immagine the cost of collecting, say, Neil Gaiman's entire Sandman story? If you're not positively rolling in cash, comic collections are absolutely essential.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 04:36 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I have seen Ult Spiderman 62 in stores 2 days ago.

I agree on that DC thing. Sandman is really expensive already.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 05:12 AM
Minnie14
Restricted

Account Restricted

Many people love to read different comic books which provides the different written content information with translated content.I have checked about the https://thewordpoint.com/services/c...tions-affidavit options where certified translated affidavit is abailable with best quality of written information.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2021 10:43 AM
Minnie14 is currently offline Click here to Send Minnie14 a Private Message Find more posts by Minnie14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hard backs tend to be anthologies whereas paperbacks resemble something you'd see in a magazine or tabloid.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2021 10:13 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote