KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » What Could Have Been ...

What Could Have Been ...
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (62): « First ... « 60 61 [62]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yerssot
What could have been...

Originally posted by yerssot
That's the point of the thread.

I'm glad you still remember, old boy stick out tongue . But, if you will recall, the purpose of this thread was specifically to discuss "what could have been" within the realms of the James Bond franchise!!! Is this thread truly that much of a lost cause that each and every time I have returned to the KMC no one is actually discussing what was intended? And, even though I promised myself more than once that I would never quote this post of mine again, I feel that it is only timely to remind you all once again of why I created this thread in the first place:

Originally posted by Ahnold
E.g. Please include concepts that were scrapped, ideas that were dropped, scenes that were cut, that sort of thing...

If people have truly run out of ideas to include, then I'd rather that this thread be closed. I don't think my heart can take the strain of more OT material filling up its pagesstick out tongue .

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 01:54 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, just for you I'll do an effort:

What could have been if the kid of the director of FRWL didn't saw the movie before the release:
the one getting killed in the Hagia Sofia would a few scenes later be in a carchase with Bond... The idea of the Commies have zombie-allies would have shaken the world! stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 11:22 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

According to rumour, Sean Connery was asked to play James Bond's father in DAD. Though this was published in a very reputable British film mag {Hotdog}, I doubt it...

It would make little sense, anyway, since 006 reveals in GE that Bond's parents were killed in a climbing accident...

Bump!

Does anyone know whether this rumour did indeed have a basis in fact, and if the producers *actually* asked Connery to play James Bond's father? The continuity-defying nature of the scene aside, a cameo from ol' Sean in "DAD" would've certainly improved the final product no end stick out tongue .

Interesting aside - Hotdog magazine (which I once vociferously defended as being one of the most "reputable" mags - to other peoples' derision stick out tongue !) has now ceased to be. Perhaps it wasn't so critically lauded after all big grin ...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 12:38 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Does anyone know whether this rumour did indeed have a basis in fact, and if the producers *actually* asked Connery to play James Bond's father?

Anyone?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 01:39 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

according to IMDB they did

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 07:05 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Jovan! Good to finally get at least a little bit of closure on this issue after all this time; not sure why I didn't think to check IMDB for info on it years ago ...

The IMDB trivia page for "DAD" doesn't really make it clear, though, whether the producers did indeed ask Connery to make an appearance in the film. At least we can now be reasonably sure that he didn't film a cameo that was then cut from the final movie (which, as Wilson and Broccoli pointed out, would've been completely illogical, given the effort - and expense - that would've gone into securing Connery in the first place).

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 04:55 PM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

There was also a rumor where they were going to have James Bond be a codename, meaning that each actor to play James Bond was just a different man taking over the codename.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 03:54 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: What Could Have Been ...

Hi all,

I've designed this thread so that people can chip in with interesting ideas that were ultimately dropped from Bond films.

E.g. Did you know that an original draft of AVTOK had zorin manipulating the trajectory of Haley's comet?

And did you know that originally DAF was to feature Gert Frobe as Goldfinger's brother? His first line was to have been: "I think you knew my brother Auric. Mother always said he was a bit retarded"

Weird huh?

Ahnold

yeah that is weird.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2011 08:32 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote