KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NBA MVP Poll

Who will be NBA MVP?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Kevin Garnett 5 71.43%
Pedrag Stojakovic 0 0%
Tim Duncan 1 14.29%
Shaquille O'Neal 0 0%
Jermaine O'Neal 0 0%
Baron Davis 0 0%
Jason Kidd 0 0%
Other 1 14.29%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NBA MVP Poll
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

NBA MVP Poll

Who do you guys think will be this years MVP? I'm going with KG. Unless somebody really steps it up, he will win for sure at the rate he's been playing. Peja is probably #2 this year (thats surprising) and Tim Duncan is #3 but he is starting to make his case for the award.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 10:59 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
octapushunter

What the hell kinda poll is this? You left all the good players off you crazy arse-hole!! Wheres Magic? Wheres the Doc? Wheres the Basketball Jesus himself- Larry the Legend?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 12:32 AM
octapushunter is currently offline Click here to Send octapushunter a Private Message Find more posts by octapushunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Are you joking or something?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 03:30 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

this year's MVP, genius...

Garnett can suck my ass

"Most governments are usually, and all governments are sometimes, inexpedient."
-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:40 AM
SAtown_punk is currently offline Click here to Send SAtown_punk a Private Message Find more posts by SAtown_punk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Are you that anti-Garnett? I think he is a tremendous player, very entertaining, and is a very good person as well. I love Duncan as well, but he isn't as entertaining.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 08:06 AM
alic88
Barzakh

kg rulez. besides when will he leave the timberwolves. aint his contract up already?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 03:12 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not anti-garnett, I'm just very pro-duncan. Garnett is entertaining, but that doesn't matter. Duncan means so much more to his team, and he is a very fundamentally sound player. Garnett is having a gerat season, but he has nobody to pass to, so he has to take matters into his own hands. It's him, Cassell, and Spreewell. That's their team. Nobody means more to their team that Duncan does to the Spurs.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:18 PM
SAtown_punk is currently offline Click here to Send SAtown_punk a Private Message Find more posts by SAtown_punk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I agree that the Spurs need more from Duncan than the Wolves need from Garnett but the T-Wolves would be screwed themselves without him. Spreewell and Cassell alone couldn't carry the team. Its a shame J-Kidd didn't sign with the Spurs.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 08:46 PM
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess, but he only would have taken up cap space. I despise Jason Kidd. Not as a player, just as a person. Tony Parker is doing alright. He'll have his off nights, but it was a great move signing Charlie Ward. Tony will end up being a great player, he just needs to mature a little more, and I think the playoffs will do that for him.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 12:17 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I agree. Kidd would take up salary but the Spurs would have had the budget for him. But like you said, Parker needs to mature and to do that, he needs minutes which Kidd would take away from him.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 02:24 AM
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes. And I think another playoff run, and perhaps a championship, will do just that. On the reverse side...another championship may make the young players like Manu and Parker grow complacent, because they haven't experienced loss yet. I guess we'll just have to wait until the end of the regular season to see how things turn out.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 07:23 AM
forumcrew

i think sam cassel deserves more recognition... hes been around along time and he is great. got his first all star game this year.. and kevin garnet and the boys wouldnt be doing nearly as well without him

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 08:41 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I think Sammy is getting the recognitioni he deserves. He is doing great and people all around the league are acknowledging that. However, this is the first year that he actually deserved to be an All-Star so he hasn't necessarily been jipped in the past either.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 08:44 PM
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, Myth. Cassell is a great player, but he wouldn't be doing such a great job if he didn't have Garnett to pass to. Garnett is that team, not Cassell. They make a great team, but Garnett could do it on his own, and Cassell couldn't.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 10:48 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i'm a true Laker Fan, but this is really a 2 man race. Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett. I personally feel that KG is a better all around player, he's more athletic, he shoots free throws better, he's quicker, and his jumper has longer range. Tim's best quality is that he can hit the bank shot...which is a beautiful and underrated shot.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 05:16 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I agree that it is going to come down to KG or TD. TD though, is a good team player, he is good at passing out of the post when needed, and he is also very good defensively to go along with the bank shot. KG has got the lead though with his scoring, rebounding, etc plus his team's record is better. Usually the MVP comes from one of the top 3 teams in the league which arguably could include the Spurs but at the moment, it definitely includes the Wolves.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 06:13 PM
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tim Duncan is the best all-around player in the league right now, not KG. Duncan may perhaps be the most fundamentally sound player to ever play the game, and he means more to his team than anybody in the league. He deserves it, but KG will get it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 11:28 PM