KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » whizzer thread

whizzer thread
Started by: bardock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

The Whizzers alright, but I prefer the Blue Diamond or the Patriot.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 07:38 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ironman
Restricted

Account Restricted

who or what the blue hell is a whizzer please tell What the f**k?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 08:12 AM
Ironman is currently offline Click here to Send Ironman a Private Message Find more posts by Ironman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

The Whizzer is a golden-age speedster archetype hero from Marvel (or what would become Marvel).

He got his powers when he was bit by a poisonous snake, and his father injected him with Mongoose blood (because mongoose eat snakes, so why not, eh?)

There was a second one who was a badguy and later changed his name to Speed Demon

And a third one from an alternate reality who is a good guy version of the second one who became Speed Demon.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 02:00 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

good times

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 05:28 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

whizzer bitches

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 07:43 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yes. Glad to see you're back, Bardock.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 03:16 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

its good to be back

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 08:11 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

GIANT-SIZE INVADERS #2

Written by Roy Thomas, Bill Everett, Carl Burgos, Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, penciled by Jay Anacleto, Frank Robbins, Bill Everett, Carl Burgos, Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, cover by Anacleto.

Captain America, the Sub-Mariner and the Human Torch - together again, in a brand-new story written by the legendary Roy Thomas! Plus: The greatest super heroes of World War II unite to battle the Axis powers in Invaders #1-2 (August-October 1975); the Sub-Mariner takes on the Torpedo Boat Terror, from All-Winners Comics #1 (Summer 1941); the Human Torch gets caught in the Carnival of Death, from ALL-Winners Comics #2 (Fall 1941); and Captain America cracks the Strange Case of the Malay Idol, also from All-Winners #2.

96 pages, $4.99, in stores on Nov. 30.

Help support the Whizzer's friends so we get more Whizzer himself!
Whizzer was a member of the All-Winners, but I'm unsure if they're repringint the entire issues, or just certain segments. Either way, get it!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 03:45 AM