KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Who Should Play Eddie Brock And Venom

Who Should Play Eddie Brock And Venom
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Gender: Male
Location: Mooresville, NC

The choice is clear..

Michael Rappaport

(please log in to view the image)

He's the exact same size, height, and weight as Eddie Brock, in addition to having red hair, blue eyes, and an accent.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 08:02 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Gender: Male
Location:

OK, getting some bulked up Hollywood guy like The Rock or Vin Diesel is a bad idea. And even worse idea would be to choose Brock Lesnar.

Man, I used to watch wrestling A LOT. Brock Lesnar has been acting for about 1-2 years. He was a complete newcomer and had to learn fast. He doesn't have what it takes to play Eddie Brock. FACT.

I'm with badsymbiote on this one - I want Venom to be a good actor above everything else. The fact that he is tall and muscley should come second in priority. Venom is a seriously disturbed character.

When we've had the fantastic casting of Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina as the previous villains, do you think they'll go for the next villain based solely on looks?

I think the someone who looks a bit like the guys who played John Jameson or Flash Thompson would be ideal. That's the kind of bulked up ******* we need.

Also, he can't be a total pretty boy either. Someone who compliments Tobey Maquire easily - you know, someone who isn't amazingly handsome. In the end, Venom is a very tragic character, we need to feel quite sorry for him.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 12:31 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Gender: Female
Location: In Camoflage Mode

Yeah, what he said. And the caliber of actors previously used illustrates a good point. They have a standard to live up to here, and as long as they take the time to find the right guys, this storyline could be a real thing of beauty. I want to feel the appropriate amount of heartache when I see Brock's story on screen, and I can wait for them to do it right.


__________________

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 02:06 PM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Gender: Male
Location: Awaiting Destiny...

I think the actor who plays Eddie and Venom should be an unknown actor.


__________________
____________

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 04:35 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Gender: Male
Location: Mooresville, NC

Unknown actors in a Hollywood, blockbuster franchise won't help sell tickets, especially when cast as a main villain.

Unfortunately, 3/4 of American still don't know who Alfred Molina is. Those 3/4 should be lined up, made to watch "Raiders of the Lost Ark", then shot.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 05:34 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Gender: Male
Location: Awaiting Destiny...

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Unknown actors in a Hollywood, blockbuster franchise won't help sell tickets, especially when cast as a main villain.

Unfortunately, 3/4 of American still don't know who Alfred Molina is. Those 3/4 should be lined up, made to watch "Raiders of the Lost Ark", then shot.


Believe me it can work just look at the X-Men movies Hugh Jackman, James Marsden, Tyler Mane, Ray Park and Rebecca Romijn. Now SOME of them might be famous now but back them they were all unknown.


__________________
____________

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 06:38 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Gender: Male
Location:

They should pull a "Hugh Jackman" with Venom.

Cast an unknown actor, and make him a superstar with Venom. It'd do the movie the world of good, because everyone would see Venom whenever they saw the actor that played him.

It'd be like Hugh Jackman and Wolverine, or Arnie and Terminator.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 08:44 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location:

Account Restricted

badsymbiote should...I don't care if she's a she, she just has that perfect symbiote mentality (or should I say INSANITY?! Wah!).


__________________
Ask me about my "obvious and unpleasant agenda of hatred."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 09:38 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Gender: Male
Location: Awaiting Destiny...

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
They should pull a "Hugh Jackman" with Venom.

Cast an unknown actor, and make him a superstar with Venom. It'd do the movie the world of good, because everyone would see Venom whenever they saw the actor that played him.

It'd be like Hugh Jackman and Wolverine, or Arnie and Terminator.


True just as long as that actor can avoid being typecast like they have.


__________________
____________

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 12:24 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hostile
Horribly Addictive

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Netherlands

quote:
Originally posted by FeceMan
badsymbiote should...I don't care if she's a she, she just has that perfect symbiote mentality (or should I say INSANITY?! Wah!).


I'm not usually in for this "community" shit, but I think you've got a point here. A) It would be a goddamn honour and the buzz of a lifetime for a fan like badsymbiote to play Venom in a movie adaption, B) It'd be really cool to have She-Venom instead of the Venom that everybody is expecting. There'd be an uproar, sure, but... **** em big grin


__________________

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 12:52 AM
Hostile is currently offline Click here to Send Hostile a Private Message Find more posts by Hostile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Gender: Female
Location: In Camoflage Mode

Aw.......you guys are sweet. I don't really think I'm the Hollywood type, though. They really need someone more subservient. Considerably more so.

And Fece--mentality, insanity, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.


__________________

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 01:38 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Gender: Male
Location: Awaiting Destiny...

Does anyone know any unknowns who could play Eddie and Venom?


__________________
____________

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:16 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stubby2903
Delightfully Dull

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

If he wasn't already committed to the next Batman incarnation, I would say Christian Baal. He may not have the right look, but the guy can do mind games pretty well, and while I may not know everything about the Venom character, it always seemed to me to be something that has to get inside your head, even more than DeFoe did as the Goblin.

Also as for the facial features of Venom, I hope they don't do it all CG. I would like to think that they could take something like the prosthetics (spelling? who cares, I'm a tech major) in Spawn and make their movements *not* suck. I just don't know how well CG could work if you have to do it every time you have Venom be 'in costume,' especially if they get some of those badass taunting moments where Venom has Spidey locked up and is just berating him at point blank range.

p.s. don't flame me too bad, I'm new =D


__________________
'Alright, I'll bite. How'd you get the fish bowl stuck on your head?'

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 03:28 AM
stubby2903 is currently offline Click here to Send stubby2903 a Private Message Find more posts by stubby2903 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Gender: Male
Location: Awaiting Destiny...

quote:
Originally posted by stubby2903
If he wasn't already committed to the next Batman incarnation, I would say Christian Baal. He may not have the right look, but the guy can do mind games pretty well, and while I may not know everything about the Venom character, it always seemed to me to be something that has to get inside your head, even more than DeFoe did as the Goblin.

Also as for the facial features of Venom, I hope they don't do it all CG. I would like to think that they could take something like the prosthetics (spelling? who cares, I'm a tech major) in Spawn and make their movements *not* suck. I just don't know how well CG could work if you have to do it every time you have Venom be 'in costume,' especially if they get some of those badass taunting moments where Venom has Spidey locked up and is just berating him at point blank range.

p.s. don't flame me too bad, I'm new =D



You right but there is only one person that can bring Venom to the big screen without uneccessary CGI and that person is Stan Winston. He has done Aliens, Predator, Terminator 1,2,3, Jurrasic Park 1,2,3, Big Fish, Edward Scissorhands, and tons more. Plus he is currently doing Superman.


__________________
____________

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 03:35 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koto K
Raised by a cup of coffee

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Canada

I could see Christian Bale doing Carnage. If anyone has ever seen the movie American Psycho, you know what I'm talkin' about.

"I just had to kill a lot of people!!" That line, and the way Bale delievers it is just...hilarious but at the same time, sickening.

Of course, I could see Jim Carrey doing the role as well. That guy can play some twisted characters. He could play Cletus Kassady like a cross between the Riddler from Batman Forever, and the guy from the Cable Guy.

Casting Eddie Brock would be much harder I think though, just because everyone has a very particular perception of that character. There are plenty of people out there with the right look, but who may not possess the right acting ability or whatever. Then there are others who don't have the look, but could probably bring the character of Eddie Brock to life. I'm of the opinion that the producers should just hire a total unknown. I doubt that'd have much impact on ticket sales, because well, just look at the X-men, or movies like the original Star Wars trilogy. Who knew who Harrison Ford was back in 77?

PS- I miss the day and age of animatronics, and actors wearing elaborate part-mechanic costumes. Now its all CG-this, and George W-that.


__________________
Jimmy crack corn and I blew his brains out.

Last edited by Koto K on Jul 28th, 2004 at 03:57 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 03:54 AM
Koto K is currently offline Click here to Send Koto K a Private Message Find more posts by Koto K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Gender: Male
Location: Mooresville, NC

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Believe me it can work just look at the X-Men movies Hugh Jackman, James Marsden, Tyler Mane, Ray Park and Rebecca Romijn. Now SOME of them might be famous now but back them they were all unknown.


Hugh Jackman is far from a star. Look at the movies he's been in since "X Men". "Kate and Leopold"? "Swordfish"? It's like X Men is is saving grace. "Van Helsing" proved he can't run outside of the pack.

Same can be said for James Marsden, with absolutely nothing aside from "X Men". Tyler Mane? Nada. Ray Park? He had "Episode 1" to thank for any subsequent success, which there wasn't any. He's done 2 notible movies, in which he had 3 speaking lines!!

Rebecca Romijn was world renowned long before "X Men", she was a very successful swimsuit model. She has had, what, less than 10 lines in the 2 movies, and followed that up with the horrific "Godsend", where she was ghastly.

Look at James Franco. His only other movie is an indie about a ballet company!

The point of all this is that they may be "famous" in some respect, for appearing in "X Men", they aren't great actors, and the movies haven't got them anymore work. Notice a pattern of all these people not heading up any movies, muchless, all of them appearing in ensamble movies, with little supporting roles.

To cast a nobody as "Venom" would be a big mistake, IMO.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 04:05 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Gender: Male
Location: Awaiting Destiny...

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Hugh Jackman is far from a star. Look at the movies he's been in since "X Men". "Kate and Leopold"? "Swordfish"? It's like X Men is is saving grace. "Van Helsing" proved he can't run outside of the pack.

Same can be said for James Marsden, with absolutely nothing aside from "X Men". Tyler Mane? Nada. Ray Park? He had "Episode 1" to thank for any subsequent success, which there wasn't any. He's done 2 notible movies, in which he had 3 speaking lines!!

Rebecca Romijn was world renowned long before "X Men", she was a very successful swimsuit model. She has had, what, less than 10 lines in the 2 movies, and followed that up with the horrific "Godsend", where she was ghastly.

Look at James Franco. His only other movie is an indie about a ballet company!

The point of all this is that they may be "famous" in some respect, for appearing in "X Men", they aren't great actors, and the movies haven't got them anymore work. Notice a pattern of all these people not heading up any movies, muchless, all of them appearing in ensamble movies, with little supporting roles.

To cast a nobody as "Venom" would be a big mistake, IMO.


Once again you misunderstand me look at my post again notice I capatalized SOME when I said some of the actors or actress were famous now. What I meant was Rebecca was unknown as an actress before X-Men. Rebecca, Hugh, and James have all landed films after X-Men. Hugh is definitely famous now maybe not like Brad Pitt or someone like that but he is still famous. Rebecca has done other films and is now famous regardless of how unsuccessful or bad those movies are Rollerball, Godsend, Femme Fatale, and The Punisher. James recently had a role in The Notebook and will soon star in the new films Preacher, The Alibi, Heights, Gray Matters, and 10th & Wolf. Thats what I meant by some. The people who didn't move on were Ray Park and Tyler Mane.


__________________
____________

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 04:32 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Gender: Female
Location: In Camoflage Mode

For Venom I like Everbeck, who's about as unknown as they come, and straight to boot. Another possibility is a guy named John Brusketer, though he may be a tad old now for the role. He played in the movie "Can't Buy Me Love" with a very young but adorable Seth Green and Ami Dolenz, the daughter of Mickey Dolenz, who was the drummer and singer for the Monkees, and the original voice of Scooby Doo in 1969.
For Carnage (and I ONLY mention this because you guys are still talking about casting someone for the role of Cletus Kasady), the only person I'm even interested in seeing is Jake Busey--Gary Busey's kid. That guy would fit the role like a glove.


__________________

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 07:06 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Gender: Male
Location: Britain

ok not sure who should play him i thought vin deisel but it seems that if i say thta it is gonna cause problems


__________________
..................

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 07:12 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Gender: Female
Location: In Camoflage Mode

Well, maybe everyone's over their initial rage. I got quite the negative reaction, as I mentioned earlier.

I know that if Vin Diesel were in it, my sister would at least watch it. She's so wierd. Can you imagine anyone not liking Spider-man or any comics heroes for that matter? Bizarre. But, she IS my sis, and I love her dearly.


__________________

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 07:28 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 02:28 AM.
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Who Should Play Eddie Brock And Venom

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.