KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Who Should Play Eddie Brock And Venom

Who Should Play Eddie Brock And Venom
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

"WE'RE WHATEVER WE WANT, WHENEVER WE WANT, FOR AS LONG AS WE WANT."
Believe that.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 12:45 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

Chocolate and pedicures? The only thing better would be Raimi calling us in as special consultants to the Brock casting...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 12:55 AM
fever red is currently offline Click here to Send fever red a Private Message Find more posts by fever red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Oh, Lord, isn't that the truth?

Ok, gentlemen, please remove your shirts, so we can see just whom among you has the perfect Eddie physique...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 02:16 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heathsaid

Hopfully thell find some no-namer like Toby or the dude in punisher to play Venom and then kick much butt doing such

kissy kissy

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 05:01 AM
Heathsaid is currently offline Click here to Send Heathsaid a Private Message Find more posts by Heathsaid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Heathsaid
Hopfully thell find some no-namer like Toby or the dude in punisher to play Venom and then kick much butt doing such

I think Tobey was known before Spider-Man. wink Just not well known or widely known like he is now.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 08:49 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

Yes, I enjoyed him in Seabiscuit. Excellent portrayal of an interesting life- and he had RED HAIR in this movie.
I watched it again on HBO recently, and Ronnie, who had never seen it, said "Isn't that Spiderman on that horse?"

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 12:56 PM
fever red is currently offline Click here to Send fever red a Private Message Find more posts by fever red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

I think they were both fairly well-known before those movies, too--Thomas Jane for "61*" as I mentioned above...I was very familiar with him from that. Tobey I remember from "The Cider House Rules" and as the voice actor of the dag in that Jeff Goldblum movie "Cats and Dogs" which I never watched more than a part of.

And Red, how did I know you were going to say that?!?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 04:09 PM
fever red
Paola's doll

Its possible I'm the teensiest bit simplistic and banal in my psychological make-up...possible I'm the teensiest bit of a narcissistic thrill-seeker...possible that I'm the teensiest bit predictable!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 06:11 PM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

I wouldn't call you predictable, narcissicistic, or simplistic. i just think that you and I share something the boys on here never could: an accordant attraction to men fused with symbiote entities...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 06:40 PM
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by badsymbiote
I think they were both fairly well-known before those movies, too--Thomas Jane for "61*" as I mentioned above...I was very familiar with him from that.

I knew Thomas before from Deep Blue Sea.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 04:49 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

He was pretty obscure--I don't even know what "Deep Blue Sea" is. Refresh my memory. Tell me the year, or who else was in it--that should jog my memory.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 05:18 AM
Praylu

quote:
He was pretty obscure--I don't even know what "Deep Blue Sea" is. Refresh my memory. Tell me the year, or who else was in it--that should jog my memory.

RELEASE DATE: 1999

Plot Outline: Searching for a cure to Alzheimer's disease a group of scientists on an isolated research facility become the bait as a trio of intelligent sharks fight back.

Cast overview,
Thomas Jane .... Carter Blake
Saffron Burrows .... Dr. Susan McCallister
LL Cool J .... Sherman 'Preacher' Dudley
Michael Rapaport .... Tom Scoggins
Samuel L. Jackson .... Russell Franklin

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 05:31 AM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Oh, right. Ok. Geez, I would say you shouldn't have gone to any trouble for me, but you probably just took that off the top of your head, huh?
Samuel L. Jackson--God that guy is in friggen EVERYTHING--yet we can't get enough of him. Incredibly versatile.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 09:07 AM
Praylu

quote:
Samuel L. Jackson--God that guy is in friggen EVERYTHING--yet we can't get enough of him. Incredibly versatile.

Rumors are that Samuel Jackson will play Nick Fury.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 04:45 AM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Shut up...no friggen way. See what I mean?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:28 AM
Praylu

quote:
Shut up...no friggen way. See what I mean?

Not really wink please explain

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 09:28 AM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

I mean that guy's in EVERYTHING...and now you say he's playing Fury. I say that's cool as Hell. Good enough?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 01:53 AM
Praylu

quote:
I mean that guy's in EVERYTHING...and now you say he's playing Fury. I say that's cool as Hell. Good enough?

Yeah good enough. Just as long as he does a better job than David Hasselhoff did. Who else do you think can play a good Venom?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 05:02 AM
Bluwe
Salty Goodness

I think that someone that can act crazy or insane or even mentally ill should work-out and become him. Like they did for green goblin, they need Jim Carrey or Kevin Bacon to play Venom. And the one who doesnt should get the role of Cletus Kassidy. Don't criticise about Jim Carrey, he doesn't HAVE to act funny. I've seen him serious in a few movies, and from watching Cable Guy, he'd be perfect for the insane part.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 05:14 AM
Bluwe is currently offline Click here to Send Bluwe a Private Message Find more posts by Bluwe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Bluwe
I think that someone that can act crazy or insane or even mentally ill should work-out and become him. Like they did for green goblin, they need Jim Carrey or Kevin Bacon to play Venom. And the one who doesnt should get the role of Cletus Kassidy. Don't criticise about Jim Carrey, he doesn't HAVE to act funny. I've seen him serious in a few movies, and from watching Cable Guy, he'd be perfect for the insane
part.

I think the actors you mentioned are better suited to play Cletus instead of Venom especially Jim Carrey because he even looks and acts like Cletus.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 05:22 AM