KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Out Of Interest...

Out Of Interest...
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Question Out Of Interest...

Hi all,

I was just wondering something. Do you remember Irma Bunt, the evil Blofeld henchwoman that notoriously survived OHMSS? Sadly, the actress who played her died shortly after the film was released.

Do any of you know whether the producers were planning to include her in DAF before her death?

Ahnold

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 04:34 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

from what I heard, not really... if the original idea of placing the wedding in DAF was kept, I take it would make sense, but now that the only revange is in the pre-title sequence, it won't make sense

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 04:42 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

However when Sean Connery came back in DAF he didn't appear all too angry or revengeful against Blofeld killing his wife IMO. If only the movie had the tenacity of Timothy Dalton's Bond of LTK, then the movie would have been a hell of a lot better. Instead DAF was yet another Bond vs Blofeld, beat-me-if-you-can film.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 06:55 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I agree. When I first saw it, during the pre-credits sequence I thought "Cool - Bond's out for revenge!". But then, he seemed to give up on that idea pretty quickly...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 09:20 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

see, the marriage should have been in the other movie stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 10:11 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

They should have cont with the idea. They need to bring back Blofeld for an explosive death. I liked the pre-title sequence of FYEO, however I thought Blofeld's death was too quick. They should clone him.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 03:27 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

Personally if the marriage was in DAF, DAF would be my favorite. DAF is right up there with FRWL to me though

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 04:44 AM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

actually RA... did he die? isn't it another baldie? wink

well, it would be better if it was in another movie, now he gets married and she gets immediatly killed

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 09:57 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

But otherwise, most people would have walked out of OHMSS with their fingers in their mouths...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 11:59 AM
yerssot

I don't think they need help to throw up when they watched the movie stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 03:34 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Also, killing off Tracy in DAF would've seemed like an afterthought; a quickie solution to how to get rid of the "wife problem". Coming where it does, I think it's really sad and poignant...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 06:06 PM
yerssot

not really... if they showed there were some years in between or not kill her off immediatly at the start (like... get her shot and let her die as last scene in the movie as sad note)

cause now in LTK, it's weird he doesn't accept that thing (what's it called in english?) from the bride just cause he was married for 5 minutes

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 06:48 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

But yerss, even if they showed that some years had passed between OHMSS and DAF, from the audience's POV, it would've seemed like a quickie death. And if, as you suggest, they chose not to kill her off right at the start of the film, then DAF would've been bogged down with a storyline that really should've been wrapped up in OHMSS...

And btw, that "thing" is called a lace garter. And so what if he was married for only 5 minutes? The point is, he LOVED her enough to get married, and so of course even small references to her {such as in TSWLM and LTK} will upset JB...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 11:26 AM
yerssot

yeah, but they got married and in the same movie a few minutes later already, she got killed. It's like they say "hey, lets marry him, would be unexpected!" and another one saying "oh no! what have we done! quick! get her killed!"

I wouldn't mind if they changed it totally, and got a totally new storyline for DAF if only they kept her death for that movie

and I believe that no matter what, it will always appear to some as a quickie death... that or he had to be married for some movies, rejecting all those girls

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 11:35 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I realise that, wherever the death came {whether at the end of OHMSS, or at the beginning of DAF} it would always be seen as a quickie death {so that Bond could be free to resume his womanising}. But I think that, coming where it does, her death is perhaps a bigger, sadder twist than it would have been had it come in DAF...

I realise that we're drifting slightly off topic here. The original question was - were the producers planning to include Irma Bunt in DAF before she sadly passed away after filming OHMSS?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 11:38 AM
yerssot

yeah, better get it back on topic big grin

still haven't heard anything about it

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 11:44 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Has anyone?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 12:06 PM
yerssot

considering the timing of this all, I doubt we'll ever hear of it

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 06:34 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Perhaps not ...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 07:24 PM
yerssot

or does someone know the broccolis personally stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 08:21 PM