KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Out Of Interest...

Out Of Interest...
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Re: Out Of Interest...

BUMP!

I suddenly remembered this golden oldie a few days ago; any thoughts? To recap the cental question:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ahnold
I was just wondering something. Do you remember Irma Bunt, the evil Blofeld henchwoman that notoriously survived OHMSS? Sadly, the actress who played her died shortly after the film was released.

Do any of you know whether the producers were planning to include her in DAF before her death?

Ahnold

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 08:33 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I haven't heard of it anymore, but since she survived and DAF is purely revenge, it would have made sense smile

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 10:39 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I suspected as much, yerss; does anyone know for sure?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:02 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I doubt it, it's just you, me and clovs lately

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:05 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hmmm ... let me do a bit of research then ...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:16 PM
yerssot

to get people to post here you mean?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:21 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

According to IMDB, Ilse Steppat, who played Irma Bunt, died on December 22, 1969, just four days after the film's release. Somehow I doubt that the producers had come up with a proper storyline for "DAF" by that point ...

Curious; I wonder why they never recast the role of Bunt? A mark of respect for the actress, perhaps {ala Bernard Lee not being recast for "for your eyes only"}?

Completely OT question: according to "universal exports.com" {where I researched this issue}, "OHMSS" was originally planned as the last JB film; is that true??? I've never heard that; and if it IS true, then why put "James Bond Will Return In "Diamonds Are Forever"" in the end credits?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:24 PM
yerssot

or they just completely forgot her character?

no, I heard that Lazenby thought it would be the last since it would never last in the 70's messed

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:28 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

In interviews, Lazenby has said that it was his peers who convinced him of that particular POV. Just an excuse to cover up his own mistaken views, perhaps?

But then again ... how could anyone have known back in 1969 how phenomenally successful {and enduring} the JB franchise would turn out to be?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:39 PM
yerssot

I thought FRWL and Goldfinger were quite succesfull, so why would people think that?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 11:27 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

But how could people know that Bond would last THIS long? Isn't this the longest running movie franchise in history? Even a couple of phenomenally successful movies like FRWL and Goldifinger couldn't make people think that!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:30 PM
yerssot

yes, it is... it's just the classical mix of humor, action, cars and girls ... not always in that order

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 11:26 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

But still ... even Ian Fleming couldn't have known his creation would last this long ...

But let's get back on track. Does anyone have a proper answer to this question?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 10:40 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Originally posted by Ahnold
Curious; I wonder why they never recast the role of Bunt? A mark of respect for the actress, perhaps {ala Bernard Lee not being recast for "for your eyes only"}?

Any thoughts?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 10:43 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Originally posted by yerssot
To get people to post here you mean?

Why do you ask? SHOULD I be doing research into this stick out tongue ?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 10:44 PM
yerssot

yes, cause you said you would stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 05:53 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Um ... no I didn't. I said I'd do research into this thread's central question ... and I did.

But honestly, yerss; JB isn't the only film in existence that mixes girls, guns, and gadgets; why have none of THEM become so successful? For instance, can you see the Jason Bourne series of films being around in 40 years time?

Tell ya what - if it is, I'll buy ya a beer stick out tongue . Presuming that we're both still here that far down the line ...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:02 PM
yerssot

well, I'm sure you would have left and returned five hundred times by then stick out tongue

I think it's cause it was there first and it has nice one liners...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 09:13 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Originally posted by yerssot
Well, I'm sure you would have left and returned five hundred times by then stick out tongue

I think it's cause it was there first - and it has nice one liners ...

500?! C'mon! Give me some credit! 900 at least stick out tongue ; but seriously ... I hope that those indecisive coming and going days of yore are behind me ...

Of course, it's not the only movie series to have great one liners; but you're right - I suppose being there first may have helped its phenomenal success ...

Let's return to topic, eh?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 10:04 PM
yerssot

yes, cause imagine when you are president and still have that behavior
one day you invade a country, the next day you retreat stick out tongue

especially if they were the first to go into sexual explicit things eek!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 06:09 PM