KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Out Of Interest...

Out Of Interest...
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yerssot
Imagine when you are president, and still have that behaviour;
one day you invade a country, the next day you retreat stick out tongue

Especially if they were the first to go into sexual explicit things eek!

How true! In dat case, duh USA and Califohrnia are doomed when I inevitably become duh president stick out tongue !

Was JB really the first film series to do that? Are you sure?

We really should get back on topic here ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 09:08 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

only those? you miss out on all the other countries that shall tremble when yuo are the worldleader stick out tongue

as very first... I wouldn't know, but they were the very first to include very sexualy colored scenes. The Honeyrider one was for the time being over the top and that other girl doing her stockings off was even considered being cut cause it was so indecent

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:45 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

BUMP ...

Well hey ... what did you expect? Since I haven't been here in months, I HAVE to bump up some of these posts! Apologies for dragging up old issues like this one, but I'd like to lay some of them to rest at last ...

Only those? You missed out on all the other countries that shall tremble when you are the worldleader stick out tongue

As for being the very first... I wouldn't know, but they WERE the very first to include very sexually coloured scenes. The honey rider one was being over the top for the time, and that other girl taking her stockings off was even considered being cut 'cause it was so indecent.

Ah, of course - how could I forget my planned, eventual world domination {which you're not really supposed to know about, so keep it under your hat from now on, eh wink }? Tremble before me oh lowly KMC mortals !!!

{Pause}

{Quietly} Please tremble before me. Pretty please stick out tongue ?

And that's interesting about the way that JB effectively changed cinema in terms of moviemakers' attitudes to sex. Cheers for that, yerss ...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 11:45 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Re: Out Of Interest...

Originally posted by Ahnold
Hi all,

I was just wondering something. Do you remember Irma Bunt, the evil Blofeld henchwoman that notoriously survived OHMSS? Sadly, the actress who played her died shortly after the film was released.

Do any of you know whether the producers were planning to include her in DAF before her death?

Ahnold

It appears that finally - 18 months after this query was first posted by myself - this thread can finally be put to bed. For it appears that our forum's very own fountain of knowledge - the one and only, good ol' reliable yerssot - has come up with an answer {or at least a partial one} eek! ! I hope he won't mind me doing this, but for the sake of anyone who was wondering about this issue like I did, I am reproducing below the answer to this long-standing query that was posted by yerssot to another thread {the "Why Didn't Bond Go After Irma Bunt?" one ... gosh, talk about being on the same wavelength smile }:

They were going to do it, it was planned... DAF starts with Bond killing SPECTRE agents and that stayed but originally he was looking for her, yes...

Only problem is: the woman that played her died a month or two later due to a heartattack so they cancelled the plans.

Geez yerss - I wish you would've posted that response to this thread, even if you DID only discover this information recently. Would have certainly saved me a lot of unnecessary curiosity stick out tongue . But well done on finally finding out this information. Kudos to you, sir; kudos ...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 12:43 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Though yerssot has done an excellent job, I suppose that we will never find out the full answer to this question; after all, the actress playing Bunt {Ilse Steppat} died so soon after "OHMSS" was released that the producers couldn't have possibly had time to come up with a fully formed plot outline for "DAF" that included Bunt. And it makes perfect sense, given what yerssot has said, for them not to recast the role. Aside from perhaps not doing so as a mark of respect to Mrs. Steppat, re-casting the role might well have confused viewers, especially if Bunt would have only made a brief appearance in "DAF"; bearing in mind that most viewers were proabably not that familiar with the character anyway, casting another actress in the role would've just meant more time wasted explaining just who this woman is ...

It makes you think, though - wouldn't it have been strange to see Irma Bunt disposed of so unceremoniously within the first five minutes of "DAF", as yerssot suggests the case would have been? I mean, c'mon - this is the woman who murdered James Bond's wife ! They surely couldn't let her off the hook so easily! Had the actress still been alive, they really should have kept her on as a major villaness for "DAF" as well ...

As it stands, though, Bunt's absence from "DAF" only serves to increase her notoriety. After all, she's not only the woman who murdered James Bond's wife, but the person who got away with it too. And for that reason, she'll always have an enduring legacy; yes sireee - no stoopid death by chimney stack for THIS member of SPECTRE stick out tongue ...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 01:06 AM
yerssot

Well, I think if you ask the casual Bond-observer about who killed his wife, they'll alway say Spectre... The possibility that regular viewers wouldn't get why he wants to kill that woman are high and possibly after her dieing in RL they just thought it wasn't worth the effort to make anything out of it and just let it go and focus on Blofeld again? The main, big, bald villain?

Originally posted by Ahnold
And that's interesting about the way that JB effectively changed cinema in terms of moviemakers' attitudes to sex. Cheers for that, yerss ...

I can do quivering from the cold but that's about it stick out tongue
Thanks, I just ripped it off the DVDs but I'll gladly take credit for it wink

quote:
Geez yerss - I wish you would've posted that response to this thread, even if you DID only discover this information recently. Would have certainly saved me a lot of unnecessary curiosity . But well done on finally finding out this information. Kudos to you, sir; kudos ...

well, I do need to have some tidbits that will make you come back again and again to check up on things wink

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 11:32 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote