KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Martial Arts in Begins

Martial Arts in Begins
Started by: slinger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
slinger
Scifigunslinger

Martial Arts in Begins

I'm not going to read the script. I've already had part of the ending spoiled for me. But for those of you who have read the script, does martial arts play a heavy part in the film? Are there a lot of scenes in it? How big is the strike team that is sent after Bruce/Batman? And based on the script, can anybody tell me how long the fight between Batman and Ra's is at the end? (If there is one.) Thanks.

Oh, and the banana dance: Happy Dance

For there shall be no mercy...
For any force that stands...
Blocking this path of his righteousness

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:15 PM
slinger is currently offline Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

The Ras Fight at the end is not that long, nor spectacular. There is more arts at the begining, but without much purpose or interest, because it's kind of like training. But it sucks because of WHO he's fighting/training with...which in reality or fantasy makes no sense.

There are actually a good number/satisfying amount of martial arts scenes that could have been done a whole lot better.

The strike team that comes after Bruce is not dealt with by means of martial arts. Sucks I know. And if they do the script to the "T" it will suck soooo bad.
I can hear the complaints now.

It seems the script is definitly making more of an effort to do light years more than any other film had previously tried to with martial arts and Batman.....BUT it still sucks, it's not really taking itself seriously enough in regards of kick ass martial arts that Bruce is supposed to be able to do.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 05:04 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slinger
Scifigunslinger

Does Bruce fight a group of ninjas/martial artists before he gets to Ra's? Is he wearing his costume. And when he fights Ra's, is it a sword fight or hand-to-hand. The info you gave me helped a lot. Thanks.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 05:18 PM
slinger is currently offline Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slinger
Scifigunslinger

Oh, and what do you mean the martial arts scenes could have been done better? Can you tell me without spoiling a lot?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 05:19 PM
FLIPMODE

Well he fights a few before Ras, not a SLEW. Not realy that much to show his true skill. Even Still there is an obstacle that really does'nt make the last battle anything to remember, in terms of physical battles.

Yes in Costume. But He fights Ras about twice, and previously they seem to spar, and once with some type of weapon, and one time without. Eventhough there seems like a lot of battles, trust me, it's not really that endulging at all. And they seem to be below Bruce's porwess and most importantly INTELLECT. Even in his first year, even before he becomes the bat, right after his training, he's more accomplished, and smarter then GOyer makes him in this script.

And for your last question, here's what I mean. It's stale. Unless while shooting they totally rework the scenes compared to how it's written, the fights in here show signs of improving upon the previous movies, but in this category the previous movies TOTALLY sucked when it came to combat, so this script to me really is'nt trying hard enough.

Case in point, look how good the fight scenes in Blade 2 turned out,...Same writer. Batman Begins cannot even slightly touch Blade 2 in terms of the fight scenes alone.

The best scenes seem to be at the beggining, BUT, honestly this just seems like they are making a whole bunch of NEW mistakes!

And did you see the costume...it's STILL a RUBBER bomb shell, this is totally stupid, as no one can really fight in something made like that. Im really dissapointed with the WB once again.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 04:49 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

Any fights against Scarecrow?
Or is Scarecrow even in this? I keep hearing both sides.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 03:32 PM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

He Confronts him, is affected by the fear toxin.

Then confronts him again, and well there's no real physical fight.

Im telling you this moving is going to suck on a different level, not as bad as the Schumacher/Mr. Freeze movie, but on the level of; good reviews may come because it will be better than the last movie, but at the same time messing up Batman's origin and other things that are just not true about him. You gotta believe me when I say, the way the Spidey movies does Spiderman justice, this Batmovie does'nt even come close.

It's always like for whatever reason, DC and WB always just settle with "Hm THAT'S good enough for a Batman movie" when putting a story together, when casting, when setting up art design and costume design, and action content as well. For whatever reason they think Batman is limited to elite filmmaking. A Batman movie like any Batman book, or even the TAS can be very deep as well as action packed. AAHH these guys suck so much azz.

At least Spidey is living up to the book...so far.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 11:55 PM