KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » What do you think of Connery's movies?

What do you think of Connery's movies?
Started by: phinney6

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Redeemer

NSNA??? whistle

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 09:40 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

but it's not official stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 10:12 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
FRWL = 8/10 (one of the best)
DAF = 4.5/10 (very stupid story, and he looks too old)
Goldfinger = 7/10 (a nice one)
Dr. no = 7/10 (he wasn't in it yet)
Thunderball= 7/10 (he got into bond in this one)
YOLT= 7/10 (same)
NSNA= 0/10 (not official)

f What the f**k?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 09:13 PM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

what?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 09:19 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

FRWL only got 8/10

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 03:44 AM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

now even though sean is scottish he portrayed James bond the best.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 03:46 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

YOu have a thing agianst Scots?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 06:26 AM
Shadow_King
-

no i was just saying hes a scots and he portrayed an english double 00 agent good. and he was also knighted and thats cool.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 06:36 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

so what? Pierce is irish, Lazenby is australian and Dalton is from Wales

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 10:14 AM
phinney6
consiglieri

I'm (the next bond) from America. hehe

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 08:03 PM
yerssot

sure thing no expression

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 08:09 PM
kalsolar

Goldfinger is in my view overall the best of the connery bonds as it had all the ingredients to not only entertain the serious bond fan but the casual movie goer too. Goldfinger was made even better by the fact that it is a good 20 minutes shorter than most bond films and a good 10 minutes or more shorter than the next shortest. This keeps it that little bit lively and less laden with meandering dull scenes that add little.
9 out of 10

As for connerys other bonds....

Dr. No. well, it had its budget constraints, and seems a little sedate by todays standards, but never the less a good solid movie. 6 out of 10

From Russia with love: Good acting, good story, great movie. 7 out of 10

Thunderball : looked great, an excellent movie really, but sadly too long and a little too dull. The underwater stuff was great, but a little too much of it. Sadly, the action scenes on dry land were all over all too quickly and did'nt leave much of a lasting impression. 6 out of 10

You only Live Twice: A very entertaining bond...slipping a little further into the realms of fantasy and silliness at times though. The space-ship effects (taking off and landing) are awful, even by the standards of the day. A decent film overall though. 7 out of 10

Diamonds Are Forever.

Has its moments, some good characters, but is just too silly. The pre-credits sequence looks as if it was all filmed in one day and rushed.
5 out of 10

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 02:21 AM
kalsolar is currently offline Click here to Send kalsolar a Private Message Find more posts by kalsolar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

I mostly agree, except I'd give Goldfinger 8, FRWL an 8.5 and Thunderball a 7 big grin

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 10:41 AM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
But it's not official stick out tongue

And so it automatically gets a 0 out of 10 stick out tongue ?!

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 01:56 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, I'm hard in this stick out tongue

btw, kalsolar, Goldfinger still holds the record for best second sequal big grin

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 10:54 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Yes and no. Goldfinger is #3 in the James Bond movie line-up, but according to the way movies are made these days Goldfinger isn't a sequel, as it tells a completely different story then FRWL & Dr. No, never pretending to the movies before it. FRWL is a sequel as Spectre wants revenge for the death of Dr. No. But Goldfinger is not. No mention of Dr. No or Spectre in the entire movie. Not like the novel which does.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 12:38 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I didn't make the rules RA, it's what boxofficemojo said wink

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 10:01 AM
Kaleanae

I saw From Russia with Love, I like that movie I don't know if is the best one of Sean Connery's movies but I like it stick out tongue

Also, I didn't know that Sean Connery dropped out of school and that was why he was mocked in Saturday Night Live messed
I just read it in a place talking about annoying people

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 09:35 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

I didn't know either... he was mocked?

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 09:41 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

He was in Saturday Night Live - Here is the quote
quote:

He quit school at 13 years old.
His lack of intellect is satirized in Saturday Night Live's 'Celebrity Jeopardy.'
He has the tattoos 'Scotland Forever' and 'Mum and Dad' on his forearms.
He wears a toupee.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 09:47 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote