KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » gambit, daredevil, and cap america vs hulk

gambit, daredevil, and cap america vs hulk
Started by: Daredevil75

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote:
Originally posted by GreatMuta
Hulk can easily use a shockwave attack on cap. His sheild can't protect him from that. Even if hulk punches the sheild the sheer power from the blow could slam cap through a wall, mountain or anything, cap's back isn't protected. You are correct in saying hulk can't hurt cap directly by attacking his sheild though.

I don't agree. Unless Cap is strong enough to absorb lots of mega Hulk punches direct on the shield, he is eventually going to get mashed into the floor underneath it.

It's like standing in front of a train with an adamantium jumper on.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 09:47 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think American people understand the term "jumper" do they?

Either way, it's not an adamantium shield. It's vibranium.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 10:26 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moshtitan
Suffer in Truth

i understand jumper....oh wait, no i dont. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!

Never stray from the comon line.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 10:59 PM
moshtitan is currently offline Click here to Send moshtitan a Private Message Find more posts by moshtitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jurel

I know none of you are going to beleive me, but Cap as take the Hulk down before... I'm off to search out where I read it - I'll be back with a source for you - but Cap took down the hulk in 1on1 hand to hand combat. The likes of Thor, Iron Man & Hawkeye with a ademantium tipped tranquilizer darts preceded Cap's battle - but in the end, Cap took him down - single-handedly.

And they made Hulk loose to Superman in the crossover - WTF!?

I'll be right back.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 11:23 PM
Jurel is currently offline Click here to Send Jurel a Private Message Find more posts by Jurel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"i understand jumper....oh wait, no i dont. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!"

Didn't think so. Excuse my sidekick, he's mildly cretinous. Well, he's not but I just thought I'd diss him. Not meant maliciously, just joking. Of course you could use the term cretinous for other uses.

ANYWAY, it means sweater.

"I know none of you are going to beleive me, but Cap as take the Hulk down before... I'm off to search out where I read it - I'll be back with a source for you - but Cap took down the hulk in 1on1 hand to hand combat. The likes of Thor, Iron Man & Hawkeye with a ademantium tipped tranquilizer darts preceded Cap's battle - but in the end, Cap took him down - single-handedly"

So it was 3 on 1 with 1 awesome character, 1 decent and one lame. Then Captain 'Never Lose' America? Captain America could not take Hulk in a fist fight. Dumb to think so. If he did, despicable writing.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 11:36 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jurel

The Ultimates #5

thefourthrail.com>>reviews>>snapjudgments>>070802>>ultimates5.shtml

Sorry - replace the double arrows with forward slashes for the links - I can't post links cuz I'm a rookie in here.

The Ultimates - that's where Cap layed the smack down on the hulk - bizzare but true.

Last edited by Jurel on Aug 3rd, 2004 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 11:49 PM
Jurel is currently offline Click here to Send Jurel a Private Message Find more posts by Jurel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh my.

I own that damn comic. He doesn't lay the smackdown on him. He attacks him when he's distracted with the shield, then knocks him down. What happens after? Hulk nearly tears his head off and almost kills him.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 12:01 AM
Jurel

My mistake then

Was a while ago that I read it - but whatever I saw, I know I found bizzarre - who actually beat/stopped the hulk then?

The next thing I remember was banner being thrown out of a chopper or plane... an issue or two later.

It's a long time since I read it, but I'm still pretty sure Cap survived a fight with the hulk. Was it Hawkeye's arrow that stopped him then?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 02:38 AM
GreatMuta
The Natural Born Master

Hulk still wins!!!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 01:43 PM
GreatMuta is currently offline Click here to Send GreatMuta a Private Message Find more posts by GreatMuta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

'I don't think American people understand the term "jumper" do they?

Either way, it's not an adamantium shield. It's vibranium.'

I don't cater for the market. The shield is actually an unknown alloy of both, and whatever, unrepeatable like George's Marvellous Medicine.

That last line would be a good rap line.

'Was a while ago that I read it - but whatever I saw, I know I found bizzarre - who actually beat/stopped the hulk then?'

Strangely enough, after taking down Giant Man, Cap, Iron Man, and Thor, he was stopped by Wasp, who flew into his ear and administrered the Wasp Sting to the portion of his brain that regulates Hulk, if I remember correctly.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 04:07 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah she did that. The main points being that he took out the whole team before hand. Too awesome power.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 04:33 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Of course the shield is adamantium and vibranium. That is the beauty of his shield. It is really two shields. It would be eaiser to split dimensions than his shield. The train cenerio brings up a good question. If cap were to stand infront of a train wouldn't the train split down and around Captains feet. With the vibranium absorbing all impact and the unbreakable adamantium cap is supposed to be able to stand to these things.
So this jumper thingy, is that like a bodysuit or what?

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 08:25 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"If cap were to stand infront of a train wouldn't the train split down and around Captains feet. With the vibranium absorbing all impact and the unbreakable adamantium cap is supposed to be able to stand to these things. So this jumper thingy, is that like a bodysuit or what"

Firstly, if Captain America stood infront of a speeding train with nothing but his shield, it would smash. Or if IT didn't, he would die anyway coz the train wouldn't stop.

A jumper is English terminology for sweater I guess. Although ones made out of wool were traditionally called jumpers, I always referred to either as sweaters though. Both are acceptable.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 08:56 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

The shield wouldn't smash, but he'd still get his ass run over.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 09:39 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain America

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't think American people understand the term "jumper" do they?

Either way, it's not an adamantium shield. It's vibranium.

-AC

Yo, his shield is a mix of andamantium and vibranium. Whether or not this mix of metals weakens the andamtium is unclear to me.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 08:14 PM
Captain America is currently offline Click here to Send Captain America a Private Message Find more posts by Captain America Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

BLASPHEMY! Scarlet, you have an AlphaFlight sig!

*Shakes head in disgust*

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 08:24 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

You have to remember in comics as in life the icon comes first. The shield, hammer, surf board...all those things are made to need no explanation, the resultent history is just the story of its beginnings.
I think cap could stand to a train, untill the debries struck him in the body or the ground he stood on was destroyed and he fell leaving himself vulnerable.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 03:04 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superman#1
Superfan

hulk, thats not even a challenge for hulk

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 03:49 PM
Superman#1 is currently offline Click here to Send Superman#1 a Private Message Find more posts by Superman#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a 3 on 1 but it might as well be Daredevil Vs Hulk, it's nothing to him.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 05:14 PM
Hancock1

those 3 would be smashed between his toes...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 04:02 PM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote