KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Why didnt the Mithril Vest NOT protect Frodo from shelob?

Why didnt the Mithril Vest NOT protect Frodo from shelob?
Started by: OrliNElijahsGrl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shaber
schizoid

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
I bet Shelob undressed him first shifty

hmmmmmmmmm...........

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 08:04 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

LOL okay i highly doubt she undressed him first! LOL!!

"There are some things time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold"-Frodo
Watch Lost every Wednesday at 8pm on ABC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 08:13 PM
OrliNElijahsGrl is currently offline Click here to Send OrliNElijahsGrl a Private Message Find more posts by OrliNElijahsGrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

Right the reason the shirt didn't protect him is because it is a low cut top (stupidly), the troll got him in the stomach....shelob stabbed him on his right shoulder above the cut off from his shirt.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 08:40 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

wait...that makes no sense, yes the troll stabbed him in the stomach, and the mithril protected him from that and yes its a low cut top kind of mithril shirt, but it looks to me that shelob stabs him in the stomach..not on the shoulder...but in the book it says he was stabbed in the neck or...maybe it was the shoulder, but in the film, it def. looks like he was stabbed in the stomach, AND...just to point out...during the sneak attack that shelob does and frodo is looking around, it doesnt look like he even has the mithril shirt on, cause i remember being able to see it at the beginning of ROTK but during that part where shelob does the sneak attack, it looks like frodo doesnt even have the mithril on! lol

ahhhhh confusion

"There are some things time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold"-Frodo

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 02:58 AM
OrliNElijahsGrl is currently offline Click here to Send OrliNElijahsGrl a Private Message Find more posts by OrliNElijahsGrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

You know if you took the time to read the other thread you might understand....but then again maybe he takes it off for some stupid reason in the EE

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 10:12 AM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Maybe Shelob took it off for some strange reason shifty

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 10:15 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

Do you have a spider fetish stick out tongue

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 10:15 AM
shaber
schizoid

Wondered why Frodo's off females permanently? no expression

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 11:17 AM
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

Maybe there is something we missed, that we will be able to see in the extended, cause maybe he does take it off for some reason, cause i swear to you, the many zooming and rewinding and looking close that ive done on that part, i see no mithril shirt AT ALL, like his shirt is sort of like low cut, and at the beginning, u were able to see some of the mithril, but during the sneak attack from shelob, theres that wide shot, i saw no mithril shirt, just skin! LOL

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 10:59 PM
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

what other thread?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 11:00 PM
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

By the way...witchys stab was on the right! it was on the right shoulder, i REMEMBER, cause i see frodo laying there and getting stabbed, and also..he clutches his right shoulder all the time, expecially when witchy comes out and screeches, he goes "I can feel his blade" and hes rubbing his...RIGHT SHOULDER! lol

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 09:05 PM
Thorondor
Love?

Sorry but if you people are going to be so wrong im not going to bother cause you won't accept it.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 10:57 AM
Exabyte

Merge?
erm
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&perpage=40

One of you obviously saw the films mirrored stick out tongue

It's on the left side.

(please log in to view the image)

... ok, a pic won't help much as it could be mirrored as well stick out tongue

But it IS on the left side
Remember - one of the splinters nearly reached the heart, and *most* people have their hearts a little more on the left side stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 12:58 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hwestariel

I don't remember it being in the stomach! I thoguht it was in the back of the neck... it was like he was standing there and then you hear a sound like a club and spit starts coming out of his mouth. I dunno i oculd be wrong...
Onen i-Estel Edain, u-chebin estel anim.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 01:50 PM
Hwestariel is currently offline Click here to Send Hwestariel a Private Message Find more posts by Hwestariel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

Ooooo i get the witchy stab now! BUT now im curious about the shelob stabbing!

RIGHT HERE...in a script of ROTK

it says...Shelob stabs him quickly somewhere around his torso and lower body.

see!!! but wheres the wound mark when you see him shirtless and tied up?! you dont see it...ahh this is all too confusing

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 12:12 AM
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

Thoronder, its okay, im just trying to understand it, cause its been bugging me now...OKAY now i get that IF he was stabbed in the stomach or torso, how the mithril wouldnt of saved him, but now my question is...wheres the wound mark on his stomach where hes tied up and shirtless? if they made the wound mark on his shoulder to represent the shelob stabbing then they should of had her stab him the shoulder instead of having her stab him in the stomach, which basically where it looks like she stabs him! LOL this is all confusing

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 12:15 AM
frodosam

i think the reason is that she didn't stab him in the cheast. aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh i can't remember. or maybe because he didn't have it on. maybe gollum stole it from them ?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 03:34 PM
frodosam is currently offline Click here to Send frodosam a Private Message Find more posts by frodosam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelboy817

Shelob stabbed Frodo in the back am i the only one that saw that it was right above the vest mad

FLYING MUTANTS RULE!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 03:00 PM
Angelboy817 is currently offline Click here to Send Angelboy817 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelboy817 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelboy817

and he did have it on after he was stabbed when the trolls came they took the mythril vest am i the only one that pays attention mad mad mad mad mad

FLYING MUTANTS RULE!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 03:01 PM
Angelboy817 is currently offline Click here to Send Angelboy817 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelboy817 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Angelboy817
and he did have it on after he was stabbed when the trolls came they took the mythril vest am i the only one that pays attention mad

blink

............there were no trolls blink only orcsesss confused

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 04:35 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote