KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Where do dreams come from?

Where do dreams come from?
Started by: tazman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tazman
Taz's World

Where do dreams come from?

It fascinating to think about where dreams come from, and why we have them. There's been a couple of people who have been able to add some great insight into this, and hopefully they can join in and share what they know.

So what do you think dreams are all about? Are they totally random, or do you think there is some sort of reason and order to them?

If anyone wants to share a dream they had, feel free.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:23 AM
tazman is currently offline Click here to Send tazman a Private Message Find more posts by tazman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I've developed lucid dreaming. smile s'pretty cool, actually.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:26 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

from asscracks

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:27 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

quote:
Originally posted by 113
from asscracks

(please log in to view the image)

yes

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:28 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dregh

L thumb down L

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:31 AM
Dregh is currently offline Click here to Send Dregh a Private Message Find more posts by Dregh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

laughing out loud

I have some really odd dreams...but they usually have something to do with something that happened in my life...except for maybe this one where I dreamt I could fly and flew into the side of my garage, that was just totally out of nowhere blink

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:37 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

hell

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:38 AM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

lucid dreaming RULES lol i only do it once in every like 2 years though i wish i could have them more often

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:38 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dregh

What is lucid dreaming??!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:39 AM
Dregh is currently offline Click here to Send Dregh a Private Message Find more posts by Dregh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

*cough* same question

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:40 AM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yeah really...what is it?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:41 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by §pearhead
I've developed lucid dreaming. smile s'pretty cool, actually.

Here ya go then you might have some fun with this one then smile I think the best way to understand something is to experience it. so if we want to know dreams we have to explore em smile If you can lucid dream you can roll play with this one.

The learning dream.

Start if off as a uni student walking into a lecture room. You pile in with all the other students and take your seat. In front of you is a typical lecture room. I make mine an old style room with a huge hardwood desk and a massive blackboard running the length of the back wall. There are scientists standing there to each side and on the desk are all different items you might find in a wacky scientists lab. Now you shift from being a student in the seats to a scientist walking in. As the scientist walk up to behind the desk and introduce yourself. "Hello class my name is professor Peloquin, welcome to life the universe and everything 101" Then turn to the blackboard and start writing nonsense. Pure and utter nonsense. Make scribbles and write math equations you know nothing about. While you're doing this shift back to the student sitting in the class and start to make notes. What your doing is trying to learn what the professor is teaching you. The important thing is to play the roll, be an actor. When you're the student act as if the stuff on the blackboard makes sense and you're trying to work it out and learn it. Shift back to the professor and continue the roll play. Act as if you're all knowing and the stuff you write on the blackboard is some deep truth about life the universe and everything. for that is the class you're teaching, for now don't worry that it's nonsense. Shift back to the student every now and then and play his roll, make sure to learn and work out the mess on the blackboard. Shift back to the professor and go a bit more into his roll, use some of the equipment on the desk to prove your theories. Pour liquid in tubes, make explosions, make things float...whatever. All the while blab on about the mysteries of the universe, make it up but play the roll of the professor and believe you know it and it is the truth. Keep shifting from one perspective to the other, from student to professor... the teacher to the learner.

What we're doing here is communicating in the language of dreams. Symbols are doorways that enable you to shift. Think of the dreaming world as radio waves and the whole frequency band. Shifting is just going to a different station along the frequency band. Some stations play music, some have wise men on whispering the secrets of life. The dream we create is like holding onto the tuning knob, this dream tunes in the wise man station smile .

So back in the dream, we've been shifting back and forth between perspectives of the student and professor. The student believes he doesn't know what the professor is talking about but believes he is learning it. The professor believes he knows everything and is teaching. That part is important because one is learning. At some point the student will make a break through...the scribble on the blackboard will come into focus and start to make sense, the student has learned some of it and understands. As the professor continue to roll play with experiments and keep shifting back and forth between to two of you. Little by little as the student we are learning and as we do we also teach the professor. If the student understands the scribble when you shift back the professor for the first time starts to understand what he's been on about. Energetically you've made a shift, thinking back to the radio station you've got the wise man tuned in. As the professor you know the secrets to 'life the universe and everything'...you've just taught yourself. In dreams you've constructed the language to say shift me up to the bandwidth in where truth lives. Trip out on that for a while and see what happens. It is different for each of us depending on what question you have to ask. For me that particular dream comes full circle. At the end of it the professor and the student have learned 'life the universe and everything'. Energetically that relates to another shift, the radio station again. But where you go from there I'll let you see for yourself.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:21 AM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Dregh
What is lucid dreaming??!

it's basically a stage of controlling your dream. Instead of watching a dream like a movie you play the roll of the director right there and then.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:23 AM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Oh that is so cool! I can do that sometimes, it's really weird laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:24 AM
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Trinity_Matrix
Oh that is so cool! I can do that sometimes, it's really weird laughing out loud

The next time you realise you're doing it try to stop the dream. Freeze the reality around you. You'll get it and lose hold of it a few times but when you can stop a dream you can reform it to how you would like. Through that you'll understand what the function of dreams are.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:30 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

Yes...in my dreams, Frank the Purple Penguin truly exists! stick out tongue

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:31 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

laughing out loud

Does Frank the Purple Penguin try to take over the world in your dreams?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:38 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

no there is no world in my dreams, just a flat land, nice, crisp, and ready to burst into flames. smile

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:40 AM
Peach
mordrem

...why does it not surprise me that fire figures into your dreams...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:44 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

Because you know my personality. smile

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:45 AM