KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Where do dreams come from?

Where do dreams come from?
Started by: tazman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Where do dreams come from?

quote:
Originally posted by tazman
It fascinating to think about where dreams come from, and why we have them. There's been a couple of people who have been able to add some great insight into this, and hopefully they can join in and share what they know.

So what do you think dreams are all about? Are they totally random, or do you think there is some sort of reason and order to them?

If anyone wants to share a dream they had, feel free.

You've seen the matrix yeah. Well the part where they're talking about what is real..I think the line goes "but what is real? if you're talking about what you can see feel and touch then real is just electrical signals interpreted by your brain". Basically that's right, we're sponges for energy. Everyday when you wake up and go about whatever it is you do you're gathering and taking in energy from the world around you. Electricity stored in your brain. When you dream the physical part of you that gathers the daily energy shuts down allowing you to sort and store that energy. When we see it though it's not in linear reality, that is to say in your dream you don't get up out of bed and start the day progressing through hour by hour. You experience it all at the same time. In line with the saying 'a picture can paint a thousand words' the images you see when dreaming is your mind painting the day, or the week. Depends on what the issue is. If we didn't dream the brain would have no way of sorting and dispersing the energy we take in daily, the electrical signals from the experiences we've had. It would eventually fry.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:58 AM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Whoa.

laughing out loud

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 07:21 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I can control my dreams too big grin

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 02:06 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

i think i can.......i must considering the things i dream about blink

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 02:54 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

okay think of the levels of conscious as an iceberg. the tip of the iceberg above the water is were our conscious is stored. our conscious is what we perceive think and feel at the exact moment. the next level a little bit under the water is were our preconscious is stored. our preconscious is where we store thoughts and feelings from before (like what you had for dinner last night).the preconscious can be easily opened. and finally the unconscious (also know as subconscious,....but the most recent term is Unconscious) (the very last part of the iceberg). is were our most deepest and darkest secrets lie. all of our repressed and hidden feelings go there. and in order to live a healthy life we need to release those unwanted feelings so we do so by dreaming. dreams are a way of helping us move on in life, some dreams may be good and other not so good. but each dream has a meaning. and some dreams may for-tell the future (in the bible the Pharaoh had a dream of ears of wheat and cattle....to make a long story short Egypt was followed by seven years of plenty the seven years of drought.). I know how to interpret dreams so if you want any answers or meanings pm and tell me your dream. I find a meaning to it and pm you my findings. every bit and detail in a dream that you remember is good. even certain colors and smells.....even letters and Numbers are important. if you have any questions feel free to ask, I will do my best to answer them. and if you want a dream you want interpreted just pm me and I will interpret it for you. or I can teach you how to interpret your own dreams.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 03:03 PM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

kewl eek!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 03:05 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tazman
Taz's World

there's lots of different dreams, so what are the basic meaning behind such dreams as:

1) Flying

2) Falling

3) Something is chasing you (and your legs feel like led and can't move)

4) Dreams involving natural disasters (earthquakes, tornados, floods)

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 09:48 PM
tazman is currently offline Click here to Send tazman a Private Message Find more posts by tazman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

5) Scary dreams about armadillos

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 10:06 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

where do babys come from?

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 10:08 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Be@st
Elanor's Husband

dreams come from people's reality. If you're nervous when you're awake you will probably have a nightmare of yourself failing in thing that you were nerveous about (I learned it recently in biology class)

If u look backwards in your life and smile , u have forgot about most of it.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 10:12 PM
Be@st is currently offline Click here to Send Be@st a Private Message Find more posts by Be@st Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

quote:
Originally posted by tazman
there's lots of different dreams, so what are the basic meaning behind such dreams as:

1) Flying

2) Falling

3) Something is chasing you (and your legs feel like led and can't move)

4) Dreams involving natural disasters (earthquakes, tornados, floods)

well the falling and flying dreams are very common

Falling: Insecurity, with anxiety

Flying: to wish to escape.

when you have dreams where you are being chased and cant run away its because your body is in a state called Antonia were the mussels in your body are completely relaxed. and your brain will send pulses to your body (i.e. legs) but since your mussels are relaxed they cant move so it feels as though in your dream you cant run away.

and the weather it all depends on what your dreaming about. I know when you dream about a Tornado it means you need a change in your life or that a change is coming. also if you have ever been in a traumatic weather experience your dream may becoming for the emotions stored in the unconscious form that traumatic event.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:08 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

Dreams are fantasys that are acted out threw our subconsious thoughts while we are sleepng.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:21 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

whoah woah woah!!! stop everything!!!

DENIRO, IS THAT YOU IN THERE?

first i spot your classical music thread in the music forum, now i see you posting complex scientific explanations here in the otf? are you feeling ok? usually its all ''i got with 5 cheerleaders while lifting an elephant with my leg and beating the crap outta an ice hockey team''

you have become a new man???

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:26 AM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

don;t stop the new D!!!

Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:27 AM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

quote:
Originally posted by DeNiro
Dreams are fantasys that are acted out threw our subconsious thoughts while we are sleepng.

very good smile .....but dreams are also repressed memories.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:30 AM
Deathblow
-

quote:
Originally posted by raven guardia
very good smile .....but dreams are also repressed memories.

they are??? eek! so i really did have sex with Gwen Stefani on a yacht, and ive just been repressing the memory???

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:32 AM
DeNiro

I dont know. I did go to a hockey game tonighte no fight. No girls, No nothing. I dont know this is Tired DeNiro. He is very calm, comes up with rational thoughts. Another reason why Im acted werid is i got hurt today and cant move my shoulder so Im kinda just chillin and took pain killers that might be effecting my posting.

I always have dreams about either

sex

falling

king kong

or flying my flying dreams are all the same I think I will have some good dreams tonigte since I have alot of Meds in me

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:33 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

it all comes clear. D is poppin pills yes

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:37 AM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

um....actually according to Freud when you have a dream about sex, you are actually dreaming about having sex with one of your parents even though it the dream they may appear as some one else.

if you dream you had sex with Gwen Stefani it was just a fantasy....repressed memory is thoughts and hidden feelings buried in the unconscious that would cause depression or emotional problems to think about in every day life. so the the unwanted thoughts are released through dreaming

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:42 AM
DeNiro

Once I took so many muscel relaxers I couldnt feel my face. Stupid I know but Best 2 hours of my life.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:42 AM