KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Where do dreams come from?

Where do dreams come from?
Started by: tazman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

you have to take into account that Freud had serious issues though. I mean really he was a mummas boy smile it was that very obsession that drove him the self analysis in the first place. Like he came up with the modern theory but you have to add in his issues.

Chillin out with my little Irish leprechaun, my faithful butler Jeeves and a ukulele playin Hawaiian midget. All is solid in Pel's world.

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:47 AM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

All I know is in my sex dreams It is deffitnly not my mother because if it was I would have already commited suicide. But I know exaclty who I have had sex with or done sexual things with in my dreams because they look exactly the same.

That one post about being ourparents is totally wrong I would say.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:52 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

quote:
Originally posted by Peloquin
you have to take into account that Freud had serious issues though. I mean really he was a mummas boy smile it was that very obsession that drove him the self analysis in the first place. Like he came up with the modern theory but you have to add in his issues.

very true I often wonder about Freud myself.....I wonder if he every had an Oedipus Complex, or A disorder I mean it is very likely. although I still admire freud's work.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:01 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

I would never listen to those Fricking Greeks. God they used to have a young boy date a older man and the older man would teach the young boy how to date but in the mean time have sex with him. So ne nationaltiy that has done that I say we can rule out ne theorys they have with ne thing. Especially dreams that are based on sex I mean they were all **** back in the day so what do they know

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:05 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by raven guardia
very true I often wonder about Freud myself.....I wonder if he every had an Oedipus Complex, or A disorder I mean it is very likely. although I still admire freud's work.

You should read some of Jung's work. As Freud's student he has quite a lot of insight into Freud's demons. Plus he took the next step.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:07 AM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by DeNiro
I would never listen to those Fricking Greeks. God they used to have a young boy date a older man and the older man would teach the young boy how to date but in the mean time have sex with him. So ne nationaltiy that has done that I say we can rule out ne theorys they have with ne thing. Especially dreams that are based on sex I mean they were all **** back in the day so what do they know

You're thinking of Socrates, Freud was born in 1856 in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, today known as Czechoslovakia.

OOPS DON'T MIND THAT DIDN"T SEE THE THING YOU MEANT lol

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:10 AM
DeNiro

Wait who was the guy that killed his father to marry his mother to take over spot of king, wasnt that Freud.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:17 AM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

quote:
Originally posted by Peloquin
You should read some of Jung's work. As Freud's student he has quite a lot of insight into Freud's demons. Plus he took the next step.

I learnt a little bit about Jung in Psyc class.......but didnt he later leave freud and become a neo-Freudin or something, I'm not sure if I got the groups name right but I know there was a group of people who later became against Freud's ideas.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:18 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by raven guardia
I learnt a little bit about Jung in Psyc class.......but didnt he later leave freud and become a neo-Freudin or something, I'm not sure if I got the groups name right but I know there was a group of people who later became against Freud's ideas.

I wouldn't say they were against Freud's ideas. They were more against the idea that Freud had worked it all out. They were able to continue past Freud so the argued that it wasn't finished. And rightly so.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:22 AM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

smile , you are very smart!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:24 AM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

quote:
Originally posted by DeNiro
All I know is in my sex dreams It is deffitnly not my mother because if it was I would have already commited suicide. But I know exaclty who I have had sex with or done sexual things with in my dreams because they look exactly the same.

That one post about being ourparents is totally wrong I would say.

well I'm not saying the theroy of dreaming about our parents is right, I'm just saying that is one of freud's therioes....and well we all know freud had some issues.

I still love you Freud.......god rest your soul.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:42 PM
The Inkeeper

dude!

dreams are from the bfg....and he blows them into your room with his trumpet,,,,,,,,

Im Back happy

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:55 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

lol......sorry but dreams are from the unconscious and there are fantasy and repressed memories.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:04 PM
The Inkeeper

NO THEY COME FROM THE BFG

its like you have never seen the film!

Im Back happy

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:10 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

sorry what are you talking about?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 08:08 PM