KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Who has the Hardest Punch?

Who has the Hardest Punch?
Started by: kal-el

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kal-el
kryptonian slag

Who has the Hardest Punch?

Now I(kal-el) am a big sports fan and in particular a boxing fan. Some boxers have a great punch regardless of their build, strength. Punch power goes beyond muscle and bone. And remember, power is not just strength. its speed x strength(scientifically speaking) Given these facts, who has the hardest punch in Comics in your opinions? I wont put a poll coz there must be loads of guys worth a shout!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:43 PM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

guys could you move this to superhero movies discussion please?I misplaced it

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:51 PM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

guys?as in guys who control all this shit!could you?please?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:59 PM
Marcellus
executioner

try hiting the report to mod link...thing

anyhow, Juggy or Hulk could probably give the narlyest tourture rack ever

power Surfer
speed Flash
as far as boxing skill.....DD right?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 12:09 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

yeah!deffo!but i dont care about technique , just pure power-tonnage!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 12:11 AM
tkitna

Hulk, Juggernaut, or the Abomination probably. Technique wise though, probably the Thing.

Also, sorry to break the thread, but why do I keep getting this message when I try to post in other areas-

quote:
Sorry but you are only allowed to post links once you are more well known. This is to deter spammers. Thank you for understanding

I've already tried contacting in administrator but I havent heard anything yet. Again, sorry to break the thread, but this is a rare moment where I was allowed to post.

By Stoic

Last edited by tkitna on Feb 29th, 2004 at 12:35 AM

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 12:26 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

yeah, i think the thing has mad fighting skill, and is able to dish out some pain at about 70-80 ton or so range not sure tho

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 12:28 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Never mind my previous post. I just figured out that this site doesnt want you to cut and paste links.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 12:44 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

The Thing is not as strong as the Hulk. The Hulk and Thor are about equal in strength (although there's that thing where Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets), and the Juggernaut at least used to have immeasurable abilities due to their mystical nature.

Boxing skill? That's a hard thing to measure in a superhero universe. Daredevil may have trained all major forms of combat and his dad was a boxer, but if you put him up against the Thing, his skill is dwarfed by the Thing's clobberin' abilities.

I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 01:10 AM
Herr Logan is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Logan a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Superman, maybe? Remember, we're not just talking strength here. Speed is just as important, and Superman is almost as fast as Flash.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 02:00 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

The Hulks stronger, but he's a brawler. He has no fighting skills, he just throws. At least the Thing knows how to fight, he just isnt as strong (went toe to toe with the Champion and the aliens were impressed with his fighting skills). Now that i'm thinking about it, Thor is an accomplished warrior with great fighting skills. It could be him. I guess Doomsday needs to be mentioned also. But yes, with the strength factor, the Hulk can probably punch harder.

Daredevil has trained with many different fighting skills, but isnt captain America considered the greatest hand to hand combat fighter in the world?

By Stoic

Last edited by tkitna on Feb 29th, 2004 at 03:40 AM

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 03:33 AM
kal-el
kryptonian slag

dont worry about boxing skill fellas.just the most powerful punch.for my money its superman coz of his combo of strength and speed. Are there any other guys with BOTH of those attributes in such abundance.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 02:03 PM
Magee

Sorry but i think i have to go with Thanos. As it is unsure what his base strength is he beat back the hulk pretty easily. And Odin blink
And superman is no where near as fast as flash. Flash can reach speeds near the speed of light, superman is only like as fast as a bullet.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 03:31 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

I think who gives the strongst punch is dooms day

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 03:46 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

Flash past the speed of light

made by verauko

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:31 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by Magee

And superman is no where near as fast as flash. Flash can reach speeds near the speed of light, superman is only like as fast as a bullet.

Ever see them race?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:57 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

quote:
Originally posted by tkitna
The Hulks stronger, but he's a brawler. He has no fighting skills, he just throws. At least the Thing knows how to fight, he just isnt as strong (went toe to toe with the Champion and the aliens were impressed with his fighting skills). Now that i'm thinking about it, Thor is an accomplished warrior with great fighting skills. It could be him. I guess Doomsday needs to be mentioned also. But yes, with the strength factor, the Hulk can probably punch harder.

Daredevil has trained with many different fighting skills, but isnt captain America considered the greatest hand to hand combat fighter in the world?

The Hulk has plenty of fighting skills. He's been doing nothing but fight since he was created. He has cagey, clever manuevers and he knows how to use his size and strength. I don't know if he's a better fighter than the Thing-- the Thing doesn't have as much anger driving him, but not as much impairing him either-- but it should be noted that the Hulk is an excellent fighter when he has his mind in the right mode.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:14 PM
Herr Logan is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Logan a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

quote:
Originally posted by Magee
Sorry but i think i have to go with Thanos. As it is unsure what his base strength is he beat back the hulk pretty easily. And Odin blink

the combo of speed AND strength.Flash isnt strong. Supes is way faster than a speeding bullet.WAY faster and a punch thrown as fast as supes can throw it, with supes' strength behind it is gonna be more powerful than the flash. (power=strengthxspeed)

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 09:53 PM
tkitna

quote:
Originally posted by Herr Logan
The Hulk has plenty of fighting skills. He's been doing nothing but fight since he was created. He has cagey, clever manuevers and he knows how to use his size and strength. I don't know if he's a better fighter than the Thing-- the Thing doesn't have as much anger driving him, but not as much impairing him either-- but it should be noted that the Hulk is an excellent fighter when he has his mind in the right mode.

Yeah, he's been fighting since his conception, but almost 95% of his existance has been in the form of a near mindless beast. A being with the mind of an infant would have trouble retaining the skills from a previous battle im my opinion. I just dont think technique is the Hulks fortay. When he had the mind of Banner, I thought it was worse. Lets be honest, Bruce has been kicked to the curb so many times that he has little to no fighting skills. If the Thing had the Hulks strength (and it happened once), he'd be kicking his butt.

Thanos is a good choice, but remember, when he fought Odin, he was on the recieving end of that fight.

Last edited by tkitna on Mar 1st, 2004 at 12:56 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 12:53 AM
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

Look at the earliest issues of the Avengers. Obviously, no one knew how to fight in those days, but the point is, he evaded and outmaneuvered the Avengers when he wanted to. His fighting is more based on instinct. Keep in mind that there isn't just "Dumb Hulk," Gray Hulk," and "Smart Hulk." In the beginning, he was a brusque, cagey character who could articulate his thoughts and was smart enough to use sarcasm and semi-witty insults. I suppose this was more like Gray Hulk. The point is, he has an uncanny instinct for fighting, which is more than the Thing has, but the Thing's military training and love of a good brawl seems to be enough to at least meet the Hulk in a stalemate.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 02:47 AM