KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman Casting Call

Superman Casting Call
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Mark Millar Confident Caviezel is Superman
Source: Mark Millar
Thursday, September 2, 2004

On Monday, comic book writer Mark Millar revealed he had learned that Jim Caviezel ("The Count of Monte Cristo," "The Passion of The Christ") had officially been cast as Superman in the new Bryan Singer-directed adaptation at Warner Bros.

Millar's scoop was followed the next day with an apparent debunking by Harry Knowles at Ain't-It-Cool-News, who said that Caviezel had not been cast and wasn't even being considered. He added that Tom Welling was also out of the running.

Mark Millar has answered though, and at his official website today posted...

Just to hammer home how confident I am as regards my source (pretty much as good as it gets), I will personally write a cheque to charity for 1000 dollars from my Wolverine royalties (Wolverine 20 and 21 out October 2004) if Jim Caviezel isn't cast as Superman on the day principal photography starts. Warners may have a couple of PR stunts planned prior to the final announcement, but this is a bet that Jim C is standing there in a Superman costume once the cameras start rolling.

Very interesting! We'll see what Warner Bros. has to say about this, so far we haven't received an answer from the studio regarding the casting.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 05:00 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

World's Finest Superman Auditions for WB
Source: MikeOHearn
Thursday, September 2, 2004

SHH! just learned that World's Finest actor Michael O'Hearn had an audition for the new Superman film. Below is a brief description in Mike's own words of what happened...

I went in on Tuesday at 2:45 at Warner Bros. and met with the casting director. They put me on tape, then last night I got a phone call from my manager who stated he talked to the casting director, and their response was they loved my reading, and they are sending me onto the next level. I hope the fans are on my side. Just to give you an update - all the people at Warner Bros. loved my size. They were all screaming out "Now that's a jacked up Superman!" The other 2 guys that were reading besides me, were both about 5'10" and 160 lbs. I think they are looking for somebody taller, because the first thing they asked me when they put me on camera was how tall I was. 6'3" - the same size as Superman.

We all wish Mike luck and look forward to more updates on the casting process of Superman. World's Finest can be viewed here.

It would seem that Warner's is still actively looking for their Superman, and that the rumors of Jim Caviezel being cast are still up in the air.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 05:01 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0-COOL

Re: Superman Casting Call

Does anyone watch Y & R and familiar with the actor Don Diamont who plays Brad Carlton on the soap? I think Warner Bros. needs to look at him and other unknowns who may be able to look and play the part. The dude from smallville plays Clark Kent when he's in his teens for a reason because he looks young. He does a good job but Superman should look in his late 20's not early twenties. I hope they don't choose him or some other young looking guy. I feel that will ruin the movie because unlike Spiderman who is suppose to be a teen in the comics Superman is not. Anyone agree?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 03:48 AM
0-COOL is currently offline Click here to Send 0-COOL a Private Message Find more posts by 0-COOL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Re: Re: Superman Casting Call

quote:
Originally posted by 0-COOL
Does anyone watch Y & R and familiar with the actor Don Diamont who plays Brad Carlton on the soap? I think Warner Bros. needs to look at him and other unknowns who may be able to look and play the part. The dude from smallville plays Clark Kent when he's in his teens for a reason because he looks young. He does a good job but Superman should look in his late 20's not early twenties. I hope they don't choose him or some other young looking guy. I feel that will ruin the movie because unlike Spiderman who is suppose to be a teen in the comics Superman is not. Anyone agree?

Tom Welling is 27 years old now which is old enough I believe even though he looks younger. I also think it depends what time in Superman's life they are planning to tell in the film. I think that there is dozens of better choices out there to play Superman than Jim Caviezel.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 06:14 PM
Praylu

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 09:21 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Jim Caviezel no more... Singer is on record as saying he's talked the studios round to using an "unknown".

And thats a great mock up of welling! One day maybe....

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 04:53 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
Jim Caviezel no more... Singer is on record as saying he's talked the studios round to using an "unknown".

And thats a great mock up of welling! One day maybe....

Yeah its a great decision too when I heard about it but I forgot to post it here when I read it. Tom Welling will most likely never play Superman in a film because he is 27 years old and still looks like he is 20 years old. So he is not going to look any more mature for the part in the coming years, he will just get older and thats it.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 05:04 PM
Praylu

Here goes the article explaining why they will go with an unknown that I forgot to post before.

Singer, Harris, and Dougherty Talk Superman
Source: Washington Square News
October 1, 2004

Washington Square News reports that Superman director Bryan Singer and screenwriters Dan Harris and Mike Dougherty talked about the upcoming Superman movie at NYU last week. Here's a clip from the article:

"We're going to cast an unknown," declared Singer, who signed on to direct the new film earlier this year. Dan Harris and NYU alum Mike Dougherty, the duo that co-wrote the screenplay for Singer's "X2," are in the process of penning the script.

"It doesn't require a star to go see it. It's Superman - it's its own brand - and..." He trailed off. How does one rationalize rejecting a star?

"Known actors bring baggage, in a way," Harris said. "Sort of distracts you from who [Superman] really is."

The crew plans on moving to Sydney in November and will begin shooting in March.

Hit the link above for the full article! Meanwhile, Smallville star Tom Welling tells the New Zealand Herald that he'll stick to the small screen:

"It would be something to consider but I don't even let myself think about it. It's too big an idea," he smiles.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 05:07 PM
sexyking

Tim routh is playing superman and he looks no diffrent from tom weilling. I think they should have showed audition takes of actors and let the fans decide something like that.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 01:55 PM
sexyking is currently offline Click here to Send sexyking a Private Message Find more posts by sexyking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by sexyking
Tim routh is playing superman and he looks no diffrent from tom weilling. I think they should have showed audition takes of actors and let the fans decide something like that.

Actually his name is Brandon Routh.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 08:20 AM