KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » The importance of homonyms

umm... yeah, hi there Peter...
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
"I concur entirely. Young people today have forgotten the fundamental values of being gramatically correct!" smart 8 36.36%
You suck Darth : | 0 0%
I agree fundamentally. Young people have forgotten the value of proper grammar! geek 3 13.64%
I'm Bart Simpson man, who the hell are you?!?!?!?!?!?!? 0 0%
Rock music is THE DEVIL!!!!!!! devil 1 4.55%
I will kick your ass with a rubber fish 4 18.18%
Daryl Palumbo is hotter than hell 5 22.73%
My name is Tired Hiker and I like to dry hump my roommate's cat : | 1 4.55%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The importance of homonyms
Started by: Darth Revan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Revan
-

oh wait nevermind

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 03:54 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

A point well eliterated, Darth Revan.

I find that a plethera of youths have somehow created a mock-up of what I like to call the English Language. When we have "full sentences" composed of letters substituting words, the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

"wut r u doin?" <- that is not english, rather it is a disgrace.

English used to be a beautiful thing, but now it is nothing more then jibberish for the most part.

Your a ***. <-- I love this one. And the best part is the speaker claims I am the one who needs to learn the language. laughing

You are a *** is the full sentence. And YOU + ARE = YOU'RE! yes

Poor grammer and lack-luster spelling are spreading like wildfire. Please, do yourself a favour and use the wonderful tool of spellcheck. Also, understand that spellcheck CHECKS SPELLING, not words that are out of context and/or homonyms misplaced.

Thank you, and have a great day!

-Cyke

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 04:23 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I applaud you, Lil' Backfire. Well said, my good man!

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 05:14 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

embarrasment

You are just saying that. embarrasment embarrasment

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 03:44 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nivvy
Daily Spleen

The Importance of that known as -Homonym.

*Takes out Austin Powers Script*
Tehhe... .. . ..

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 12:21 AM
Nivvy is currently offline Click here to Send Nivvy a Private Message Find more posts by Nivvy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tela

Although I agree completely D.R. I voted I will kick your ass with a rubber fish

Made by the extremely awesome Starlock

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 07:39 PM
Tela is currently offline Click here to Send Tela a Private Message Find more posts by Tela Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Hooray for me happy

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 07:41 PM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

smart pathetic DR you spelled grammatically wrong

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 07:42 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

No I didn't... Tired Hiker did... smart

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 07:44 PM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

smart

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 07:51 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tela

Like I would have a rubber fish. Wait I do blink

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 07:51 PM
Tela is currently offline Click here to Send Tela a Private Message Find more posts by Tela Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I bought a joke book from this old hippie dude who calls himself "frog" and goes around selling these things that he writes himself. He makes you squeeze his rubber chicken and his rubber cow before you can have one of them blink

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 11:10 PM
Tela

Okay, that's really weird.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 11:18 PM
Darth Revan
-

The town where I live is weird beyond belief. I went to the Oregon Country Fair a few weeks ago, which is basically a big hippie party that lasts all week. There was this guy in a giant wolf suit on stilts who tried to hug my friend's 11 year old brother... blink And another time, there was a guy sitting in the middle of a field rolling some special "something" up in little slips of paper... Then the cops came along and had a little chat with him laughing

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 11:29 PM
Tela

And I"m sure you were a partner in that conversation.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 12:24 AM
Darth Revan
-

Oh yeah, I was smokin'

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 01:16 AM
Clovie

true. i'm making mistakes coz it is not my language but i'm still confused when i'm seeing a post from someone whose born language is english and i have to guess every other word blink

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 07:05 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

My version got the most votes.

Don't you just love me big grin

*remembers she's supposed to be being elusive*

blink

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 03:39 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
The town where I live is weird beyond belief. I went to the Oregon Country Fair a few weeks ago, which is basically a big hippie party that lasts all week. There was this guy in a giant wolf suit on stilts who tried to hug my friend's 11 year old brother... blink And another time, there was a guy sitting in the middle of a field rolling some special "something" up in little slips of paper... Then the cops came along and had a little chat with him laughing

Oregon sucks

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 03:58 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Should I post Grandpa Simpsons story about the boat to Shelbyville?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 04:39 PM