KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Review : "Alien vs Predator"

Review : "Alien vs Predator"
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

Naw, we could do with an all out Earth war on the aliens, witht the assitance of the predator or as goes it the other way around.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 07:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Well, I like the idea of Earth going to hell in a handbasket, art imitating life, but..[SPOILER - highlight to read]: in the Director's Cut of "Alien: Resurrection", when Ripley and Call jettison back to Earth, they find the scorched Earth there too. It would kinda throw a wrench in things to destroy Earth twice. Of course, only the people that saw the D.C. of "Alien: Resurrection" would know that, but that would still make for a huge contradiction.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 04:49 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Not if the films werent following the same story lines

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Aug 15th, 2004 at 05:09 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 05:07 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

No sequals period.

By the way Ca did you get my pm?

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 05:21 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

thats easy for you to say, but the die hard fans want aliens and predator sequals up the ass as long as they work, when they dont work stop making shit. We have waited years for this film to come out and it did, and it did what we wanted it to, so why not give us more of it?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 05:25 PM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
thats easy for you to say, but the die hard fans want aliens and predator sequals up the ass as long as they work, when they dont work stop making shit. We have waited years for this film to come out and it did, and it did what we wanted it to, so why not give us more of it?

I agree. We've waited much too long for this for it to stop now. erm Then again, the worst thing would be if they totally destroyed it, and that's why I'm a bit edgy.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 05:43 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

i just saw it eek!

very kickass yes

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 06:46 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Because me personally am sick of sequals.So many good movies and horror movies get ruined by em.Its sad how they cant come up with anything new so they keep building on the same crap over and over again.Prequals,Remakes etc...

Besides there have been 4 Alien movies and 2 Predator movies and now AVP how much more do you guys need?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 08:17 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Well seeing how only two alien movies are really only worth mentioning, and that predator 2 was a near miss. I believe we are rightfull in wanting as many sequals as we can get to these bad ass characters. The simple fact is because they create Great action flicks that give us the best suspense in science fiction. If your not a fan like the die hards you just cant get it. yeah there are to many sequals and prequal bullshit,but this is one franchise that has earned it's dues not only by fan base, but through their impacts on science fiction and action films as we know them today. So yes if they can be done well and continued in the right mannor, i hope we see many more of these films . Stick to the writing, and the character essence and we will be good.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 08:37 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

So your saying that even tho 2 aliens arent worth mentioning and predator 2 sucked and you still think the writers can do better?

I mean AvP was good but thinking that there gonna be able to pull if off again without it being redudant and stupid is more than just wishful thinking.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 08:41 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Stormy Day

By the way Ca did you get my pm?

Yep, I'll work on some tonight.

quote:
Not if the films werent following the same story lines

Well, Aliens couldn't destroy the Earth twice is my point, especially if this is supposed to be a sequel/prequel, which it has to be, occuring in 2004. "Resurrection" is set in 2389.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Aug 16th, 2004 at 12:39 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 12:32 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks CA happy

Once the writers realize its not gonna work there gonna make this crappy story trying to sqeez all there stuff in there without it affecting "Ressurection" and there gonna fail.The best everyone can hope for is that they realized theres no more to work with and just stop.I think they ended it well and that fans should just be happy with the 7 movies there got combined from both series erm

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 01:03 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

"Yeah but the action and the way they made the film was excellent.

The problem with story and the characters is a silly reason not to like the movie seeing as how theres almost never a horror movie with good characters and a story that hasnt been used before"

The action was merely okay. It wasn't anything new or exciting, it just took some hot action segments from other films, such as the matrix, and threw them in this film. The camerawork was very poor in this film, most of the scenes had very fast camera movement, so much so that I had trouble telling what exactly was going on.

As for the characters or story, this is important in every movie. The fact that both aspects were heavily flawed in this film is a huge problem.

Also, this is the only movie that went from being extremely slow the first half, and extremely rushed the second half. I don't know how they managed to make the film both rushed and slow.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 06:10 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait..I geuss the story was explained good but we needed to seee more of it in the characters and why the guys and team where doing this and thee backgrounds.

If you didnt like the camera work here you dont even want to see "The Bourne Supremacy"

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 06:12 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I saw bourne supremecy, that had the same problems.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 06:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

The camerawork was the problem for me.It looked like it was being handled by a toddler,and I was sitting in the second row from the screen messed

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 06:18 AM
Bagtatta

I've been owned in myh argument, lol.

I've only red 3 Aliens Vs. Predator comics unfortunately and I own them. But it never had any teaming up with so I was wrong about that..

And I guess you're right about the girl, but she had the Predators spear as well, couldn't that be considered armed? If not, shame. I still didn't like the movie..my favorite character is the Predator and I couldn't get into it feeling like half the movie it just got it's ass kicked, and 2 of them were gone directly in the beginning.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 08:22 PM
Bagtatta is currently offline Click here to Send Bagtatta a Private Message Find more posts by Bagtatta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah the fact that they [SPOILER - highlight to read]: kill two at the beginningsucked but hey minor plots holes,no reason for disliking the movie confused

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 08:33 PM
Beyonder

Love this movie. Yeah there were plotholes but I thought the story was great. The setup was good, but I was kind of expenting more from the Predators. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hated that two Predators were taken out so quickly and ending the hunt. Sucks how there wasn't much of a hunt at all.
However, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I did like that the hero Predator looked like the original Predators and not that new looking skull-masked one which was overly bulked. Made the movie more enjoyable.

Alien Vs. Predator 2 should follow the Capcom game storyline. It should be Dutch and great, great, great, great...grandmother Ripley battling there way into a major American city (D.C., New York, etc.) to track down the hive and destroy the queen. And as the U.S. miliary forces try to quarantine the entire city, troops move in and rescue the remaining citizens in one massive Exodus. And because there are humans still in the city, nuking the city would not be an option, also cause radiation to a major city would leave it unusable for years. As everyone on their squad are killed and they're cornered (Ducth and great...grandmother Ripley), a bombardment of plasma energy blast incinerate the Aliens and two Predators - elder/skilled/hunter/warrior/best of there species - reveal themself, offering their assistance in removing the preys their ancestors had introduce to the planet. Then just like the video game - the four fight their way into the seized city and kick some f#cken Alien ass. That's the best set up for Alien Vs. Predator 2. It's not original but still a great plot for the sequel. And I'll admit that they're plotholes in this (like how the Aliens end up in a populated American city), but someone can come up with something.

Last edited by Beyonder on Aug 17th, 2004 at 01:29 AM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 01:22 AM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Either way if there is a sequal the Aliens better win.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 08:09 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote