KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Which Alcoholic Drink Are You

Which Alcoholic Drink Are You
Started by: Ronny

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gaca
KATIUSHA

no it's not... they stole it from us!

mad

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 07:50 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

quote:
Originally posted by HockeyHorror
vodka is russian yes
no expression i'll look this up

vodka the word is Russian vodka the drink is polish smart

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 07:51 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

no i just remembered my grandpa told me it originated from 3 places, Persia, Russia and Poland...ill find somehting on it, wait one sec wink

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 07:52 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

The origins of Vodka are shrouded in mystery. Many nations and many more individuals claim to be the birthplace of the popular spirit. The two leading candidates as the mother country of vodka are Poland and Russia. Each can boast a heavy association and great popularity for the drink. In each country, the eighty proof liquor is drunk with meals. In Russia the word voda, believed to be the word that vodka originated from, means water. Vodka is just as popular in Poland.

Believed to have originated from either Poland or Russia (some say Persia also), the birth date of Vodka has been estimated around the beginning of the twelfth century. Made for medical purposes, this crude anesthetic and disinfectant was distilled from rye. It was not until the middle fourteenth century that vodka was discovered to have intoxicating characteristics. Families and communities were producing the drink before the end of the 1300’s for the purpose of drinking. In Russia, it was believed that the drink contained its own spirit and it was used at religious events. A cup would be passed around, at times containing more than a gallon of vodka. Those who refused to partake would be considered impious. From the beginning of the seventeenth century it had become customary for vodka to be served at Russian Imperial banquets. All meals were begun with bread and vodka.

Although vodka began as rye-based liquor, as it became more popular to the masses, the potato became the ingredient of choice. The potato was much more common, and although the vodka did not taste as well, much easier to distill from than other grains. As vodka made the switch from a family made liquor to one that was produced on a grand scale by large distilleries, the potato was discarded and grain was embraced. Today most brands of vodka are distilled from rye, wheat, barley, and most commonly corn. Vodka is distilled at very high proofs and then filtered through vegetable charcoal. The higher the proof, the less the flavor and clearer the color.

Although vodka had been a hit over in Russia and Eastern Europe for hundreds of years, it did not become popular in the United States until the 1930’s when the Smirnoff Company opened for business. They introduced gold vodka; vodka that is aged for ten years in oak casks before it’s sold on the market. Today vodka commands 20% of the market in the United States, and almost the entire market in Russia and Eastern Europe. It is one of the most popular drinks worldwide and should continue to be for a long time in the future.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

well wherever it came from its good.

ARMENIA FOR LIFE!!!!

ME AND BACKFIRE WILL TAKE OVER KMC SOON!!!!

Armo Style

no expression

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 07:53 PM
Gaca
KATIUSHA

AH HAH!!! IT'S POLISH!

and in my language it's wódka

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 07:54 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
Originally posted by Vampy
AH HAH!!! IT'S POLISH!

did u read what i posted no expression

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 07:54 PM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

WODKA thats so cool eek!

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 07:55 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
Originally posted by Vampy
AH HAH!!! IT'S POLISH!

did you read what i posted no expression

Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

oooo double post

Ronny
Love is Blindness

laughing

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 07:56 PM
Gaca
KATIUSHA

yes I read....

but I still think it's from Poland, yo cool

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 07:57 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

cool

just watch,

me and backfire are gonna take over KMC

Armo Style cool

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 07:58 PM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

i like polish hot dogs happy

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Ronny
Love is Blindness

quote:
cool

just watch,

me and backfire are gonna take over KMC

Armo Style cool
ninja but your californian

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Gaca
KATIUSHA

you mean polish sausage?

I'm vegetarian... but you gotta ask Nazzy... she's a sausage freak!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 08:00 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
Originally posted by PrefectRonnykin
ninja but your californian

it doesn't mean im not Armenian no expression

i consider myself a threat to the earth no expression

i hang bunnies and duckies as orniments on my christmas tree no expression

on halloween i give children nail clippings and vodka no expression

laughing

no expression

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 08:01 PM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

sausage yeah

Your a vegetarian! woah i could never not eat meat raver

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 08:02 PM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

quote:
it doesn't mean im not Armenian no expression

i consider myself a threat to the earth no expression

i hang bunnies and duckies as orniments on my christmas tree no expression

on halloween i give children nail clippings and vodka no expression

laughing

no expression
no expression bunnies and duckies

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 08:02 PM