KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Xena (All Opinions Welcomed)

Xena (All Opinions Welcomed)
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

quote:
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
*sigh*you sound alot like when i was fighting with hocky...i knew nothing about rap...yet i hated it....this is basiclly the same scenario...your judging it when you never gave it a chance to see if there really was anything more to it...

for your information I have seen Xena, the acting was repetitive and over done.

all her kick ass attitude and I'm not afraid of anyone was over the top, how can any one woman do all that, if you wanna do a show, at least add some realistic aspects to it!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:44 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
*sigh*you sound alot like when i was fighting with hocky...i knew nothing about rap...yet i hated it....this is basiclly the same scenario...your judging it when you never gave it a chance to see if there really was anything more to it...

Oh yes, how clever of you, ive never seen the show yet i know about it! Please!
Ive seen this show many times, simply because it used to be right before the simpsons, i know what im talking about...

Again, if you are gonna make her into a Mythology character, then pick a time of some sort...i mean Julius Cesar, Hercules, Cleopatra....all in one time....sheesh!!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:45 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

lil b has a good point about the Amazons

The whole idea of the Amazons is that they're a tribe of fed-up, anti-male women. They probably would not have worn that kind of stuff if they had existed--in fact there are stories of Amazonian warriors cutting off their right breasts so they could draw their bows more easily...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:45 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by wicker_man
Not true being a regular viewer of the series back in its hey day i can assure you that this was not the case, basically every show and film takes this ploy to attract the male audience, even Scooby Doo (The Movie) had one scene drawn up where the two lead females had to kiss...and this is a family oriented movie.

Yeah....and? I dont get your point? My point is that some people are arguing how thats not exploitation of women, and im arguing it is...

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:47 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yeah....and? I dont get your point? My point is that some people are arguing how thats not exploitation of women, and im arguing it is...

Well some people would argue that films like American Pie, Road Trip do exactly the same thing in regards to exploiting woman.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:49 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan

The whole idea of the Amazons is that they're a tribe of fed-up, anti-male women. They probably would not have worn that kind of stuff if they had existed--in fact there are stories of Amazonian warriors cutting off their right breasts so they could draw their bows more easily...

True that!

Amazons were also big women. Also said to have fought in Trojan war...tehy arent pummped up princesses with a little skirts and jewlery!! Please!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:50 PM
silver_tears

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan

Precisely, if females become opressed and fed up about how males treated them back then as slaves and objects, why in the world would they wear tight and short skirts to get more negative attention roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not to mention how Xena easily slings her sword around, to be true to history, swords were not light as a feather, it took alot to be able to use one.

silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Well some people would argue that films like American Pie, Road Trip do exactly the same thing in regards to exploiting woman.

Yes....and? What is your point....i think that too...so? We are discussing Xena...

silver_tears

That's the whole point, Xena_fan was upset with our comments of Xena, however we are not discussing any other movie or show, it is about our feelings of Xena.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:54 PM
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Yes....and? What is your point....i think that too...so? We are discussing Xena...

My point is Xena did not start this so called trend of exploiting scantily clad women, i have given you perfect examples of other pro grammes that could be classed as 'demoralizing women' and i could give you a list of more prior to Xena's debut on screen. Im just pointing out that the whole aspect of Xena shouldn't be scapegoated for this particular aspect, bad acting and cheesy dialog maybe.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:56 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

We are not discussing anything else....we are discussing Xena and what that TV show is showing...we dont care about the rest!! Period.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:56 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

...why do i have the feeling this is getting us nowhere?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:57 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

quote:
My point is Xena did not start this so called trend of exploiting scantily clad women, i have given you perfect examples of other pro grammes that could be classed as 'demoralizing women' and i could give you a list of more prior to Xena's debut on screen. Im just pointing out that the whole aspect of Xena shouldn't be scapegoated for this particular aspect, bad acting and cheesy dialog maybe.

yes, but these movies and things alot of them came after Xena, which means that because Xena started the trend, and was popular amongst some audiences a whole new genre cam to be.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:57 PM
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
We are not discussing anything else....we are discussing Xena and what that TV show is showing...we dont care about the rest!! Period.

That's what i've been doing but to highlight my argument i need to highlight other examples.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:58 PM
lil bitchiness
-

It doesnt really matter!!

If we were discussing some other TV show or film you have mentioned already, i woud have an openion, however, that is totally irrelevant at this point!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:58 PM
lil bitchiness
-

And just because it is the same as those programs does that mean it makes it ok?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 06:59 PM
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by silver_tears
yes, but these movies and things alot of them came after Xena, which means that because Xena started the trend, and was popular amongst some audiences a whole new genre cam to be.

Sorry ST but Xena was merely another step in this so called genre... try 1966's One Million Years BC, Barbarella (also from the 60's), countless Hammer Horror outings and of course Star Trek for a good place to start.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:02 PM
silver_tears

quote:

if you know nothing about it and hate it, then you are just prejudice.

We have seen the show and episodes, and have valid reasons for our dislike of it, if you had a dislike of rap then you had a reason for hating it, but knowing nothing of it and feeling that way makes you biased based on other things.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:03 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

just so you know i learned from experience....im not racist ya know...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:04 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I cant say I like it or agre with it when i dont. I mean...what the hell?

All those shows do the same thing, yes, all those movies do it yes, but we are not talking about them, we are talking about Xena and the idea that someone put foward that this show is different, i am arguing that it is noT!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:06 PM