KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Xena (All Opinions Welcomed)

Xena (All Opinions Welcomed)
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

quote:
Originally posted by wicker_man
Sorry ST but Xena was merely another step in this so called genre... try 1966's One Million Years BC, Barbarella (also from the 60's), countless Hammer Horror outings and of course Star Trek for a good place to start.

I don't say that I disagree, but at first you did not mention these shows, I am just pointing out that the others mentioned came after Xena big grin

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:08 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I cant say I like it or agre with it when i dont. I mean...what the hell?

All those shows do the same thing, yes, all those movies do it yes, but we are not talking about them, we are talking about Xena and the idea that someone put foward that this show is different, i am arguing that it is noT!!

I know its not but the majority of arguments that have been circulating around Xena have been to do with its so called demorilsation of women, im just arguing that its a show (nothing more) thats a small 'stepping stone' in a long line of this genre.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:08 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

why are we even discussing Xena anyway? It was a crap show that isn't worth my time arguing over so bye bye big grin

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:09 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Plus I will point out I don't have an opinion on these shows because I have not seen them, but Xena I have seen so therefore I have an opinion on it, even if it is negative.

silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Twin B!tch 1
why are we even discussing Xena anyway? It was a crap show that isn't worth my time arguing over so bye bye big grin

Woah!! True!! Very very true! big grin

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by silver_tears
I don't say that I disagree, but at first you did not mention these shows, I am just pointing out that the others mentioned came after Xena big grin

Yeh i mean just look at Lexx and Cleopatra far worse (in my opinion) for demoralizing women.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:10 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

wow, this is a big trash-talk thread huh? big grin

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:11 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

yes, but Xena started this off, and then after they figured hey we can suck the males in with half-naked woman doing somersaults off horses.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:12 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Even as a show it sucks!! And why does it do so...well because Wicker Man just like you said it yourself, it does all the other show does when it comes to representing women,
its not mythologicly correct, nor historicly correct. And the fight scenes suck!!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:12 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
half-naked woman doing somersaults off horses.

definitly have to watch again laughing out loud

oh wait... is it still the same old tart? messed

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:14 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
yes, but Xena started this off, and then after they figured hey we can suck the males in with half-naked woman doing somersaults off horses.

Again i need to point out Xena did not start this trend maybe buck it but definitely did not start it.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:14 PM
silver_tears

no I mean for your other shows and movies you listed, not the ones from long ago.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:15 PM
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
no I mean for your other shows and movies you listed, not the ones from long ago.

Still im making the point that Xena re-bucked this trend like did Scream with the slasher genre.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:16 PM
silver_tears

Yes, but my point still remains that in my personal opinion that is not girl power at the best. And I have no urge to watch half-naked girls jump around or what not, so I am not a fan.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:18 PM
wicker_man
V.2

Well my personal opinion (and final word) on the show is that it was an enjoyable romp that although historically inaccurate was good 'brainless' fun for a Saturday evening.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:22 PM
Corlindel
Noldor

I like the Amazons and their queen....They are one of my favorites miths of the Odissey and Illiad from Homer. It is great to imagine them fighting next to the Troians against the Greek, when their quenn Pentesileia was killed by Aquiles....

But Xena is to much silly to be true. I dislike that TV serie a lot. sleep

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:23 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Corlindel
I like the Amazons and their queen....They are one of my favorites miths of the Odissey and Illiad from Homer. It is great to imagine them fighting next to the Troians against the Greek, when their quenn Pentesileia was killed by Aquiles....

But Xena is to much silly to be true. I dislike that TV serie a lot. sleep

Again...very true!! Too silly!! Way too silly and untrue...

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:26 PM
wicker_man
V.2

Well i dont think the shows creators were trying to win any awards for originality or historical accuracy.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:27 PM
furryman
honky

the Charmed sisters wear proper clothes and don't do lesbian nude scenes What the f**k?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:30 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xena
Warrior Princess

So far Wickerman has been right about Xena. The whole idea starte because Hercules which used to big years ago needed a Female theme so some producers decided that a female version would be needed. So Xena was produce to attract younger female audiences into the series. Xena got her show Lucy got the spot!

Xena can be consider a spinoff, and there is so much to talk about. But since some of you have decided to make rants about ME!

It wasn't brainless or dull Xena was meant to be a show for women that love stories about barbarians themes. And Xena was more like a superhero for women!

[EDITED]

Made by Cinemaddiction smile

Last edited by Tex on Feb 29th, 2004 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:38 PM
Xena is currently offline Click here to Send Xena a Private Message Find more posts by Xena Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote