KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?

If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?
Started by: vaya_the_elf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 10 11 [12]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Here's my list:
1. Paradise Lost by John Milton (Yeah, I know it was written in the 1600s! It's still a great book!! ...Really controversial though...)
2. Dragonlance by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, and various others, but I'm too lazy to see who (movies for the Chronicles and Legends, and a T.V. show for the rest. That way, it'll be popular, but not blown over...I hope...)
3. Quenta Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien (Holy crow, the SFX cost would be huge, but I know it would be worth every penny. ...Or every thousand, as the case may be...)
4. The Stand by Stephen King (Yes, I know there is an old version, but I want to see a new one with better SFX ...Randall Flagg is my hero...)
5. Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan (I know this might be rated PG-13, so some of the readers may not be able to see it, but they would be great anyways. ...Even if they were a bit gory...)

Paradise Lost would be directed by Stephen Spielberg.
DragonLance would be done by Peter Jackson.
Quenta Silmarillion would also be Peter Jackson.
The Stand would be from Stephen Fangmeir.
And Cirque Du Freak by M. Night Shyamalan.

I hope all of you agree with me, and I hope all that are on my list are made into movies.

Happy reading!

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 07:44 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMercurial
Unmythical mortal

Re: If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
I was just wondering if you could make any book that you have read into a movie which one would you chose?
Here are mine.. Dragonlance, dark angle, the phatom tollbooth

None, I doubt there is any book that didnt get the message across better than its movie counterpart.

"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 01:34 PM
TheMercurial is currently offline Click here to Send TheMercurial a Private Message Find more posts by TheMercurial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Originally posted by Xirius
None, I doubt there is any book that didnt get the message across better than its movie counterpart.

Yeah the movies never seem to do the books justice *shrugs*

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 08:31 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Man on fire.

Denzel Washington should be tarred and feathered for what he did to that book. Shame on him, I say shame on him!

In the first place, it needed a Nine Inch Nails soundtrack...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 12:49 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Xirius
Originally posted by Coldfire
Yeah the movies never seem to do the books justice *shrugs*
Agreed. But if anything, Dragonlance if I had to choose.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 06:17 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:02 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Telpy
SKittle Addict

Originally posted by MildPossession

As for a book, I want to see Bitten by Kelley Armstrong made into a film.

Oh ahh, but it is. smile it was said that Angelina Jolie was going to take the role, but its just disappeared. [/B]

The idea fell through, so it's not gonna happen unfortunately. Was dissapointed when I heard.
sad
There will be a graphic novel though. eek!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2012 11:47 PM
Telpy is currently offline Click here to Send Telpy a Private Message Find more posts by Telpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, Directed by Guillermo Del Toro.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 12:16 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

The Bible

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 04:03 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I would like to see the White Wolf Universe get a movie or "decent" tv series treatment.
They are Pen and Paper games though they did have novels. Some were pretty decent.

Regardless the whole supernatural world of Vampires, Werewolves and Mages have never had a better telling personally.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2012 04:08 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yurika

Maybe Tiny Times

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 09:20 AM
Yurika is currently offline Click here to Send Yurika a Private Message Find more posts by Yurika Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

Plenty, but 'the Hunchback of Notredame' and 'Endless night' by Agatha Christie would be my choice. Endless Night had a terrible adaptation imo. 'Around the world in eighty days' would be great too. I'd get to see the world. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 08:22 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tor__Hershman
Universal Toilet Cleaner

"My Life As A Small Boy" by Wally Cox

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 08:56 AM
Tor__Hershman is currently offline Click here to Send Tor__Hershman a Private Message Find more posts by Tor__Hershman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pure Passioné
..::Fallen angel::..

I wanted The Caster Chronicles made into a movie.. And it was.. (Beautiful Creatures) But I hated what they have done to it..

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 10:43 PM
Pure Passioné is currently offline Click here to Send Pure Passioné a Private Message Find more posts by Pure Passioné Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

The Great Gatsby, but it's going to be released soon.
As a SW fan I wouldn't mind seeing the Thrawn trilogy made into a movie.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 07:38 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lone Gunman

Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 12:04 AM
Lone Gunman is currently offline Click here to Send Lone Gunman a Private Message Find more posts by Lone Gunman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Every David Gemmell novel.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 09:20 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dresden Files, not a movie though a tv show.

Yes, I know there was a show on Syfy that lasted 12 episodes, I enjoyed it for what it was and wish it had not been cancelled, but it did not really stay true to the series.

It would be awesome if a network did a show that stayed true to the series. Especially if it lasted long enough to get to the storyline from the "Changes" book.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote