KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?

If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?
Started by: vaya_the_elf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Well for starting out with Terry Pratchett, I would suggest The Last hero.. its good to start out with..

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 05:46 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

I would have to say the Golden Compass series, it is much better than harry potter , although it is not in quite the same mold, but luckily it sounds as if they are making it into a movie.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 08:03 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I have not read the Golden compass.. but i did read about it.. It sounds interesting, its amoung many of my books to read

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 12:09 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Yeah, I would suggest reading that series, especially if you are into the fantasy genre of books.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:52 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

quote:
Originally posted by big gay kirk
V for Vendetta, but only if its done properly, not turned into some Hollywood mess... also Watchmen, under the same proviso.... How about the Earthsea books...? Or the three witches books of Terry Pratchett.....

Sci-fi is doing a miniseries in December based on these books. I posted something recently about it. the trailer's on sci-fi's website and it looks pretty cool. I'm kinda surprised a movie/tv miniseries has never been done before. Anyway, this looks to be pretty cool...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:08 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Well you should .. they are very fun to read

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 03:21 AM
Shadow_King
-

i would like to make a movie out of that book X-men mutant empire. or star wars rogue squadron or X-men emipres end.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 03:30 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

X-men mutant empire sounds interesting smile

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:29 PM
Shadow_King
-

it is intresting i got that book like 8 years ago. and i finished the book this year. and when i went to my book store they laughed at my face when i asked to know when they would be getting mutant empire book 2 sanctuary.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 10:13 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I love x-men in general though

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 10:30 PM
Shadow_King
-

i wanna get this book x-men chaos triligoy but i can only find the last one. and in my dreams i finally found the first book but then i woke up.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 12:28 AM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

I'm opposed to books being turned into movies in principal - howeva...

The Golden Compass (as you americans insist of calling the first book in the Dark Materials saga...) or Northern Lights to give it it's correct title - made a very fine play so It might just work as a movie, but lets face it I doubt that the USA is ready to send it's children to a movie franchise that advocates underage teenage sex and the murder of God. Pullmans other books - the Sally Lockheart series - would make fine period/detective drama.

Did someone say that sci-fi was turning V for vendetta into a movie? Please provide proof!!! Of all Moores work this is perhaps the one that would actually work best as TV/movie drama as it has a clear mostly linear narrative and is largely character based. I'd like to see it done well, but dread to think what a mess it would be done poorly. ("Whadaya mean we dont get to see the heros face? Whadaya mean he's not a HERO?) It could get very bad.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 12:30 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
I have not read the Golden compass.. but i did read about it.. It sounds interesting, its amoung many of my books to read

Only the first, Northern Lights, was any good.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 12:47 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
Only the first, Northern Lights, was any good.

Oh how very wrong.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 12:51 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Well where was the merit in the Amber Spyglass, as a conclusion he gave us [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Puppy Love! sick

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 01:02 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
Well where was the merit in the Amber Spyglass, as a conclusion he gave us ...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: A fitting (and very brave as an author ) example of young passion, and lets not forget the Murder of God...

The 1st book is the strongest, but I'd never agree that its the only good one!

Anyway - waaaay off topic!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 01:17 PM
shaber
schizoid

Not sure about 'brave' really; it's not as if the church would try to kill him for it, in fact they were no more vitriolic than Gene Siskel would be as a matter of course. Salman Rushdie certainly was brave though!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 01:49 PM
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Well I would read them anyways.. just so I found out for myself which one I like smile

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 03:19 PM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

I think america would accept them as movies, I mean there's been movies about little kids possesed by the devil and was very popular, so I don't think that's a problem. I don't think they would make the movie for a younger age group, most likely 13 and up. So why did they change the title for the U.S., I've only heard the series called the dark materials, and the book called the Golden Compass, never the Northern Lights.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 04:15 PM
Gaca
KATIUSHA

any terry pratchett book... preferably 'the last hero'

... just need an actor to play Rincewind... no one's good enough

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 04:18 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote