KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?

If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?
Started by: vaya_the_elf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

The sandman series

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 09:09 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
The sandman series

you mean the comic book sandman?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 05:59 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinsleepe
Angelina Jolie Fetishist

'The wooden sea' by Jonathan Carroll

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 07:46 PM
pinsleepe is currently offline Click here to Send pinsleepe a Private Message Find more posts by pinsleepe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by pinsleepe
'The wooden sea' by Jonathan Carroll

Sorry never heard of it. sad

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 03:02 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
you mean the comic book sandman?

yes

i dont see how they could do justice to it on screen though.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 10:13 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinsleepe
Angelina Jolie Fetishist

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Sorry never heard of it. sad

Then read it! Great book by one of my favourite writers happy

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 05:26 PM
pinsleepe is currently offline Click here to Send pinsleepe a Private Message Find more posts by pinsleepe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by pinsleepe
Then read it! Great book by one of my favourite writers happy

I'll add it to my list. My list is very long though.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 12:20 AM
Solo

The Hardy Boys Series
Phantom Of The Operah

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 02:55 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AfricanLion
DreamPanther

Not The Wheel of Time, I thought that series sucked, Jordan had great ideas but they went nowhere.
I would like to see The Sword of Truth by Goodkind as a movie, his first three books of the series blew me away, but from the fourth they started sucking as well. I doubt it will make a good movie though, they will probably screw it up (unless I got to direct it LOL).
Any Terry Pratchett, but they should do it as animation, preferably Pixar, not Disney (too many flippin songs).
David Gemmel: Either Waylander or Druss the Legend, preferably by the guy that did Gladiator (and please don't make it an all ages).
The Dark Tower, by the King of fiction.
Although most of these books would probably lose by being made into movies, they are perfectly fine the way they are.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 10:50 PM
AfricanLion is currently offline Click here to Send AfricanLion a Private Message Find more posts by AfricanLion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
startxthexmosh
living on a prayer

guitar girl.i would LOVEEE to play Molly.

debbie harry is cooler than you.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 12:53 AM
startxthexmosh is currently offline Click here to Send startxthexmosh a Private Message Find more posts by startxthexmosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by AfricanLion
Not The Wheel of Time, I thought that series sucked, Jordan had great ideas but they went nowhere.
I would like to see The Sword of Truth by Goodkind as a movie, his first three books of the series blew me away, but from the fourth they started sucking as well. I doubt it will make a good movie though, they will probably screw it up (unless I got to direct it LOL).
Any Terry Pratchett, but they should do it as animation, preferably Pixar, not Disney (too many flippin songs).
David Gemmel: Either Waylander or Druss the Legend, preferably by the guy that did Gladiator (and please don't make it an all ages).
The Dark Tower, by the King of fiction.
Although most of these books would probably lose by being made into movies, they are perfectly fine the way they are.

Sword of truth would probably be good, and so would anything by Terry pratchett. Good thinking smile

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 01:35 AM
AfricanLion
DreamPanther

Actually they've made Pratchett's Music with Rocks in into a movie (I can't remember the title). It's a movie in two parts and it's animation. I thought it was okay, but not great. It really lost something.

I think Pixar might have done a better job.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 02:47 AM
AfricanLion is currently offline Click here to Send AfricanLion a Private Message Find more posts by AfricanLion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Pixar is kicking butt lately.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 04:05 PM
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers

or

House of the Scorpion by dont recall the author

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 02:22 AM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

just remembered House of scorpion by Nancy Farmer

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 02:27 AM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

oh yes one more book i'd like to make into a movie. Harry Potter oh wait they already F*ucked that franchise up mad mad sad sad sad doctor

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 02:28 AM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

quote:
Originally posted by <<Solo>>
Phantom Of The Operah

It's already a movie, and has been several times... it was a silent film first.

Ender's Game
Halo

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 03:44 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Sleeping dragon would be fun to do.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 03:53 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The entire DragonLance Saga....rather impossible to achieve in one lifetime, but still

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 05:16 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
The entire DragonLance Saga....rather impossible to achieve in one lifetime, but still

I agree smile

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 11:25 PM