KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?

If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?
Started by: vaya_the_elf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cid

The Artemis Fowl series or Crossroads

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 10:53 AM
Cid is currently offline Click here to Send Cid a Private Message Find more posts by Cid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

"Gates Of Fire" Steven Pressfield. Awesome book, could be an awsome movie,

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 02:57 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Cid- have not heard of it. What's it about?

KharmaDog- is that a fanstasy book?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 06:36 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

No "Gates Of Fire" is a book about the battle of thermopylae. Which originally started out as an army of an estimated one million persian (including their support system) against am army of 10,000 greeks (made up from the armies of various city states).

In the end it ended up being that 300 Spartans stayed alone to hold back the persians at the narrow pass of Thermopylae. The Spartans inflicted casualties on the persians that are estimated to be greater than 10, 000 as each man, along with King leonidas, fought to his death.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 07:02 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
[B]Cid- have not heard of it. What's it about?

Whats what about??

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 11:32 AM
Cid is currently offline Click here to Send Cid a Private Message Find more posts by Cid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cid

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Cid- have not heard of it. What's it about?

KharmaDog- is that a fanstasy book?

Whats what about??

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 11:34 AM
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Artemis Fowl series

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 04:11 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beLIEve

If I could make a book into a movie I would do the Shadow Children series I think that those would make awesome movies...or the Giver

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 12:07 AM
beLIEve is currently offline Click here to Send beLIEve a Private Message Find more posts by beLIEve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Artemis Fowl series

yes Thay are fab!!

I'd love to see a Pratchett book made movie. One of the Discworld series, but I don't think a movie could be made that would do them justice erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 11:28 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhead
Restricted

Account Restricted

mine would be the pendragon series,

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 07:11 PM
redhead is currently offline Click here to Send redhead a Private Message Find more posts by redhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
yes Thay are fab!!

I'd love to see a Pratchett book made movie. One of the Discworld series, but I don't think a movie could be made that would do them justice erm

Pratchett book's would be very hard to do though.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 05:09 AM
Syren
dreaming

yes Even the HP movies left a lot to be desired in length and detail... I would think that for even one of his books they would have to make a trilogy roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 09:00 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

I was thinking quite the opposite, because his books are so much more descriptive the actually storylines and plots would not be that long because you would not need as much time to describe all the different characters, you would just be able to see it - you may have to have them in a narrative form to allow for the descriptions and leads into the books especially at the beginnings.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 02:25 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blalocklover
Akodon

I would give tons of money to adapt all Ballard works. His novels are amazing and well detailed. Empire of the Sun even in a infantile adaptation is great.

Martin Amis or Tom Sharpe will work for me too.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 09:32 PM
blalocklover is currently offline Click here to Send blalocklover a Private Message Find more posts by blalocklover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Have not heard of those embarrasment

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 01:25 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by big gay kirk
V for Vendetta, but only if its done properly, not turned into some Hollywood mess... also Watchmen, under the same proviso.... How about the Earthsea books...? Or the three witches books of Terry Pratchett.....
it looks like your going to get your wish BGK...check out the kmc linkie I found.. http://www.killermovies.com/v/vforvendetta/

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 08:50 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I would make Lord Brocktree by Brain Jacques into a movie. Not a cartoon, but computer animated of course.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 1st, 2005 02:58 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skull-X
ABRACA- *Gets shot

I'd use the House of the Scorpions.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 12:09 AM
Skull-X is currently offline Click here to Send Skull-X a Private Message Find more posts by Skull-X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Masquerade

A dictionary.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 12:13 AM
Masquerade is currently offline Click here to Send Masquerade a Private Message Find more posts by Masquerade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

I would have to say Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 08:13 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote