KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » aeon flux

aeon flux
Started by: charlize_baby

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Paola
sorry to ask this but...........was aeon a "comic"? What the f**k?

I don't know if Aeon Flux was a comic before but it is now. There's a four part series. I believe Part 2 is still on newsstands. I'm finding it interesting.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 02:36 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

there was a comic who's name i don't remember that tied up some stuff in the cartoon that didn't make sense, and a prequal to the current movie. As far as i've heard, the movie is not at all faithful to the cartoon and is terrible. Of course the only way to make an authentic aeon flux movie would be to make it NC-17, all blue screen, and have charlize theron die every 17 minutes. Not to mention that it's stupid to make an action movie about a cartoon that parodies action movies.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 08:58 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cameron666
Teh Sexay Fairy

Just got back from seeing it, I thought it was fantastic.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 05:58 AM
cameron666 is currently offline Click here to Send cameron666 a Private Message Find more posts by cameron666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiar180
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aeon is hot

Old Post Dec 8th, 2005 02:04 AM
Tiar180 is currently offline Click here to Send Tiar180 a Private Message Find more posts by Tiar180 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I haven't read any of the comic and only seen the MTV anime twice, and didn't understand it fully, so all of my judgment is based on simply seeing the movie:

I thought it was a decent movie with a good plot and a decent twist, but it was completly ruined by poor Cinematography and directing. The way they layed out hte whole movie was incredibly confusing. The setting was just confusing, the city was just undecypherable. I couldn't tell where they were going and how everything was layed out. The action scenes also seemed boring. It as stylistic but boringly stylistic. It was almost like it wanted to be the matrix or something, but it never did anything for me, I don't know if I've just become over exposed to stylistic fights, so that they don't seem exciting to me or what, btu they bored me.
The plot was good, and would probably make a good book, but just the way it was shot ruined it.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2005 04:27 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

the movie was bad, the acting was horrible, but charlize was visually stunning. I have not seen those anime cartoons so i cant compare it with that

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 04:47 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanall

well, i thought the movie was good, i've never seen the cartoon. but i agree that the cinemetography sucked. and the fact that nobody could hit Aeon, even when she was holding still was stupid. and they never seemed to have more than one scene in the same spot. so there wasn't really any way of telling how the city was laid out.

http://www.animengaming.notlong.com/

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 03:00 PM
Revanall is currently offline Click here to Send Revanall a Private Message Find more posts by Revanall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shwartz
Smith will suffice

All and all I believe it was a pretty good movie. Yeah some of the acting to me seemed kind of blan. But you gotta give it to Charlize Theron, man was she freaking hot!!! And I believe that is part of the reason that most people went to see it.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 03:01 PM
Shwartz is currently offline Click here to Send Shwartz a Private Message Find more posts by Shwartz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanall

yea, that was THE best part of the movie.

http://www.animengaming.notlong.com/

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 01:06 PM
Revanall is currently offline Click here to Send Revanall a Private Message Find more posts by Revanall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is a movie that I will wait for the dvd, didn't think much of anything I have seen on it so far, and I don't think much of Theron in 'hot' terms...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 04:37 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I just saw it at my local dollar theater. Despite the crappy quality the theater has to offer, I missed about ten minutes when the movie stopped at the middle, I thought it was a decent movie. It's nowhere near as bizarre at the cartoon series was but it had some original elements in it, some great action, and stayed true to the cartoon almost. There were new things in it that played off the cartoon, such as the vest that makes them all blurry from the first episode, it was changed to something that completely changes the room which I thought was cool.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 10:46 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systemshock2

I too recently saw the movie at my local dollar theater. It was surprisingly better than expected. Good storyline, decent acting, a great looking lead actress. I was really surprised at the Trevor Goodchild storyline though. There were some believable reasons that made him a sympathetic character. My favorite scene though was at the end when it was the present and Aeon and Trevor made a warm goodbye to each other.

Best rivalry ever!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 08:59 PM
systemshock2 is currently offline Click here to Send systemshock2 a Private Message Find more posts by systemshock2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VIDEODROME

I saw it in the theater and enjoyed it. I also thought it respected the source material. I like how they approached the relationship between Aeon and Trevor.

I also liked that it was more then just about being an action movie and it had a sci-fi story to tell.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 04:32 AM
VIDEODROME is currently offline Click here to Send VIDEODROME a Private Message Find more posts by VIDEODROME Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saw it, and thought it was mostly rubbish, don't know how many times I rolled my eyes. Pretty poor movie. Glad I didn't waste money on it.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 06:27 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

How they approached Aeon and Trevor's relationship I didn't care much for. That's probably the prime example of how it was dumbed down for the movie. In the cartoon, there was no clear explanation of their attraction to each other, but it somehow worked. Here, they just made up some story about [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Aeon being a clone of Trevor's deceased wife.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 10:04 PM
Mana4X2
To die for, Savvy?

We're going to see this tomorrow night. Can't wait. The previews and the website looks awesome. Hope it lives up to its marketing. I have nothing to compare it to as I have never seen the cartoon, and never read the comics.

Here's hoping it's as good as it looks.

I have the XTreme desktop uploaded on my computer. It's really awesome, you so should check it out on the official site.

Cheers,
Mana

Norrington: "You actually were telling the truth."
Jack: "I do that quite a lot, yet people are always surprised."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 09:36 AM
Mana4X2 is currently offline Click here to Send Mana4X2 a Private Message Find more posts by Mana4X2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dodge

Re: aeon flux

thank yo man faor this film

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 09:28 AM
dodge is currently offline Click here to Send dodge a Private Message Find more posts by dodge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I haven't read any of the comic and only seen the MTV anime twice, and didn't understand it fully, so all of my judgment is based on simply seeing the movie:

I thought it was a decent movie with a good plot and a decent twist, but it was completly ruined by poor Cinematography and directing. The way they layed out hte whole movie was incredibly confusing. The setting was just confusing, the city was just undecypherable. I couldn't tell where they were going and how everything was layed out. The action scenes also seemed boring. It as stylistic but boringly stylistic. It was almost like it wanted to be the matrix or something, but it never did anything for me, I don't know if I've just become over exposed to stylistic fights, so that they don't seem exciting to me or what, btu they bored me.
The plot was good, and would probably make a good book, but just the way it was shot ruined it.

I actually agree with a lot of this. I enjoyed the premise and plot, but stylistically and directionally it sucked.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2011 09:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I thought the acting was okay, effects were okay, sound was good, music was forgetable, and the story was awesome.

Overall, I gave it a 7. That's a really high score for me. I rated Green Lantern a 6 and Thor a 7, for comparison.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2011 11:46 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote