KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How can they still do it ?

How can they still do it ?
Started by: Papaumau

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Who says our ancestors wouldn't mop the floor with us? big grin remember our world has grown soft compared to then.

There lives were spent in exersise Roman armies constatntly worked out... 40 year old generals were expected to keep up with new recruits and men were beaten to death if they did not meet requirements.

Spartans practiced elimination of the weak and basically genetic cleasing in thier day... new borns were left alone in the woods for 7 days and if they did not survive then so be it.

I say the feats we awe at today have probably been done already but just not recorded. Of course not all of them but the basic swimming and running and others similar.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 11:50 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well the olympic requirements involve waaay more then pure brute strengt. They have to train their muscles and coordonation in a specific way. And that is what they do..so they have all the time to practice..

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 12:54 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah, a muscle bound body is nothing compared to a well conditioned body. Athletes from way back then compared to athletes now, would be slaughtered in modern day competition. the understanding of science and how the human body works and why it does, is our greatest advantage, over way back when athletes, we know now what excercises need to be done to best train a certain musle area. Training is by far more rigerous, and advanced than ever before, which always plays a big role in the developing olympics. Science in genreal i guess you caould say.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 04:17 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

I was watching the long-distance runners qualifying yesterday and realised that the Ethiopians have sewn up long-distance running for a long time now.

Maybe it is because they have evolved from great runners in their distant past in Ethiopia that now makes them so far ahead of everybody else.

That would suggest that greatness in physical performace might be specific to where you have lived for hundreds or thousands of years.

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 10:58 AM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

well runners who live in high elevation lands are always going to be the best runners, for these people, elevation is a big factor.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 01:58 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i wish i could break some records....

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 02:22 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote