KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Karma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

I see. So... we basically agree, just see it in two seperate lights. That's good big grin

And I think you mis-understood me. I don't mean bad or good karma, as in... stealing is bad, docoring is good. I mean negative and positive in your perspective. The guy who shot the guy was calling down posotive/good in his point of view, but bad in someone else's. In the big picture, all Karma is just... white... both yes and no.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 06:35 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
I see. So... we basically agree, just see it in two seperate lights. That's good big grin

And I think you mis-understood me. I don't mean bad or good karma, as in... stealing is bad, docoring is good. I mean negative and positive in your perspective. The guy who shot the guy was calling down posotive/good in his point of view, but bad in someone else's. In the big picture, all Karma is just... white... both yes and no.

I am glad we have found common ground.

However, how I believe, karma is not negative or positive, it just is.

Sense you are new here, I am a Nichiren Buddhist, and I draw my knowledge from the Lotus Sutra and the writing of Nichiren Daishonin, I don't just know this stuff.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 06:40 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking
King of the muscle shirts

what is karma? can someone tell me what it is?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 06:53 PM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I am glad we have found common ground.

However, how I believe, karma is not negative or positive, it just is.

Sense you are new here, I am a Nichiren Buddhist, and I draw my knowledge from the Lotus Sutra and the writing of Nichiren Daishonin, I don't just know this stuff.

You don't get it. I am agreeing with you!! Karma is just... nothingness, in it's own being. I mean negative in one's own perspective. The ball can hit off the wall and hit you in the face, or it can fly into your hand. The Karma itself is not actually good or bad, but it's effect on you can be good or bad to you, in your eyes.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 07:05 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
You don't get it. I am agreeing with you!! Karma is just... nothingness, in it's own being. I mean negative in one's own perspective. The ball can hit off the wall and hit you in the face, or it can fly into your hand. The Karma itself is not actually good or bad, but it's effect on you can be good or bad to you, in your eyes.

Then we agree! I try to free my self of terms like negative and positive. While you were writing your last post I wrote this...

I’m sorry, my last statement sounded a little arrogant; so let me explain. I am not all that smart; I stand on the shoulders of giants. The basis of what I say is not handed down by some god, but is based on reading and coming to a growing understanding of many very smart people who for over 3000 years looked at the human condition and came up with answers that have real effect in life. My faith is not blind, I believe that these people got it right and my belief now is the only thing that has worked in my life, and I used to be a Christian (which doesn't’t work for me).

Nothingness...
I have some ideas about nothingness, I can pm you with them if you would like to share thoughts on the matter, I will not put them on the forum.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 07:09 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Yea, that would be cool. I also have some thoughts on nothing. I'd quite like to here your thoughts.
You think you can tell me a bit about you budhisme? I think my own belief is adjacent in a lot of aspects. I'm root Rastafaian.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 07:43 PM