KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » The Tavern

The Tavern
Started by: Trickster

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trickster
True KMC Jester

The Tavern

This is my attempt at introducing a new way of developing characters to RP with in this forum and as somewhere where Rpers can discuss things(preferably with a non-gaming character). I don't know how well it's going to go down, and it will depend on the number of people willing to participate. So if you do, thanks!

The tavern from the outside looks like a largish wooden building, complete with windows and a dark roof. It isn't really known where the tavern is, only that people seem to arrive at it from anywhere and everywhere. Aliens from far away futuristic worlds, magicians from a fantasy past, all manage to stumble across the tavern. When any of these curious personages approach the tavern, it becomes apperant that the windows dont actually show any of the inside, and the solid oak door is more than it seems.

Opening the door gives way to what can only be described as nothing. A complete absene of any image fills the area between the door frame, and the stranger is given a brief sensation of complete bravery. Often, they pause to take a look around. On all sides forest stretches out to the horizon, as the tavern is located on a small hill, devoid of anything but grass.

The step through the door moves the traveller as if it was a portal, magic doorway, wormhole, whatever fits their lifestyle. Inside, as that all it can be called, stretches a space that has to be larger than what it is phsyically possible to be held inside the appearance of the tavern from outside. The room is fashionably decorated, with comfortable sofas and low tables suited at reasonable distances from each other, along with more usual height tables for eating meals and wooden chairs. A bar is situated in the middle of the room, circular in shape, it isn't apparent how the bar staff get in or out. Manning the bar, which is stocked with every possible drink in existance, are two people. One is a small woman, blonde and beautiful, by most standards, her pale skin at contrast with the lack of light present in every bar. The other is a huge hulking man, who is easily double the bar in height, with tanned skin and a heavyset walk. Both are relatively easygoing though, and seem content with bantering while they fetch drinks and food for any customers. They appear human, though many speculating is done in the tavern at that, for the few troublemakers, no matter what their power in the outside world, have been easily subdued by either of the pair. Their names, which appear along with the knowledge of the tavern in any traveller's mind, are Kestrel and Vayne.

From the main room an number of corridors branch off, but it is not clear where these lead to, and people feel uneasy approaching them.If the tavern idea works, I will add areas and other descriptions

Simple Rules of the Tavern(OOC)

Try and post IC(In Character) as much as possible. The tavern was designed primarily as a place to work out the deeper personality traits of characters in RPs being played elsewhere in the forums.

Characters - at any one time try and only use one, or at most two, characters in the tavern, as this stops confusion as to who is in the tavern. If you have two in the tavern at the same time, try and post the name of the character along with their actions.

Any amount of characters can be used in the tavern, just not at the same time.

Relationships between characters can grow in the tavern, but obviously these should not transfer to the game they are from. if two characters suddenly become friends, it can ruin the group integreity of the RP.

Although the tavern was designed for characters from existing RPs on the forums, it is perfectly viable to use create one for exclusive use in the tavern, or use one from a tabletop game(e.g D&D)

Fighting can be done, if it is kept to a minum of ten posts. It can ruin the conversations in the tavern.

That's all, except for one last one. Don't be a dick. The tavern is here to have fun in!

I may change rules depending on circumstance. The bar staff are there to ensure the rules are enforced, and cannot be beaten in a fight(looking at you, goku).

[B]Thanks to anyone who joins, and may you have fun! Questions are of course at this stage welcome, as this next week is just a test to see how things go.[/I]

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 03:28 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Mors walks in, swishing his trench coat. One hand rest on his katana's hilt at his belt, hanging from his hip by an elaborate belt and sheath.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 03:53 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

From behind the bar Vayne looks up from the glass he is cleaning. Seeing the customer, he politely asks,
"Hello sir, what can I get you?"

Juno, sitting on one of the sofas facing the door studies the stranger. Noting the katana by his belt, he pplays the game most regulars play, guess the universe. Searching through his memory of peoples that combine the katana and trenchcoat, he eventually gives up, raising his voice slightly to hail Mors,
"Hey, stranger! Where do you journey from, if I'm not too impolite to ask?"

Last edited by Trickster on Aug 24th, 2004 at 04:26 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 04:20 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"I'm from Zion..." Mors replies, looking the man over. "Who might you be?"

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 04:47 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

The Door opens, and there stands a man with a brown robe on. he casually walks to the bar and asks for a Correlian ale.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 06:47 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

Deity (the guy in my sig) is sitting in the cornor, in the dark, because his candle went out

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 07:30 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Vayne reaches under the bar, and then puts a corellian ale onto its surface.
"Here you go sir," he says, before turning back to his cleaning job.

Juno loks thoughtful for a moment before replying, "I'm Juno. I'm a drifter. You want a drink?"

BTW, anyone can control the bartenders, otherwise it gets boring when I'm offline. smile

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 05:05 PM
Fire

(damn you shouldn't have brought up DnD now I wonder who to play)

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:05 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Not me, I have no idea how!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:35 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

*enters the tavern and looks around with slit eyes and walks to the bar table and asks for the bartender for Heinekin* could i please have heinekin.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:55 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Vayne passes over an unopened can of Heineken and a glass.

Juno watches and waits for someone to sit with him.

(Lol, poor Fire. You don't have to play a D&D character, just any character. *points out previous post to SK*)

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 03:49 AM
REXXXX
Networking

A muscular, heavily scarred man walks in, toting a large assault rifle, sporting two lightsabers, and a mechanical arm.

"I'll have what this bastard Jedi is having..." Galder hisses as he eyes Roan. "And then I'll kill 'im..."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 05:13 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Juno looks mildly amused by Galder's threat, and downs his own drink as Vayne replies,
"You won't be killing anyone here, sir. Violence is strictly prohibited in the rules, and I'm afraid I'll break you if you try and break them."

Letting out a short laugh, Juno calls to Galder,
"Come on friend, come and have a seat, I'll explain to you how things work. I'll even get you an ale like your jedi friend." From around the other side of the bar walks Kestrel, ready to serve any customers as more people enter the tavern.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 05:28 AM
Shadow_King
-

*drinks silently and reading newspaper*

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 06:06 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Mors nods. "I'll help if he does..." Mors opens his trench coat to reveal a Glock 18 and a katana.

"Sure thing, Juno. I'm a warrior myself...just let me know if there are any suited men around...they want to find me..."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 07:38 AM
Shadow_King
-

*looks around at ppl carying swords* and than continues reading and drinking.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 09:44 AM
Fire

*A Tall slim build man walks through the door, dressed in a fully black monks outfit (you know those semi jedi-robes), wearing black sandles (the ninja type) and a long narrow sword on his back that seems rediate a faint green light*

I walk over to Kestrel and wishpers: "Could I get an ale my dear man."

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 09:49 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

wow looks at the tall slim build man and thinks *Wow a lot of ppl have swords*

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 10:01 AM
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow_King
wow looks at the tall slim build man and thinks *Wow a lot of ppl have swords*

"i dont" replied Deity

~does any thing happen here, like in ndiablo, where we get missions~

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 10:21 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

i am guessing no.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 10:24 AM