KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Shark Tale

Shark Tale
Started by: ZomBiE_HunTER

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I thought I cleared that up after telling you it was Dreamworks?

Sorry about that,I didnt understand what you said embarrasment

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 04:25 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Didn't Dreamworks make Antz? Anyway I don't think this will be as good as the upcoming Pixar Animation's Incredibles.

This one's just not appealing to me. The animation's okay -- but I'll be seeing The Incredibles instead -- the concept of retired superheroes is more interesting to me.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 07:03 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

But whats great is that they make the world of these things like the human world so its much more funny seeing them do things we do.

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 11:50 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by ariwin
This one's just not appealing to me. The animation's okay -- but I'll be seeing The Incredibles instead -- the concept of retired superheroes is more interesting to me.

Agreed.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 12:58 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-ecutionerboy

shark tale

im going to see this movie.

i just noticed angelina jolies character looks like her almost.

don't know about the pink fish though. Damn i forgot the name.

X-ecutioner Style!!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 02:14 AM
X-ecutionerboy is currently offline Click here to Send X-ecutionerboy a Private Message Find more posts by X-ecutionerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

hmm youd think after finding nemo theyd stop animating fish. too many animated films RAR. i mean cmon the polar express? shark bait? the incredibles? they really gotta stop. i might watch it tho just cuz its jack black and will smith

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 08:50 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-ecutionerboy

yeah will smith is damn funny.

whats that pink fishes name. i forgot.

X-ecutioner Style!!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 10:04 PM
X-ecutionerboy is currently offline Click here to Send X-ecutionerboy a Private Message Find more posts by X-ecutionerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie_freak

I just saw it today...it's alright not as good as Nemo.

Btw u mean Renee Zellwger's character right?? She's called Angie

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 08:22 AM
movie_freak is currently offline Click here to Send movie_freak a Private Message Find more posts by movie_freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

nemo will always rule animated flicks so compare it to like monsters inc or something

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 10:37 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

if Angie is on it... is a MUST for me

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 04:17 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Well, I rented "Shark Tale" this evening, and IMO, it was much more entertaining and involving than what, in retrospect, I would consider a preschoolers movie in "Finding Nemo".

"Shark Tale" had a really cute dual theme of applying both a Goodfellas-sh mob feel and cute "urban" thematics, which was hilarious at times because Will Smith's character was so eccentric that it worked most of the time. It did feel a little contrived at times, a little too heavy on the hip-hop lingo, but I got over it.

The voice talents were great, especially that of the mob sharks and DeNiro. Jack Black, I didn't too much care for, but the rest were ace, and I looooooved the animation. I'm a sucker for pretty colors and the amusing application of everyday life to different settings as only Dreamworks can do, i.e. Gup, Old Wavy, Coral Cola, and the Times Square underwater setting.

I truely enjoyed this one, which was a surprise, and my girlfriend even more so, giving me the greenlight to make it a part of the library. It's worth a rent, guys, IMO.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 07:08 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Better then Nemo? I find that hard to believe, considering the ho-hum reviews Shark Tale has gotten. But I'll have to check it out, I guess.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 07:12 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dont backfire.Please dont.

How is this film more entertaining to kids than "Finding Nemo" what kids are going to understand the spoofs of the Godfather of Goodfellas?

Dont all animation's have a cute theme?It's who'll "having friends is more important than being rich and famous" is so overused.This film just takes the idea of "Finding Nemo" and makes it an urban fish tale.All it material just seem's redundant from pass disney flicks.It's not fresh at all.Its idea of fish living like humans is idea of "Finding Nemo" and its little moral message can be found in most films out there.Its just feel's copied and old.It has a good look but it just bored me too death.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 08:47 AM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Beastro
Dont backfire.Please dont.

How is this film more entertaining to kids than "Finding Nemo" what kids are going to understand the spoofs of the Godfather of Goodfellas?

Dont all animation's have a cute theme?It's who'll "having friends is more important than being rich and famous" is so overused.This film just takes the idea of "Finding Nemo" and makes it an urban fish tale.All it material just seem's redundant from pass disney flicks.It's not fresh at all.Its idea of fish living like humans is idea of "Finding Nemo" and its little moral message can be found in most films out there.Its just feel's copied and old.It has a good look but it just bored me too death.

I never claimed it to be more entertaining for kids. There's a lot of adult humor in both PIXAR and Dreamworks' films. It's the norm, and always has been for both firms.

There are no comparisons between "Finding Nemo" and "Shark Tale", aside from them having to do with aquatics and fish. Of course, blind prejudice will lead anyone to draw a direct correlation. Given you haven't even SEEN "Shark Tale", apparently, I wouldn't suggest anyone put any stock in what you're rambling on about.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 08:55 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

I saw "Shark Tale" on its opening day as a matter a fact.Even the people I was with said it was dumb.It was so boring I nearly fell asleep watching Will Smith trying to voice a fish.It didnt fit him at all.

I know pixar/dreamworks film's have comedy in them for adults and thats what makes them so great.I think the only thing that will be appealing to kids though is the bright colors and if they creators didnt make jokes for the kids to understand than they havent accomplished there goal.

All and all I really dont think this was a good film.It's jokes where dull and tastless and I found Will Smiths character to be more annoying that cute and lovable.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 09:00 AM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Perfectly fine. We'll agree to disagree, that's the beauty of opinion.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 09:02 AM
BackFire

Psh, what fun is that, though? It's late and I'm bored, I need something to read. You two guys arguing about a movie with gangster fish has been keeping me quite entertained, don't stop now.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 09:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just dont rent/buy this movie people.

Thats all folks!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 09:04 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Psh, what fun is that, though? It's late and I'm bored, I need something to read. You two guys arguing about a movie with gangster fish has been keeping me quite entertained, don't stop now.

Yeah, well, there's only so much I'm willing to debate about an animated fish movie. I've got bigger fish to fry, no pun intended.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 09:05 AM
BackFire

Ah, the king of puns strikes again!

Don't lie, that was totally intended. big grin

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 09:05 AM