KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » You like religion here...so....

You like religion here...so....
Started by: Papaumau

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

pfft, don't ask me...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:09 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

maybe the constitution needs modernizing

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:13 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

and this relate to religion how??????????

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:14 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

we're idd getting off topic thx finti

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:14 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

Re: You like religion here...so....

quote:
Originally posted by Papaumau
Do any of you believe that the state should allow the religious powers to dictate that single-denomination faith-schools should be provided so that each individual religion get's taught alongside the other three Rs.

OR... like in America... should the state and religion stay completely separate...especially in our primary school system ?

well, i kinda like how here the state and relegion are completely seperate...i dont know why...but ive always had to go to a catholic school, and so we've never really had to worry about drugs and stuff at our schoo, we dont have metal detecters in our door ways, its really safe.

but since the state and the school are completey seperate, all of the school funds come completely from the student tuition, and tuition was really really high at my old school. the state didnt give us anymoney like they gave the public schools, so we didnt have a school bus service or slot of the nice things public schools have.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:15 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by finti
and this relate to religion how??????????

Discussing the seperation of church and state led to discussing the constitution...and seperation of church and state is in the constitution...so we weren't too far off topic stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:17 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

yeah cause the militia fits right in there stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:23 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Fire said he disagreed with the amendment and I just clarified the meaning of it stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:23 PM
finti

å va de dæ Jesus vi lemlesta no igjen,

huh are we back on track on religion again or?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:34 PM
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

towel i nominate you for worst member in recent kmc memory

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 04:06 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

OK just to clarify on a quick tangent, then back on religion.
Fire> the second amendment was based on the revolutionary war. The Amendment in full basicly says that you can have arms and the right to overthrow a corrupt government. It is basicly preventing what happened before our revolutionary war, and ensuring that, if needed the people can rebel. It prbably should be modifyed but we have sooo many Gud toting, "Out of my cold dead hands" NRA (national Rifle association) people that you can't touch it. They would literaly be up in arms.

I've been going to public schools all my life, and I love it. I love separation of church and state. There is nothign I hate more than people who shove their beliefs on me. We've had Christmas little celebrations and such, but we did the same for various jewish holidays and such. I usually choose not to say the pledge and such too.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 04:58 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

what kind of ancient relic is that, you don't need a law making sure the ppl can rebel.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 05:25 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

yea, But ya can't touch it.
death to any politician who dares.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 05:27 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

yea probably, sad thing tho, we reformed our constitution 9 years ago

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 05:28 PM
Papaumau
Man of the world

Children's minds are empty-boxes waiting to get filled with all of our adult hangups and one of the worst hangups is the habit of passing on a particular religion just because of the accident of your birth.

If a child is born to a family in the West he or she will have a very high chance of being born into Christianity and if that same child was born to a similar family in Iran or Saudi-Arabia or even The Philippines they would probably be born into Islam.

The opponents to state-funded mono-religion schools see this example extended to mean that even although the child is bound to be brought up in the religion of that family, the state should not collude with that family to indoctrinate the child into any one particular religion to the detriment of all the others BEFORE they can make up their own adult minds about what religion - OR NONE - that they choose to follow.

By forcing any one religion down the throats of innocent children the state is denying that child his or her choices where this matter is concerned.

If it is done in Churches and Temples and Synagogues then the indoctrination of these innocent children is the responsibility of the parents and no-one else.

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Last edited by Papaumau on Aug 25th, 2004 at 05:40 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 05:32 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Couldn't have said it better!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 05:36 PM
Fire

there are very few countries I think where parents can't choose for atheist schools

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 05:40 PM
Papaumau
Man of the world

Not in Britain...Fire....

In Britain we don't have any secular - never mind atheist - schools.

Secularism is the answer here as then the base is not from any religion but if the need or the desire is there then religion can be introduced by choice later on.

For a bit more information on Secularism go here and have a look:

http://www.secularism.org.uk/

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 05:47 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Religion has no place being funded by the state....at least not in a country where the seperation of church and state are in the laws. That kind of thing is why we "hate" the middle east and the theocracies that rule there.

And more importantly, don't be fooled into believing that there is a seperation of church and state in this country. This country was founded by religious fanatics that were run out of their own country because they believed the persecution IS the right of every god-fearing, protestant homophobe racist. It's like they were too radical and severe, so they were forced out by their countrymen that wanted nothing more to do with them. It's like listening to a hellfire and brimstone baptist telling you you're going to hell, eventuall you get tired of hearing it. So much of the history of this country has been written by the bible thumping, hymn singing, sunday school teachers that it makes me sick. Propaganda is the basic principle of this country.

How many of us learned that Thanksgiving celebrates the realization that the pilgrims and the native americans decided to live together in harmony? ALL OF US. The truth is that there were no happy indians smiling and sharing with the pilgrims(mostly because they were too busy dying from European diseases) in their time of need. Thanksgiving didn't even exist as a holiday until the time of Lincoln.

Like Hitler said: "The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it." And we are fools for not questioning what our government tells us...in fact, we're fools for not seeking the whole truth from anybody, be it god, our fellow man or martians that land in our back yard.

And don't misunderstand me: I respect your right to think I'm going to hell, or that another human being is inferior to you. But the moment you take action on those beliefs, you're the guilty party. And that makes you wrong. Damn me in silence, because I have no desire to hear it.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Last edited by Devil King on Aug 25th, 2004 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 05:48 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

I thk, that becuz so many peeps have taken God out of school, thats why there is more shootings, drugs, fights, ect...going on in the schools today. T-shirt my kids have: DON'T CARE WHAT YA SAY GOING TO PRAY ANYWAYS so many say, you can say this or that in school cuz it offends if you mention God, blahhh blahhh to them, what they are saying is offensive to us christians, so, whats the diff there?

Christianity needs to be in the shcools.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 05:49 PM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote