KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » goku vs superman

goku vs superman
Started by: bardock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

you guys argue, well these guys blow up planets. you dont think Superman has the abilities to destroy planets at will? I usually do not take sides of Superman,but in this case i have to argue that he would rein victorious. If these two were fighting, both would take into consideration of the planet they are fighting on, both sides would hold back abilities in consideration of destroying the planet.

Now if you want to write this off and just say screw there characters, lets just see an all out grudge match of power. you know how strong superman is? Well he would be even stronger if he let all his restraints go. Superman's peak strength capability is unknown. the current Superman rarely ever gets fatigued. Goku seems to tire out after embracing his top energy levels after a while. Superman is always as strong as he is, he is always as fast as he is, he doesnt get less stronger only more.

Goku has to sustain certain energy reserves to be capable of achieving his super saiyan levels. granted he can basically stay super saiyan with no attempt, however that would not be enough to challenge superman. Goku also loses power and speed capabilities the more he is beaten and the more fatigued he gets. Yes it takes alot for him to get this drained,but it happens. I am more than certain superman would be fast enough to keep Goku's energy blasts at bay. If not it wouldnt effect him that much. It would take a long consistant pounding of his top energy blasts. Goku doesnt have the abilityto keep pumping out the strongest of his artilary without tiring and having to bust down a saiyan level. It takes Goku great concentration and a large amount of his energy to pull off a kahmeha what ever the hell it is.

when you knock superman down, he is going to come back as strong as he was when you knocked him down, if not stronger. you knock down Goku enough, and force him to use his energy he will eventually be nothing more than a super saiyan or just a saiyan.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 07:13 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

goku is way faster than the speed of light.superman is only 99% the speed of light

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 03:37 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

okay?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 04:18 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

sorry for bumping this thread, but couldn't goku go golden oozaru or sumthin, and just pound on superman?

p.s when hes oozaru, his strength and speed greatly increase and he doesn't get fatigue.

Last edited by Maestro on Sep 11th, 2004 at 10:46 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 10:44 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

you do realize that while in super saiyen levels 3 and 4, the more damage the person TAKES the stronger, faster, and quicker he becomes, right? Also... Goku was much faster than superman would ever be BEFORE he went Super Saiyen 2.... and now he's 4.... plus he was much stronger than supes before he even went 1... there just IS NO CONTEST here.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 03:31 AM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

all goku has to do is instan-transmit them both into the sun, and they'll both die, and goku will get wished back

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 05:26 PM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I don't think that Superman would die in Sun. After all that is what gives him his powers...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 05:33 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

goku is faster at base level so he doesnt need all that energy to fight supes.when goku powered up the heavens shook so if he did supes would have somthing on his hands.but superman is stronger no doubt but what good does strength do if you cant hit him

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 05:57 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

that would be wierd to see them battle though, they have a pretty similar stryline. goku gets sent in a pod to take over the earth, then sell it superman gets sent in a pod to take over the earth, so on and so forth

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 07:07 PM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

umm supes wasnt sent to take over earth...

IM AWESOME

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 07:29 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz

how is superman stronger? Really? I have NEVER seen him do anything that makes him powerful enough to blow up a planet SIMPLY by raising two fingers.... and that was goku back before he went super saiyen..... I mean really....

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 07:46 PM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

Oh yeah him and goku were sent to destroy the earths

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 07:52 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

The thing that got on my nerves about dbz is they had no frame of reference AS WELL as being overly ridiculous. In the begining they moved faster than light, in the end they moved faster than light. Regardless, I will stick with Superman because I find him less absurd.

quote:
Originally posted by spyrokinesi35
all goku has to do is instan-transmit them both into the sun, and they'll both die, and goku will get wished back

Yeah, Superman would just become even more insanely powerful.

quote:
Originally posted by Kontraz
how is superman stronger? Really? I have NEVER seen him do anything that makes him powerful enough to blow up a planet SIMPLY by raising two fingers.... and that was goku back before he went super saiyen..... I mean really....

They don't have the cheezy everybody-uses-fireballs type system. He could probably fly though the Earth, like previously mentioned, at the speed of light or something.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 07:58 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by Kontraz
how is superman stronger?

Physically. While SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta were struggling to keep a building in the air, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern were moving the moon.

(I do so hate repeating other member's points)

Last edited by Gregory on Sep 12th, 2004 at 08:08 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 08:00 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

quote:
Originally posted by spyrokinesi35
Oh yeah him and goku were sent to destroy the earths

superman wasnt sent to destroy anything, his planet blew up so his parents sent him here

IM AWESOME

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 08:11 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
Physically. While SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta were struggling to keep a building in the air, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern were moving the moon.

(I do so hate repeating other member's points)

well,thats also GT... GT was rediculous in that nothing was "realistic" anymore. Keep in mind piccollo was able to blow up the moon before the vegeta and napa arrived at the beginning of Z. That, and Goku was able to seperate an entire mountain in 2 while standing still....

or you can just say that goku was stronger than majin buu, and buu could lift buildings with ease

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 10:20 PM
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

well, on smallville jor-el said something like that, but I know for sure that both of the planets were about to be destroyed and kakarot and kall-el's paren't both shot them to earth in pods, hoping that they would land safley and liv haappily. also goku is only stronger than the previos buu's, he's not stronger, nor could he defeat "kid" buu, it everybit of earth's energy, plus some to make a genkai dama (spirit bomb), and even afterthat that he was reincarneted into ubb, then later fused with buu and became majuub. he's also right the characters (with the exeption of goku, vegeta, goten and trunk) were stronger in dbz then they are in dbgt. beside being able to destroy planets and moons is waaaaaaaaaay better than being able to move it (they didn't get as good ratings so they cancelled the season at 1 62 episodes wheras dbz got hundreds of good ratings). dangit whats with me and the essays?

Last edited by Whittdawg92 on Sep 12th, 2004 at 11:42 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 11:33 PM
Kontraz

ACTUALLY goku could have killed kid buu as super saiyen 3. He toyed with him so that vegeta would get a chance to fight him (or so he claims... but in the DBZ universe characters typically have to tell how the outcome COULD have been...) But after letting Vegeta fight him, he had wasted too much power and couldnt power back up to needed levels.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 12:52 AM
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

oh yeah I remember also they had a saiyan pride episode where grand kai offered the fusion earrings, but they said the'yd rather die than have and unfair match

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 12:54 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Pre-crisis superman sneezed and destroyed a galaxy (not kidding)

Forever Young...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 03:58 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote