KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch

Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch
Started by: DarkC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (87): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

"Okay, well, what'd you get, Hermione?" Ron said. She gladly handed it over. One look was all that was needed.

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results
Hermione Emma Granger
Defense Against the Dark Arts(Practical): Outstanding
Defense Against the Dark Arts(Written): Outstanding
Charms(Practical): Outstanding
Charms(Written): Outstanding
Transfiguration(Practical): Outstanding
Transfiguration(Written): Outstanding
Potions(Practical): Outstanding
Potions(Written): Outstanding
History of Magic: Outstanding
Herbology: Outstanding
Care of Magical Creatures: Outstanding
Ancient Runes: Outstanding
Astronomy(Written) Outstanding
Astronomy(Practical) Outstanding
Arithmancy: Outstanding

Ron just shook his head in disbelief, while Harry said,"Hermione, you can be a bit scary sometimes, y'know?"
"Just don't show yours to mum, or she's going to be comparing me to you, and all that rubbish."Ron sighed.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 09:06 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

"Right." She snatched back her paper, turned on her heel, and strode out of the room.
"Where're you going?" Harry asked. She turned around, and frowned at them as though the answer was obvious. " To get some sleep, of course. It's only dawn, after all."
Harry and Ron looked at each other, and Ron shook his head. Harry just rolled his eyes, sank back on to his pillows, and fell asleep instantly.
Harry woke up some time later. Ron was gone, and his bed was made. He shook the cobwebs out of his head, pulled on his clothes, and went downstairs. Ron, Hermione, and Charlie Weasley was there eating breakfast. Charlie waved a quick hello, which Harry returned.
"What's in the news today?" He asked Hermione, who was reading the Daily Prophet.
She frowned, concerned. "Apparently, many dark creatures have attacked the wizarding population."
"What?"
"Looks like we're too late to convince any." Harry signed. If the Death Eaters had succeeded in turning the creatures to their will, it meant that there was that many more to fight.
"We still have Grawp, though." Ron said.
"Who's Grawp?" Charlie asked, through a mouthful of bacon.
Ron and Hermione immediately looked towards Harry, who nodded his okay to tell. He vaguely wondered why they were consulting him.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 10:06 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

good. keep going.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 02:28 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

"Well, you remember when Hagrid went to get the giants?" Ron asked.
Charlie nodded.
"Everyone in the Order knew. It was supposed to be top-secret to anyone outside the Order, though. Dumbledore already knew that You-Know-Who was going to try and recruit the giants, so he sent Hagrid out as soon as he could. Heard he failed, though."
"Well, he did get mauled, and horribly, I might add...but he did bring his little brother-in-law back." Hermione said.
Charlie coughed nervously."Well, where's Hagrid keeping him? I mean, If Grawp really is pure giant, he's over fifteen feet tall..."
"In the Hogwarts Forest,"Harry interrupted."and yes, he's sixteen feet tall, last time we saw him, and in giant terms, he's a runt. Hagrid was thinking about getting him a mate."
All of them shook their heads violently, at the thought.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 10:06 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Mrs. Weasley stuck her head in the dining room. "Hurry up with breakfeast, we're going to Diagon Alley soon, and we might get to visit Fred and George if we have time."
They hurriedly finished eating, and chatted for a bit, before lining up at the fireplace in the den.
Harry, unsuprisingly, was first. He took a pinch of the sparkling Floo powder, and threw it down in the ashes. Emerald flames sprang up. Harry looked around nervously, coughed from the ashes, and told the flames, "Diagon Alley!"
The fire roared, and resumed its merry crackling. Harry stepped in, and at once was spinning around in the bowels of the Floo Network. At first he thought he had pronounced his destination wrong, and was headed for Knockturn Alley, or somewhere remotely distant. However, he shot out of the other end, and tumbled for some time on what felt like carpet.
Harry flung out an arm to halt his rolling, stood up, and shook the sudden dizziness for his mind. He brushed himself off, repaired a nasty scratch on his glasses, and put them on. He saw that indeed, it was a carpet, and a velvet one at that. He was at the corner of a very large alleyway, and at the end, he could make out the various witches, and wizard meddling around, shopping and talking noisily.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 09:23 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

There was a whoosh behind him, and Ron appeared, sprawling. He stood up, coughing, and beat the ashes out of his robes.
"I really hate travelling by Floo." He sighed.
"Chin up, mate...I'm used to it by now."
"Yeah, just because you stuck your head in a couple times last year," Ron smiled. "Me, I've never had to do that. I don't know what it feels like, even."
Hermione appeared some time, although she looked rather green, and insisted on lying down for some time, while Ron tapped his foot impatiently. After a while, she stood up.
"Shall we wait for the others?"
Ron scatched his head, and frowned. "No, I want to go and visit Fred and George's shop. I've only been there once."
They set off at a brisk pace. Diagon Alley was particularly crowded that day, and Harry nearly knocked a young boy unconscious. Ron tripped over someone's cat, and Hermione's toes were stepped on repeatedly. After a while, Ron frowned.
"Where's Hermione?"
Harry looked around. "I don't know...I think we lost her a while back."
Ron suddenly looked thoughtful."What's down that end of the Alley?"
"Well, Ollivander's Wand-Making, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Flourish and Blotts,...that's all I can remember."
"But she doesn't need a new wand, she hates quidditch, and we haven't gone to Gringotts yet."
Harry shrugged."Well, those're only three stores I can remember. Anyways, there's plenty of reasons why she wants to go wandering off."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 10:21 PM
The Smart Lady

I have a question, if your story is called the green flame torch then who or what is it and when are you going to introduce it? Would you also like to tell us in brief what will happen further on the story? thank you.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 06:18 AM
The Smart Lady is currently offline Click here to Send The Smart Lady a Private Message Find more posts by The Smart Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Near the end.
And I'm sorry, but I'm really secretive about the plot in this one. Not so much for others.
All I can give you is that there was another prophecy made about the vanquish of Voldyface, that Harry doesn't find out, until near the end.
And he gets a suit of armor that belonged to a long dead wizarding champion. The green flamed torch is well, what it is. A green flamed torch. Details later.
I hope that's satisfied your curiosity a little.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 02:20 PM
The Smart Lady

ok, i've got more quwestions, if you want you dont have to answer them, but i am really curious and just cant keep my mouth shut. ok, here they are:
1. who is going to be the quidditch captain?
2.what will happen to fudge?
3.how long is this story?
and most important of all will sirius be back?
thank you!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 05:36 AM
The Smart Lady is currently offline Click here to Send The Smart Lady a Private Message Find more posts by The Smart Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

1. Gee, I wonder.
2. He accepts that Voldemort's back, do everything he can to protect himself, Dumbledore, and the general wizarding world. He realizes that Dumbledore is going to be invaluable in the days ahead.
3.Can't say.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 06:15 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

---CHAPTER FIVE(I think!)---

Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes was set at the far end of Diagon Alley, number ninety-three. However, it stood out from all the other motley shops there, with its brilliant colouring, and the logo, "Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes" changed colour every few seconds, swelled, and shrank back to its normal size.
Harry went first, and as he touched the knob, a bucket of water overturned on his head.
"Very funny, Ron." He snorted, shaking out his sopping head. Ron laughed.
"That's a new one. Last week, the water came out and hit you, so that it looked like you wet yourself. But mum found out and shrieked at them until they changed it."
The inside was suprisingly crowded, and the twins were happily exchanging products for money. They waved at Harry and Ron as they walked past.
There was an amazing array of joke products on the shelves. It was almost close enough to rival Zonko's. He spotted the famous Canary Creams, Mice Meringue, and Blasting Bonbons, on the "Trick Sweets" section. There were also trick wands, Fanged Books, Biting Moneybags, and Tickling Sweaters.
After a while, the twins hung up a sign, stating that they were "busy". Against the unhappy protests of the crowd, they chose a small table, and beckoned Harry and Ron to sit down.
"So, what do you think of our 'brilliant' products?" George asked, grinning.
"Brilliant."
"Really strange, but brilliant."
They laughed, then became a tad serious. "Have you heard what's going on now, in the You-Know-Who part of things?"
Harry and Ron looked at each other. "Well....we know that hes convinced the giants, and other dark creatures to join his side."
The twins nodded. George said, "Remember how we were guarding the prophecy against You-Know-Who last time? Well, the tables have turned."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 10:58 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

"He's guarding something from us?" Harry asked, just as Hermione came in, sat down.
George nodded. "Just a shrewd idea that Dumbledore had, at the first meeting."
"So you two are allowed in the meetings, then?" Hermione said, unneccessarily.
"Of course,"Fred said."You lot are too, haven't you heard?"
Harry and Hermione shook their heads, but Ron nodded.
"Why has Dumbledore decided to let us in?"Harry asked.
"Because Fred and I are in."Fred replied."We're of age, and all. He figured that we would tell you lot everything in the meetings anyways, so he didn't really bother to disallow you out, this time."
George glanced at the fancy grandfather clock. "Well, we'd better get on then...business is calling!"
And with that, the Weasley twins left.
"Where were you?"Ron asked Hermione.
"Flourish and Blotts."
"Why aren't you carrying any books, then?"
"I said I was in the store, Ron. I didn't buy anything, I just looked around."
Harry had the fleeting feeling that she was lying.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 11:24 PM
FoamyFan
Restricted

Account Restricted

really good guys..but you souldl make one with adult content in it (if you know what i mean) shifty shifty yes

Crawling in my skin
These wounds, they will not heal
Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 03:45 AM
FoamyFan is currently offline Click here to Send FoamyFan a Private Message Find more posts by FoamyFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Nah, I couldn't do that in a HP book. Sorry to dissappoint you.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:19 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

They arrived back near Gringotts Wizarding Bank, and sure enough, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were waiting for then. She gently chided them for running off without telling them, but waved it off.
They all bought their books at Flourish and Blotts. The store, this year, seemed to be packed with book such as Duelling for Beginners, and Self-Defensive Spellwork. As soon as these were seen, something lit up in Ron, and Hermione's face. They held a hasty whispered conversation. Harry was not too long to notice.
"What are we talking about?"
He had expected them to tell him off for intruding, or to sigh and fall silent, but Ron calmly said, "Tell you later when we're back at home, mate."
Harry normally would have pursued the subject farther, but his curiousity was somewhat waned down, over the past month.
A giant book sat on a large pedestal, obviously for viewing. It was handsomely bound with a gold trim, with a light blue background. The title was engraved in silver:"A Complete Guide of Wizarding Self-Defense."
He nudged Ron and Hermione. "Look," He said. "Wonder how much that costs."
"It's for viewing, obviously."Ron said, gazing at it sadly.
"Not necessarily...they could have spare copies for sale." Hermioen said, and rushed to the counter, leaving Ron and Harry to flip through the pages.
The book was as thick as a large dictionary, and was filled with moving color pictures and diagrams of wand movements, spell counters, and successful spell results. Besides that, there was information and chapters such as Tactics Section Two: Adapting to Your Current Combat Environment, plus many other intriguing features.
Hermione emerged, holding up another copy."See? I told you that they had another copy."
"What's the price?" Harry asked, picking up the sale copy.
"Thirty galleons."
"But, that's too expensive!" Ron protested."I mean, other books, that we can actually carry around in our packs, mind...they are at least reaso-"
"Ron," Harry calmly explained."What would you rather have, your life, or a loss of thirty galleons?"
It was a rhetorical question, and Ron bit his lip, thinking hard.
"But mum will rail at me if I spend a load of gold on one book."
"I'll pay most of it." Harry said, growing impatient. "Besides, this might be useful in this year's DA."
Ron and Hermione both looked at each other, suprised.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 11:09 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

"What?" Harry asked. "You didn't think I was going to stop the DA this year, did you?"
"Of course not." Ron said quickly.
"Well, it depends on the defense teacher we get this year, doesn't it?" Hermione said.
Ron added:"And knowing that the Ministry is with the flow this year, it should be someone good. Maybe even another Auror."
Harry frowned. "Even if we get a proper teacher this year, we're going to need all the time we can spare, to practise."
But then, he added. "But, knowing what happened to you two, not to mention the others who came to the Department of Mysteries...you have all the right not to come."
Everyone who had assisted Harry in the Department last summer had got hurt in one way or another. Hermione got a serious Severing Curse across the ribs, Ron had a overdone Cheering Charm on him, and nearly got strangled by a tentacle brain. Luna had gotten thrown over a desk, Neville had his nose broken and tortured, and Ginny had got a broken ankle.
But Ron spoke for both himself and Hermione:"We're in, Harry."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 08:25 PM
spidergrl
Living

dark1365 - you're doing realli well keep up the good work!!

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 09:14 PM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Thank you.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 03:13 PM
spidergrl
Living

your more then welcome - im looking forward to the rest of the story

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 06:48 PM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

He beamed at them, secretly admiring their sheer stubbornness.
They paid for the large volume, and their other books on the sixth year list. Hermione's robes were starting to become tight around the shoulders, so she dragged them to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions.
"Do you think it'll fit?" She asked them, holding a set of robes against her.
"Who cares?" Said, Ron, clearly bored.
"As long as we get out of here before the next sunset." Harry joked.
Hermione frowned at them, and paid.
They had to jostle their way through the crowd, once again. Harry had to twist aside often. Once, he accidentally knocked someone's nose sharply with the DA textbook, and was rewarded with a high "Ouch!"
Harry apologized, and dropped half his load to see who it was.
It was Neville Longbottom.
"Neville!" Harry and Hermione exclaimed. Ron caught up. "So, how's it going, Neville?"
Neville shrugged. "I was buying school supplies."
"Us too, Neville," Harry said. "We're nearly done...what have you got left to buy?"
"My wand." Neville kicked the dirt gloomily.
"Well, good for you, mate!" Ron laughed, and stopped. "Hey, why are you grumpy, mate? Aren't you happy that you get your own wand?"
Neville grunted, and shook his head. "Because I have to buy it with my own pocket change."
Harry, Ron, and Hermione glanced at each other sheepishly. Wands were expensive.
Before Hermione could reach into her moneybag, Harry dug out a few galleons, and offered it to Neville.
"Buy it with this, Neville."
But Neville shook his head, eyes wide. "But-but...but I can't take that! Gran will have my head!"
"She doesn't have to know, Neville. Take the money." Harry said firmly. It was not an offer, but a request.
Guiltily, Neville took the coins, and slipped them in his pocket.
"Thank you, Harry." He rubbed his tender nose. "So what did you hit me with? Felt like a book, a huge one at that."
Ron grinned. "That it is, Neville. Take a whiff at this load. We're planning to use it for this year's DA."
Neville flipped through the volume, eyes round as galleons.
"You're keeping the DA this year, Harry?"
"Yes." Harry said, uncertainly.
"Then count me in!" He gave the book back to Harry, and his face cracked into a smile.
"Thank you, Neville." Harry said. He was not sure why that had come out of his mouth, but it seemed right, at the time.
Neville patted the coins in his pocket. "Thank you, Harry."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 02:37 AM