KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch

Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch
Started by: DarkC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (87): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Harry looked around. There were so many of them...
Ron knew what he was thinking. "Congratulations, mate...you got yourself a real army."
Hermione called out."Everyone take your shows off and stack them by the far corner, please...and sit down."
The did what she asked.
"Well..." Harry said quietly to the silent crowd. "As you can see, this is where we will be training. If there are any objections, go ahead and raise them now."
Everyone sat on their hands.
"OK..." Then he thought. "Well, I've taught some DA members last year. They will be teaching you, so you will be able to catch up to us, and what we learned last year."
"When will we be learning the Patronus charm?" A small second-year boy asked.
Harry smiled thoughtfully. "Hmm...that will depend on how fast you catch up. We were working on Patronuses when the stupid Inquisitor cow busted us."
There was a ripple of laughter.
He looked to last year's DA members. "Well, here are your teachers...until you catch up, anyway..." He frantically beckoned them to stand up.
As Neville stood up, there was a loud derisive laugh. Neville turned scarlet.
It was one of the fifth-years, from Ravenclaw.
Harry narrowed his eyes at the boy. "You have a problem?"
"Longbottom's going to be teaching? He can't even brew a blasted Strength Drought, for crying out loud!"
Harry's loathing of Snape deepened further.
Everyone had their eyes locked on him, expecting the boy to be banned from the club.
However, Harry restrained his temper, and instead smirked at the boy.
"D'you think you can take Neville head on, then?" He asked.
"I don't think so...I know so!"
Harry's smile deepened further. So did many of the old DA members, as they knew what Neville's skill and determination was like.
He beckoned Neville to come over, whose face was no longer ashamed, but confident.
The boy started to look uneasy.
Harry had them face each other, then he stepped back behind the arrogant fifth-year. "Go ahead and duel."
Neville and the fifth-year raised their wands.
"Stupefy!" The boy cried.
"Protego!"Neville bellowed.
The fifth-year expressed shock as his own spell crashed back into his chest.
Everyone applauded loudly. Neville awakened the fifth-year, who offered a muttered 'Sorry.'
Harry turned to Hermione. "What now?"
She glanced up at the seven upper floors, and took command.
"First-years, go to the first landing, second-years, second landing....and so on."
They silently obeyed her, without question. Harry concealed a grin as he looked at Hermione's suprised face.
"What now?" Ron asked Harry.
Harry had an idea. "Wait...all the DA members from last year stay behind, please..."
But they had all remained sitting down anyways, staring at Harry. He counted, and everyone who had remained from last year had come, even Marietta Edgecomb. Apparently her parents had encouraged it.
"Alright...Neville, you and Dean teach the first-years. Terry, Zacharias, and the Creeveys will see to the second-years. Ginny, Luna, Seamus, Michael, the fourth landing. Dean, Parvati, Lavender, Anthony, the fifth. Ron, Hermione, Cho, Marietta...you'll teach the rest."
"What about you, Harry?" Neville asked.
"I'll walk around, I guess. I hate being the centre of attention."
They laughed, and set off to do their various tasks.
Harry hesitated, and followed them.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Last edited by DarkC on Dec 27th, 2004 at 08:59 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 08:55 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S NOTE- OK, So I made a mistake counting. And spelling. Dean's teaching first years, not fifth. Please remember that. Hermione said "Shoes", not 'show's. One key away. This is the worst edit I've ever had, damn it...I've forgotten a couple of DA members. Padma Patil. Spelt Edgecombe wrong. sad

Thirty minutes later, the DA Training "gymnasium" was a bustle of activity. More than several times, a person's disarmed wand would fly over the edge, and its distraught owner had to run downstairs after it. After the umpteenth time this happened, Harry thought, We really need a better fence.
The next time he turned around, a very fine wire-mesh fence had settled over each and every edge.
He lingered on the first-year landing, watching Neville and Dean show the proper way to disarm. Many of their 'students' were merely causing their opponent to jump back a pace.
The second years were rather more successful, as they had more teachers. As Harry watched, one second-year girl produced such a successful Disarming Spell that her unfortunate opponent nearly got blasted off his feet, and his wand was thrown into the wire fence.
The third and fourth years were not having much difficulty with the basics, so their 'teachers' had decided that they should progress to the Impediment Jinx. Ginny and Luna were teaching some of the better ones stunning. Seamus and Michael Corner had just kept with the Impediment Jinx, and Michael was pointing out some of the better aspects of the spell.
Parvati, Padma, Lavender, and Anthony were teaching Stunning on the fifth floor, and they were liberal in their borrowing from the very large cushion pile.
The rest, a motley mix of sixth and seventh years, had learned so fast, that they were actually being taught the Shield Charm.
"You've got to concentrate on a good, solid shield," Ron was explaining. "Say, if you put a picture of a wooden shield in your mind, it would be weaker than if you imagined a cast-iron shield, and did the spell."
Half the students lined themselves up at one end of the landing. Hermione, Ron, Cho, Marietta, and the rest lined up, and there were cries of "Impedimenta!", and "Stupefy!".
Only a few students had managed to rebound the spell back at their conjurers, and Ron was sprawled unsconcious. Hermione had somehow reacted fast enough to rebound the reflected spells back.
"Harry!" It was Lavender Brown. "Have you checked the time?"
He pulled Ron over, and looked at his watch.
It was seven past eight, which meant that the younger students were either going to stay and get into trouble, or run, and have a chance to stay out of detention.
I need a whistle...or better yet, a bullhorn, Harry thought frantically.
He whipped the Marauder's Map out, and looked around the cavernous room. Sure enough, a purple bullhorn was resting on the pile of cushions.
"THE TIME IS NOW EIGHT-FIFTEEN..." He started. Many people jumped, as the magical bullhorn was incredibly loud.
Harry fiddled with the dial, and spoke again.
"OK...first to third years, it's now past your curfew. You'd better get back to your common rooms as fast as possible..."
The students made a rush for the door.
"Wait, wait!" Harry protested. "Just, er...line up in rows of Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw."
Three lines were hastily formed. He consulted the Map. All the teachers were in their offices. Filch was two floors above them on the far side of the castle, and his cat was having a patrol out on the grounds.
All the Prefects were in the DA except of course Malfoy, and Pansy Parkinson. Those two were in the Slyherin common room.
'OK, it's clear," He told the students. "Go ahead, and run as fast as you can."
They nearly bowled him over.
Ron ran over, and helped him up. His red hair was tousled, and there was a new bruise on his forehead, but he looked as he was having the time of his life, nonetheless.
"This is wicked, Harry!" He said. "I've been knocked out by Stunners at least three times now, but they're learning so fast!"
'Wish I could say the same for the Neville, Dean, and the first years."
"That bad, eh?"
Harry just scratched his head. "They're actually not bad, but we've learned faster than them."
"Give 'em a break, mate. They're first-years! We held the DA only last year."
Harry supposed that he was right. If he had joined a defense group like this when he entered first year, he would have proved much less better that the first-year's current efforts.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:04 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

Its fine, don't have time to read now sorry, got work. But will this afternoon!! Looks good though: keep it up!!

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 07:40 PM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S REPLY- Thank you, spider. Though I highly stress spelling and grammar...now look at me! Moving on. Forgot Susan Bones was in the DA also. Stupid me.

They climbed back up to the fourth floor, where Ginny was demonstrating the Total Body-Bind spell. Harry and Ron moved up another level, where the seventh years had moved down a landing to join the sixth years and their unoffical instructors, Marietta, and Cho.
There were shouts of "Petrificus Totalus!" from the landing below, and what sounded like several potato sacks crashed to the floor.
Ron just shook his head.
Hermione was exasperatedly trying to show a Hufflepuff how to do a Reductor Curse. "You really have to imagine something small. Take Parvati on the floor, for instance...last year she concentrated on dust, and blew apart a table to smithereens."
The girl Hermione was teaching nodded, and pointed her wand at a nearby bookshelf.
"No, wait..." Hermione said.
"Reducto!"
The bookshelf and its contents exploded, and the DA members on that floor were peppered by remnants of wood splinters, shredded parchment, and torn book covers.
The girl turned, beaming, and looked to Hermione for approval.
Hermione, who was brushing scraps of pages out of her hair, shakily said, "Well...I guess that was an improvement."
Harry and Ron feinted mock sympathy, knowing that Hermione disapproved of the destruction of anything educational.
Ron clapped a hand to his forehead, and bawled. "Oh, those poor, helpless books!"
Harry snapped an elaborate military salute towards the general direction of the deceased bookcase. "We shall remember."
The DA howled with laughter.
Hermione was not happy. "Oh, shut up, you two." She snapped. "Has it occured to you two that we won't be able to learn from these anymore?"
"Relax, Hermione." Harry said. "They'll be back next time we open the Room of Requirement."
"Oh, right!" Hermione muttered, and cleaned up the mess with her wand.
The lesson ended on a happy note, many of the students giving Harry a quick thumbs-up or a fleeting smile, before returning to their common rooms. Neville and the rest of the DA instructors strode up.
"That was brilliant, Harry!"
"Ah, I've always wanted to be a teacher."
"Did you see me teaching the Shield Charm?"
"When is the next meeting going to be?"
Harry shrugged. "Hermione says she'll be posting the times up, in the great hall." And in a private whisper, he added to Hermione, "Not Mondays or Thursdays."
"Why not?"
"Dumbledore's teaching me Occlumency."
"Well, that's good!" She said approvingly. "At least Snape won't be on your case so much, and you'll try a bit harder!"
"Yeah, I expect that's true, obviously."
And they, and the rest of the Gryffindors made their way to the Fat Lady's Portrait.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 09:40 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S POLL- The end of another chapter. What do you guys think of the new DA classroom?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 09:41 PM
spidergrl
Living

I finished reading it, I like yours so much because you come up with brillant ideas and everything. Some of the things your write about, I really want to be in mine!! I love the room of requirements...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 11:22 PM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Thank you very much! smile

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 12:39 AM
spidergrl
Living

No prob. Do you think I could use a few ideas from yours but change them around??

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 03:48 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S REPLY-It depends on which ones you want to alter. Definitely not the courtyard Dream he had...that's one of my 'Sacred' ideas. Sorry.

CHAPTER NINE-----

The next two days passed without great incident, unless you counted Neville accidentally putting a Furnunculus Curse on Seamus in Defence Against the Dark Arts, who spent the day in the hospital wing getting his shoulder restored to normal.
Every Defence teacher that Harry had over the years had their unique style of teaching, but the teachers only unfortunately lasted for one year at the most.
Quirrell was a nervous, jumpy type, until he was revealed as the host for Lord Voldemort. Lockhart had an extremely inflated ego, but his skills had proven to be false. Lupin was their first skilled teacher, and had versed his students in the encountering of Dark creatures. Moody, alias Barty Crouch Junior, taught them about curses, and counter-curses. Ironically, Harry thought that Barty Crouch had been their most skilled teacher.
Tonks emphasized the fact that in duelling, one must had to handicap their opponent, and encouraged the use of practical charms to do it, such as the Silencing Charm. She assigned an essay on the many possible ways to stop an opponent from articulating a spell.
That evening, Harry trudged off to Dumbledore's office, leaving a sizable stack of homework on his four-poster bed.
He entered the old-fashioned, circular room. The headmaster was waiting for him there, stroking Fawkes, his phoenix. Fawkes managed to survive a killing curse from Lord Voldemort, amazingly after swallowing the jet of emerald light.
At the sight of Harry, he gave the golden-scarlet bird a gentle tap on his wing, and Fawkes spread his wings, and soared to his high perch.
The portraits of old headmasters stared at him, some with a hint of hostility. "Back again?" A feeble woman asked.
Harry had single handedly destroyed half this office last year, in a towering rage. With some guilt, he sat down at a armchair facing Dumbledore's desk.
"He will be learning Occumency here, Garishia. Under my will, of course."
"I see."
Dumbledore turned his attention on Harry, but staring at the carpet.
"Now....before we begin, Harry, there are is a thing I must warn you about. I cannot make eye contact or touch you, it would be too dangerous for you. Even though Voldemort failed to remotely possess you, I fear that taking chances will not be very wise. Do you understand?"
Harry nodded.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 08:12 PM
spidergrl
Living

no i was meaning may be the dance?? confused

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 10:40 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Course you can. But what would the occasion for the dance be?(like Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc.)

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 10:45 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Dumbledore nodded at the elaborately carved desk. "Good, I am glad you do. Now, I must give you a tip. When you try and empty your mind, you must think of a question that has no rational answer."
Harry frowned. "I don't understand."
"I mean, such a question as...let's see...if a tree falls in the woods and no one is present to hear it, does it make a sound?"
This was such an odd question at the time that Harry stared, utterly preplexed.
Dumbledore chuckled at his expression. "Good, that was precisely the reaction I was hoping for."
"Well...I don't get how it can help me empty the mind."
"That sort of question can enter the mind, and because you are concentrating on that so much, other thoughts must give way to it. And also, you have little emotion when trying to solve something that cannot be solved."
Dumbledore took out his wand. "Now, you may attempt to stop me, however way you wish."
Harry reached for his own wand, drawing it out as Dumbledore muttered, "Legilimens!"
At once, memories filled his head. He was seven, and Dudley had pushed him into an icy well...Dudley was beating him up at the age of eight...letters were flying like missles from the fireplace, and Uncle Vernon was trying to tackle him...he was watching Sirius fall through the veil...
"ARRGH!"
At once, the flood of memories stopped.
"Are you all right, Harry?"
All Harry could see was black, then a bizarre kilaidoscope of brown. He realized that the brown was the wooden floor underneath his nose.
Harry picked himself up. "Yeah, I...you saw the veil, didn't you, Professor?"
"I did." Dumbledore said, heavily.
Harry had been curious about something for a long time.
"Professor, that veil...where does it lead to?"

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 12:44 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S NOTE-I'll reveal details about the Veil and how talking portraits are made tomorrow. Hopefully.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 12:46 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Dumbledore sighed. "I was wondering when you would ask me that, Harry."
He paced, and sat at his desk, peering over his half-moon spectacles at Harry, who sat waiting.
"The room which you were in that contained the Veil of Eternity is commonly known as the Death Room, Harry." He began.
"Death room?" Harry swallowed. The terms "Death Room" and the "Veil of Eternity" did not sound very appealing.
"Yes...this room is strictly forbidden to general use. It is the worst possible experience that one of the wizarding world may suffer. Few have entered the veil." He paused, as if the words were costing him a great deal of strength to say.
"Now, the Veil of Eternity is dubbed such, because within contains the essence of all elements. Water, Earth, Fire, Wind swirl constantly, unstable, in an infinitely large bubble of a force of vast proportions. Time does not exist in that place. Therefore, it was dubbed the Veil of Eternity. None who cross its threshold ever return. They swirl around in this terrible force, forevermore."
Harry looked downwards. Sirius had fallen through. Which meant that he would never come back...he would be tossed around in the hurricane of elements. Forever. Never to return, even as a ghost.
A dozen or so questions sprang up in Harry's mind. "How was the Veil of Eternity created in the first place?" He asked disappointedly. "Who would be insane enough to do such a thing?"
"A century or so ago, there was a particularly corrupt warlock who was experimenting with terrible Dark magic. In his studies, he somehow found a dimension that was different from all others. The portal to chaos was opened. This warlock was eager to see what would come out, but nothing did."
"What happened?"
"His curiosity killed him, some might say. No, he was not killed...but trapped in a realm where time is nonexistent, where one may be young and ancient somehow at the same time. The portal remained open, attempting to attract unwary wizards and witches to its bizarre dimension."
Something didn't make sense. "How did you know all this, professor? If nothing can come out of that place..."
"Ah, but five decades later, there was one curious, young wizard who somehow managed to pull free of the portal's pull at the very last second. His friends saved him. But this particular wizard managed to catch a glimpse and incredible power of the dimension within, and was able to make a suprisingly accurate testimony in front of the Wizengamot high court."
"Who was it?" Harry had a feeling. If this was around five decades earlier...
"Tom Marvolo Riddle." Dumbledore said calmly. "Currently known as Lord Voldemort."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 02:30 AM
spidergrl
Living

I was thinking about having the dance for a welcome back to hogwarts dance. Or something like that...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 05:30 AM
spidergrl
Living

IM LOVING IT !!!

Keep going !!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 05:32 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Thank you, spider. Go ahead with the dance.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 03:45 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

"Voldemort survived?" Harry asked, stunned.
"He did. But he became very entangled in the Dark arts after that, and so he became what he is today."
Harry remembered something that Lord Voldemort had told his Death Eaters two years previously.
"He said that one of his ultimate goals was to conquer death. Was this the reason why?"
"As a matter of fact, it was...Tom Riddle, having escaped the portal, was very much intrigued with the idea of living forever. Thus, after he left school, he began his Dark studies."
Armando Dippet's portrait piped up. "He was a very bright student in my time...never occured to me what he might become."
Dumbledore nodded. "Yes...impressions can be decieving, indeed..."
He rested his fingertips together, and appeared to be thinking hard or remembering something.
Harry looked up at the potraits of headmasters and mistresses gone by.
"Er...Professor, I was wondering how talking portraits are made."
"Hmm? oh, I imagine that you are eager to speak to Sirius again in any way possible..." He rose up, and paced slowly around the portraits.
"Portraits can always be created moving. However, for one to have a spirit reminescent of which they had in life and to talk so, the person in question who is being painted - they must offer a portion of their soul. They - (he gestured toward the portraits) - willingly gave theirs...and in doing so, they sealed any other portraits that they may have. They become individuals in this unique realm."
Harry looked down, desparingly.
"So I can never talk to Sirius again?"
Dumbledore also looked forlorn. "I'm afraid not."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 04:04 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

In the common room, Ron was finishing Transfiguration homework, and Hermione was dozing on an armchair.
Harry woke her up, and proceeded to tell the two what he had found out.
"Wild place." Ron said, trying to imagine.
"It sounds like a fifth or sixth dimension, for all we know, it could have more than that."
Ron snorted, and yawned. "I'm going to bed."
Hermione bid them good night and also disappeared up the girl's stairway.
"So you can never talk to Sirius again?" Ron asked carefully.
Harry didn't answer.

Saturday morning, Harry opened his eyes, and found himself squinting through a dazzling wall of sunlight. It was still early, very early. Harry was about to find out what had woken him up so early when -
"Harry! Ron! I got it! I got it!"
Ron grunted sleepily. Harry peeked outside his curtain.
Hermione was standing there, holding a magnificent broom.
"What brand?" Harry muttered, fighting the dizziness.
"Comet Three-Twenty. Hardwood, anti-jinx varnish..."
"Why couldn't you tell us at breakfast?" Ron growled, falling out of bed. He glanced at Hermione's semi-translucent nightgown. "And get some blasted clothes on, before we all go blind."
She made an angry sound that would have put a tiger to shame.
"Keep your hair on." Harry said, rubbing his eyes.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 04:19 PM
spidergrl
Living

I like it, keep going. If I was with Hermionie like Harry was I would of bough her the bestest broom stick!!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 10:30 PM