KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Will Clark Kent Die of old age

Will Clark Kent Die of old age
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

why?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:04 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

That was sarcasm... I have been trying to make that point evident to him for some time now, but he was being stubborn.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:13 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

oh, hes always like that, dont worry bout him

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

laughing

he isnt that bad

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:16 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i suppose u right

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:18 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Of course I am. big grin

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 03:38 PM
Shadow_King
-

well when clark dies who will take over his place???

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 07:53 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Superboy... Supergirl... Wonderwoman

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 08:05 PM
NateDawgNT

there was a comic once when star labs explained to superman why he doesnt grow older... its because he did all his growing in his youth, (physically) and that kryptonians must age that way in yellow sun(they were hypothesizing). They also told him that he would most likely outlive the planet earth

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 11:01 AM
NateDawgNT is currently offline Click here to Send NateDawgNT a Private Message Find more posts by NateDawgNT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Wow... really?

I was always under the impression he ages, just not as fast as the others.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 05:53 PM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by NateDawgNT
there was a comic once when star labs explained to superman why he doesnt grow older... its because he did all his growing in his youth, (physically) and that kryptonians must age that way in yellow sun(they were hypothesizing). They also told him that he would most likely outlive the planet earth

Well than I guess he can always date Lois Lane's great, great, great, great, grandaughter.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 01:40 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Keep it all in the family. yes rock

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 01:50 PM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Samurai Guy
Keep it all in the family. yes rock

laughing out loud

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 10:42 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NateDawgNT

well he has to have aged from childhood to adulthood along with the rest, thus being the same age as lana and pete and whatnot. But even on the Lois and Clark series, STAR labs told Lois that'd shed grow old and she wouldnt even see a change in him.. cuz she kept seein herself as 80 in the mirror

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 10:05 AM
NateDawgNT is currently offline Click here to Send NateDawgNT a Private Message Find more posts by NateDawgNT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

quote:
Originally posted by BloomBabyGirl
thank yuo for that. i always wondered why if krypton was so strong they didnt just invade

Why on Earth did you suppose that Kryptonite weakens them...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 06:39 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NateDawgNT

huh? kryptonite? before krypton exploded there was no kryptonite

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 11:01 PM
DrWookie

Just curious...when the boy see's clark's death (or doesn't see it) what exactly does he say?

Does he say that his death is unclear, or that there isn't a death...because perhaps the reason he doesn't see his fate is because his fate isn't decided...because he hasn't chosen his path (perhaps part of that is his alternate self we see this season, Kal-El).

Perhaps he will die but at that point he had a choice for how his life gets carried out (choosing to be Kal-El or Clark, or perhaps jsut choosing to "save the world" or just be a normal person).

I mean, obviously he could have seen "You die when you get exposed to some rock for to long when you are older" because there is always the possiblity in the future when he is fighting evil people that one of them will kill him with the help of krptonite, so he could have seen that fate.

remember, clark isn't indestructable...you can kill him if you use krptonite....so it would kinda ruin any thrill of future movies or stories of superman...because it would prove that no matter who he fights, they won't defeat him....kinda boring now smile

Anyway, i rambled a bit, hopefully someone will be able to answer my original question...about his dual fates.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 01:21 AM
DrWookie is currently offline Click here to Send DrWookie a Private Message Find more posts by DrWookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

That pretty much is the basis of this thread; will Clark die.. which in a way encompasses you question into it.

In my opinion, the fate of Clark CANNOT be seen, as the power of the child extends only to certain grounds. Due to the fact that Clark is not human, being able to see his demise is impossible.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 05:47 PM
DrWookie

The other thing, which helps us not take that boy into serious consideration, is that the extent of his power cannot be specifically explained.

From that episode you can assume he can see the fates of HUMANs...because he say deaths and then they occured, but that only happened with humans...since clark was the first alien he touched, and he didn't see his death then it could be a power that can somehow read human fates but not the fates of others.

That or clark's connection with kryptonite and how kryptonite gave the boy his powers might be conflicting with what the boy sees.

The TV series i don't think was brave enough to take such a step as to say "Clark will not die"...i think the assumption from that episode was that we do not know what will happen...if you were supposed to get the ide athat he won't die, it would ruin any suspence in any future movies.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 07:32 PM
DrWookie is currently offline Click here to Send DrWookie a Private Message Find more posts by DrWookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Or atleast will not die of old age. We all know that Superman died.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 08:34 PM