KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » planet of the apes original

planet of the apes original
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

There were four more made in the 70's, and then the Burton remake. Each were as awful as the last.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 12:41 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I'm 26, for starters. Apparently you're just green to Sci Fi, which is O.K.

I saw that one commin from a mile away laughing

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 01:27 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

The original is a classic, and thanks god for Sc1-Fi, they are running a marathon of POTA movies right now smile

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 03:15 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i think im gonna buy the boxset for £49
do u think that is too dear

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 01:26 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bornwild2152

Yeah that ending was awesome. Much better than the new one. But the new one had more action in it.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 11:48 PM
Bornwild2152 is currently offline Click here to Send Bornwild2152 a Private Message Find more posts by Bornwild2152 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Action wasn't the draw of the original movie, whch may be why Burton's failed. The sequel, "Beneath the Planet of the Apes", was great, IMO.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 05:06 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I just watched the original today for the first time since I was a kid (so it's fresh all over again). I must say, I love it! I'm contemplating on seeing the Burton remake, as I'm sure he messed it up.

So are any of the sequels worth it? C-Dic, you said you liked Beneath, which I'll check out now. How about the other three? There are five total, right?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 11:18 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

original one was great, I own them all all five original once (could be six but pretty sure it's just 5) the sequels aren't as strong as the first one, they get weird with ppl worshipping an A-bomb and the like... Last one was one I liked tho

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 10:48 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I've been renting all of the sequels. They seem to be getting more and more ridiculous as they go along. Though I still have the last two to watch, I think it's safe to say the first one is the only good one.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 10:37 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

beer I just seen this for the first time,never seen the remake,but this was great,really enjoyed it,found it a bit slow paced at times but definitely a classic movie 8.5/10

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 05:18 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I saw the original for the first time about 2 years ago. I loved it even though I was already aware of the ending. I thought it was going to be one of those movies that the end justifies the rest of the movie, but it was enjoyable throughout.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 03:35 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

There are a lot of movie endings that everyone knows, even if they never saw the movie.

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. The Planet of the Apes was Earth. Rosebud is the sled. I knew all those endings before seeing the movies, but they didn't make the movies any less amazing the first time I saw them.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 10:25 PM