KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Spoilers! (Ye Be Warned)

Spoilers! (Ye Be Warned)
Started by: Smallville

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Thanks to the K-Site:

The Latest Rumors On Who's Staying, and Who's Going For Season 8
UPDATED 3-10-08

Here's the latest buzz on who's staying and who's going for the already-ordered Season 8 of Smallville:

Tom Welling (Clark) is already contracted to appear in Season 8.

The contracts for Michael Rosenbaum (Lex), Allison Mack (Chloe), and Kristin Kreuk (Lana) conclude with the end of Season Seven. However, Kristin is expected to appear in at least part of Season 8. The studio and network are currently negotiating with both Michael and Allison to make a deal for them to appear in Season 8.

Michael Rosenbaum has said in several interviews in the past that Season Seven is the end of the line for him; however, recent interviews (as of March 2008) have implied that he is in talks with the network, and with the right deal, he could be back. As Lex Luthor is a major part of the mythos, we're hoping that happens.

No further information is available at this time regarding Allison Mack's negotiations. If and when anything is said about it, it will be posted here.

Erica Durance (Lois), Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy), Laura Vandervoort (Kara), and John Glover (Lionel) are all contracted for Season 8.

James Marsters (Brainiac) has expressed interest in returning for more Smallville in the show's eighth year. He's appearing in at least three episodes that have yet to air, starting with "Veritas" on March 27.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 03:26 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

What would Smallville become without Lex? For cripes sake!!! He's been the main antagonist since the beginning of Superman. Not to mention that Michael Rosenbaum is a superb Lex Luthor.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 06:19 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kal of Krypton
Thanks to the K-Site:

The Latest Rumors On Who's Staying, and Who's Going For Season 8
UPDATED 3-10-08

Here's the latest buzz on who's staying and who's going for the already-ordered Season 8 of Smallville:

Tom Welling (Clark) is already contracted to appear in Season 8.

The contracts for Michael Rosenbaum (Lex), Allison Mack (Chloe), and Kristin Kreuk (Lana) conclude with the end of Season Seven. However, Kristin is expected to appear in at least part of Season 8. The studio and network are currently negotiating with both Michael and Allison to make a deal for them to appear in Season 8.

Michael Rosenbaum has said in several interviews in the past that Season Seven is the end of the line for him; however, recent interviews (as of March 2008) have implied that he is in talks with the network, and with the right deal, he could be back. As Lex Luthor is a major part of the mythos, we're hoping that happens.

No further information is available at this time regarding Allison Mack's negotiations. If and when anything is said about it, it will be posted here.

Erica Durance (Lois), Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy), Laura Vandervoort (Kara), and John Glover (Lionel) are all contracted for Season 8.

James Marsters (Brainiac) has expressed interest in returning for more Smallville in the show's eighth year. He's appearing in at least three episodes that have yet to air, starting with "Veritas" on March 27.

Its been conformed about Lex and Lana, both will appear sporadically next season.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 10:05 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

good smile better than nothing lol

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 10:13 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by suprmanvsbatman
good smile better than nothing lol

Not after last nights show.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 09:50 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

oh lol never saw it :P

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 10:13 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by suprmanvsbatman
oh lol never saw it :P

You didn't miss much

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 10:40 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 06:56 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Bad news...Justin Hartley is making some sitcom for the CW

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 10:05 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Smallville Season Gears Up

Brian Peterson, executive producer of The CW's Smallville, told SCI FI Wire that the writers already are gearing up for the show's upcoming eighth season, thanks to an early pickup announcement.

"We're always hopeful, and we always plan every year for a season finale, but it's really great when we get to tell one more year of Clark's story," Peterson said in an interview.

"It's very early, and we really have to work in partnership with the studio, because right now we haven't presented anything to them," Peterson added with a laugh.

Peterson was willing to share a few spoilers about the next season. "The things I think I can hint at are the Lois and Clark of it all," he said. "It's really going to be a season about Lois [Erica Durance] and Clark [Tom Welling]."

Peterson added that Clark will be facing "his own personal D-Day, and let people figure out what perhaps that means. And then I would say if people think Lex [Michael Rosenbaum] has issues now, wait until you meet his new sidekick. ... So those are the very preliminary brush strokes that we probably need to get into in the next few weeks."

As for the current season, five new episodes will begin airing, starting on April 17, with the focus clearly on Lex's fall to the dark side, starting in the episode "Descent."

"The rest of this season is, for the most part, about Lex finding what he's always been looking for," Peterson said. "'Veritas' [the last original episode to air] launched the next five episodes, which are all about Lex finding what he's been searching for."

Smallville's season was interrupted by the recently settled writers' strike. "Veritas" was originally designed as an extended season finale. But it aired as an hour-long episode, with several scenes unfinished. Those scenes will now form the basis of the season's final episodes, Peterson said. "I think it's going to be nice to actually see each piece of that story, rather than have it all hit in one episode," he said.

The finale will also set up the new season. "There's so much still to play," Peterson said. "People keep asking us all the time, 'When are you bringing in this character?' 'When are you doing this?' 'When are you doing that?' And we're like, 'We'll get there.' There's a lot of characters to service. So next year we have some real fun and clear ideas about what we're doing." Smallville airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT. --Kathie Huddleston

From Tvguide.com (Ask Ausiello):

Question: Any scoop on the 150th episode of Smallville? — Todd

Ausiello: It's airing on May 1, it's being directed by Tom Welling, it features the return of James Marsters as Braniac, and, according to exec producer Al Gough, it's another one of those alt-reality romps, only this time "Clark has to look at a world where potentially he never crash-landed on Earth. It's basically a version that could have happened — and if Brainiac has his way, it will happen."

Question: I really need some good Smallville scoop involving Lois and Clark. C'mon, help me out here. — Nora

Ausiello: Help is on the way! In the aforementioned 150th episode, we'll get our first glimpse of Clark sporting an iconic Superman look. What does that have to do with Lois, you ask? Well, Ms. Lane's responsible for the wardrobe change!

Question: Will Kristin Kreuk be back for any more episodes this season? And do you have any major news about the season finale? — Joel

Ausiello: KK will be in some, but not all, of this season's remaining episodes, as she's currently in Thailand shooting Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. Regarding the finale, I can tell you that the final scene(s) very much involve Lex finding some important pieces of the Superman puzzle. Hint: The title of the episode is "Arctic."

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 11:12 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Smallville shocker: Series creators quit!

Color us super-shocked. Smallville creators Al Gough and Miles Millar have announced their exit from the series, effective at the end of this season.

Marveling at "seven amazing years" and 152 episodes, the executive producers "look back knowing that the show will continue into Season 8 without us," they say in an open letter. "After much heartache and debate, we have decided it is time for us to move on."

Giving props to the CW series' "remarkable" production team and "a wonderful cast who we have watched mature with admiration and affection," the duo say, "We have been rewarded with a fan base that is as loyal as it is vocal. We are incredibly proud of our work on this show. We achieved what we set out to do. We never compromised our vision. We leave knowing that Smallville is the longest-running comic-book-based series of all time [and] was featured on the covers of Rolling Stone, MAD Magazine, TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly. The pilot had the highest-rated premiere in the history of the WB [where it originated]. Even in its seventh year, it is still the No. 1 scripted show on the network."

What brought on this abrupt exodus? The open letter offers no details, although a later section singles out some peers, saying of one, "When the knives were out, you always had our backs." In closing, Millar and Gough say, "To the fans who have stuck with us through the highs and the lows, know this — we never stopped fighting to make this show great. Thanks for watching."

For those who specialize in reading between the lines, the entire letter is posted in comments.

What's your take on this unanticipated exit? Did the boys simply deem it time to move on (there is a reference to being able to now focus on feature projects), or...?

Source: TVGuide.com

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 11:14 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Thanks to Superherohype.com:

We all know Lex Will not be replaced, but the below info should ease the pain:

Details for Season 8:

Additionally, two new villains will join the cast of characters on "Smallville" this season: the legendary, unstoppable Doomsday, and a female antagonist who will challenge Clark in ways never before imagined. Casting is underway for both roles.

Doomsday: In season eight, Clark will face his ultimate challenge with the appearance of the legendary, unstoppable destroyer Doomsday, who appears on "Smallville" for the first time. As comic book fans know, Doomsday is notorious for being the only character in the DC Comics universe to have killed Superman.

Female villain: Doomsday won't be Clark's only nemesis in the upcoming season. The executive producers are tight-lipped about a new female villain they will be introducing, but they can say she will be familiar to many fans and will set her sights on Clark in ways Lex never could. Intelligent, brilliantly manipulative, and dangerously sinister, our gorgeous new villain has one more weapon in her arsenal: Her mutual attraction with Clark may prove to be as deadly as kryptonite for him.

Micheal Rosenbaums thank-you message:

Dear Smallville Fans,

Well, it's been seven wonderful years. Your support is what has made Smallville so successful, and I appreciate you all more than you know.

That being said, it is time for me to start the next chapter of my life and career. I hope that I gave you some enjoyment over the years, and that you found my portrayal of Lex Luthor to be satisfying. I am truly grateful, as Smallville fans are the best fans out there. I sincerely hope that you will continue to follow my career through my hair growth period and beyond.

I'm very excited about what the future holds, but certainly, Smallville will always be a part of me. I will definitely miss the greatest crew in the world, and the wonderful cast that has been like a family to me.

Thank you Al and Miles for creating the show. Thank you writers, producers, directors and editors. Thanks Tollin, Robbins and Davola for being there for the pilot. Thank you Peter Roth for employing me for ten years. Lisa Lewis, I miss you already. John Glover, thanks for helping me feel more comfortable touching other actors, while acting. Bizarre, but helpful.

Mostly, I want to thank Greg Beeman for directing the "Oh Sherry" video, by Steve Perry, back in the 80's.

Thanks crew. Thanks fans. Thanks Smallville.

I love you all,

Michael Rosenbaum

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=7155
-------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Kal of Krypton on May 2nd, 2008 at 08:33 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:28 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boudecia
Don't mess with me

Can't imagine lex not being in smallville am looking forward to seeing doomsday though and this new female villain should make good viewing.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 06:57 PM
Boudecia is currently offline Click here to Send Boudecia a Private Message Find more posts by Boudecia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

I didnt search much but in the last season the lake zod an his merry band landed on when zod walked on water(superman2 chrisreeve)...same spot/lake in smallville episode has anyone brought that up? been noticed or am I nutz? well course Im crazy but anyways? edit: think it was episode 7 when he buried his real dad

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Jan 11th, 2010 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 05:20 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAnt66
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The Emperor had three-hundred years to break this man . . . and he never succumbed?"

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 04:56 AM
DarthAnt66 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthAnt66 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAnt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I knew that Smallville continued in comic form, but I only recently found out that in the comics Bart dies. It is connected to the episode where Lex captures him and forces him to keep constantly running around. He unlocks a new level of speed and attracts the attention of the black flash and is stalked by it for years.

Eventually he sacrifices himself to stop it. Damn.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2020 05:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote