KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Powerful with the Force...

Most powerful with the Force (Jedi OR Sith)
This poll is closed.
Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader 9 42.86%
Darth Sidious/Palpatine 1 4.76%
Yoda 5 23.81%
Luke Skywalker 4 19.05%
Exar Kun 1 4.76%
Bastila Shan 0 0%
Darth Malak 0 0%
Other 1 4.76%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Powerful with the Force...
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morgoths_Wrath

Powerful with the Force...

Personally I think Darth Sidious/Palpatine was the most powerful with the force, but i think that Yoda was the most knowledgeable of it.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

whoa...we're all over the map here....poor kotor characters.....but hey Bastila's only a padawan

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

i voted for Vader

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 06:00 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

I think that Anakin/Vader has proven his superiority in the force....
he was as powerful as any Jedi in the galaxy as a Padawan, and he was as knowledgeble in the force as anybody in the galaxy by the time he faces Luke in ESB.......

Palpatine wouldnt stand a chance against Vader alone, nor would Yoda for that matter....
Possible a fully train Luke would stand a chance.....

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

But Luke defeated Vader in ROTJ, and Palpatine was about to defeat Luke! If it had not been for Vader Palpatine would have killed him, and i think that makes Palpatine more powerful.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

MW,

Keep in mind Luke doesnt really square off again Palpatine....he throws down his lightsaber and does not confront Palpatine.....
Vader I think was caught off guard by Lukes rage....
True, Luke is very powerful....but I still believe Anakin would've destroyed Luke had he not been simpathetic towards Luke....

Palpatine would've never been able to defeat Luke if Luke would've fought him....

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

I don’t know about that. If Luke was truly that powerful he would have absorbed Palpatine’s lightning attack like Obi-Wan and Yoda absorbed Dooku's lightning attack in AOTC. Maybe if Luke would have had more than a week or two to train maybe he could have overcome that. And as for Vader, I think he really is quite powerful but Luke is stronger and Palpatine takes the cake (as far as power and knowledge of the Force goes, although I think Yoda knew more about the Force then Palpatine did)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 11:48 PM
Master Kadub

MW,

True....i believe Luke would've benefited by staying with Yoda a little longer before confronting Vader....but both Ben and Yoda felt he was ready and probably forsaw Anakin stepping in.....

(although i dont know if GL knew which directioin he would go with lightning powers by ROTJ....just as he didnt know how he would expand on the powers of the lightsaber in ANH.....Luke could have easily cut them out of the trash compactor in ANH with his saber)

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 09:40 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

All about Vader!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 02:34 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi_master_lex

We know how powerful Anakin/Vader is....
and we know how powerful Yoda is (to some extent)...
and we know how powerful Luke is....
BUT we have never really seen Palpy fight except in ROTJ for a few seconds... right before Vader tosses him over the edge... so we really don't know how Palpy would stand up against the others in a one-on-one battle.

Go with what you know..... We all know that Anakin/Vader had more midiclorians than anyone... he didnt have as much training as Yoda, but he had a lot more training than Luke.
Yoda was training Jedi's for 800 years... so he knew a lot about the Force... he might not have been as powerful as Vader... but he was a lot more knowledgable than Vader... and could probably defeat him simply with his knowledge of the Force.

So... i would say the battle is really between Vader and Yoda.
The winner of that battle is the most powerful Jedi.

Check out my website!

http://www.jedi.clubuturn.org

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 01:56 PM
Click here to Send jedi_master_lex a Private Message Find more posts by jedi_master_lex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I've always thought that due to the absence of the light side during the OT era, Luke became the most powerful force user ever. When Obi-Wan and Yoda died, their very essence, and power of the force went with Luke. Sure Luke wasn't powerful enough to defeat the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. But he was smart enough to trust that the force would save him, and it did when Anakin returned and through palpatine down the shaft like a cheap hooker. I mean all of the light side of the force was inside Luke at that time, and for the rest of his life. It's no question he was the most powerful.
Not to mention the fact that Obi-Wan told him that the force exists and then like three days later he used it to blow up the death star. Then he meets a little frog guy and spends like 2 weeks learning about the force and takes on Darth Vader, the most incredible display of evil the galaxy has ever known. The scene where he is standing above fallen, and handless Vader, he abandons his rage and uses the force. Not only is he the smartest, most powerful, but my favorite character. He did more with the force in such little time than his own father, who was the chosen one!
Go Luke.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WarSpawn
Archaic Seraph

none of those people...i cant believe Kyp Durron's not on there. He's more powerful than Luke Skywalker or any other Jedi alive now...

Mr. Wiggles and WarSpawn. Who Run It?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 07:52 PM
Click here to Send WarSpawn a Private Message Find more posts by WarSpawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

I'm not familiar with Kyp Durron...

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 12:15 AM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

No one can handle Luke! Kyp Durron? Are you serious? Luke Skywalker is genetically related to the force itself, now honestly, can Kyp top that?
Nope.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WarSpawn
Archaic Seraph

holy shit, Kyp Durron has more raw power than Luke Skywalker. Its clearly stated in the books that Kyp Durron, if he ever reached the point of true mastery of the Force, would be able to defeat Luke Skywalker anyday. Look what he did to Luke as an apprentice, that's not even with him mastering the Force yet. He put Luke into a Force-induced coma, which Luke couldnt break out of.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 02:44 AM
Click here to Send WarSpawn a Private Message Find more posts by WarSpawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Dude, first off, Kyp Durron isn't in a STAR WARS Movie, therfore, he is not real.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 06:06 AM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Secondly, he is not related to the force, as I reiterated, so he is insignificant.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 06:07 AM
WarSpawn
Archaic Seraph

ok, just because he wasnt in the Star Wars movie means he isnt real? what type of stupid ass reasoning is that?

now lets see here....oh what do you know. Exar Kun wasnt in the movie either! And he was the greatest Sith Lord there ever was!

and just because Luke is related to the Force doesnt mean jack shit. "so he is insignificant"? What are you, 12? You dont have to be related to the Force to be powerful. Yoda clearly proved this right, as did Mace Windu.

so once again, Kyp Durron could beat Luke Skywalker anyday if he became a true master.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 07:32 PM
Morgoths_Wrath

Who is Kyp Durron? When did he live? What makes him so powerful??

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 11:02 PM
WarSpawn
Archaic Seraph

Kyp Durron is in the current Star Wars universe, and he was born as a slave on Kessel. Han Solo and Chewbacca rescued him and brought him to the Jedi Academy Luke established. While there he uncovered the ancient spirit of Exar Kun, who used Kyp's tremendous power to overcome Luke and put him in a Force-enduced coma. After that Kyp took the Sun Crusher to wipe out the Imperial Academy of Carida and other star systems while chasing Admiral Daala. He finally reverted to the "light" side of the Force when Exar Kun's spirit was destroyed by the other Jedi apprentices at Yavin 4.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 02:27 AM