KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Lois VS. Chloe VS. Lana

The best for Clark is......
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Lana Lang 28 34.57%
Chloe Sullivan 21 25.93%
Lois Lane 32 39.51%
Total: 81 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lois VS. Chloe VS. Lana
Started by: Smallville

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lowrider370
X

i have pictures of them on my phone

Sig Duels 3 w, 2 L

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 11:39 PM
lowrider370 is currently offline Click here to Send lowrider370 a Private Message Find more posts by lowrider370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lowrider370
X

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samuel8.5
Come on.. You need more than that to love someone... You need chemistry, like Clark and Lois have... Unfortunetly Chloe is nothing but a good FRIEND of Clark... that's it...

yea i noticed it they have a exciting chemistry

Sig Duels 3 w, 2 L

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 11:41 PM
lowrider370 is currently offline Click here to Send lowrider370 a Private Message Find more posts by lowrider370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

All these chicks suck!!!!
None have true beauty
You can tell that if they were caught without makeup ie waking in up in the am, they would look horrible just like 90% of the actresses found in Hollywood today. YOu think Beyonce or Catherine Zeta Jones wake up just looking radiant? Dream on fellas!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 02:34 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

no I don't think Beyonce or Catherine Zeta wakes up looking like they have a full face of make-up on, nor the other actresses, but that doesn't mean they all necessary look horrible without.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 06:28 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

I wish it was Lana that kicked the bucket, instead of JK. Her character is so annoying. The little beeyatch has got to go. Aside from Kristen Kruek's beauty, her character has nothing to offer. Very few men would consider an ideal girlfriend.

Samuel, don't forget that Clark had a "thing" for Chloe once also. And what you call chemistry, I call constant nagging.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 07:47 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samuel8.5
Brazil

Originally posted by BobbyD
Samuel, don't forget that Clark had a "thing" for Chloe once also. And what you call chemistry, I call constant nagging. [/B]

Ok, bobby... They kind of "had a thing"... But I can't see them together in the future... I don't know... Can you??
About Lois and Clark: They figth and they irritate each other... but they enjoy that... That u can't deny

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 01:11 AM
samuel8.5 is currently offline Click here to Send samuel8.5 a Private Message Find more posts by samuel8.5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Originally posted by lowrider370
lANA CUZ SHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND SEXY END OF STORY I LOVER HER

I loathe her.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 11:47 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Samuel, I'm not trying to attack you. I do see your point. And, ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm speaking for me now....Lana rubs ME the wrong way is all I'm getting at. If she and I were thrust together into a relationship, we wouldn't last 3 days. That constant bickering and whining of hers might land me on the front page of your local newspaper and/or as a headline on ALL major newsstations. evil face

Kidding of course, but I can't stand her. wink

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 03:13 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think there would be any of that between you 2 because you are no alien being with superhuman powers from another planet.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 10:01 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Good! Even better, oh Powerful One. She'd save me years in prison.

heh-heh wink

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 10:32 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

ya lost me.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 11:26 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

foud this essay, post it here sice the thread is all about the women of clark's life

Women in Clark's Life
by Zoomway

Chloe Sullivan

I agree with others in that Chloe often mothers Clark. When Clark bent the crowbar, she beamed at him as a doting mother would beam at a baby taking its first steps. Though Chloe is also something of an underdog, which can be appealing to an audience. She wears her heart on her sleeve and therein lies the source of her greatest unhappiness. Chloe's ongoing unrequited crush on Clark Kent makes her seem like a masochist.

Chloe is also the type of character who is defined by what she does. Because she considers herself to be a reporter, questions she asks sometimes are misconstrued as interviews. She frequently blurs boundaries. Since her mood can change from happy and enthusiastic to unhappy and tearful depending on circumstances, she almost comes across at times as bipolar.

There are some who find her endearing and others who find her grating. That assessment is probably true of all three of the girls depending on which fan is analyzing them, but Chloe is a random element. She has no actual place in the Superman myth and that makes her very unpredictable. The fact that she knows Clark's secret, or at least knows of his special powers, might also make her an expendable character.

However, none of that negates the fact that Chloe actually did help and protect Clark when he lost his memory. Yet it also leads to a type of dramatic injustice.

This might seem an odd picture, a title card from a Warner bros. cartoon, but it was the first thing that popped into my head when I thought of character injustice. In the cartoon, Fresh Airedale, the title dog was called "good old Shep" by his master, but the dog was actually a conniving louse. When a burglar broke into his master's home, the dog was bought off by a bone from the burglar. The pet cat actually had to chase the burglar out. Yet Shep got the credit.

When Shep found out there was a more famous dog, one actually known as "Number One Dog," Shep became jealous and wanted to kill off the competition. The cat spent most of the cartoon trying to prevent that from happening. The cat had to save both dogs from drowning, but the cat was so exhausted from the rescues, that he passed out. Shep took advantage of the situation to make it look as though he'd made the rescues.

Shep became the Number One Dog, but the cat, frustrated by the turn of events, pounded on the statue of Blind Justice wailing about how unfair everything was. To add insult to injury, the scales from the statue fell down on the cat's head clobbering him and that was the end of the cartoon.

Chloe has become that cat. In the prom episode she became prom queen, but the opportunity to give her acceptance speech was taken away from her and her 'best friend' didn't ask her to dance. In Blank, Chloe came to Clark's aid when he lost his memory and she taught him about his powers and protected his secret from others. However, when Clark regained his memories, he was conveniently bereft of any knowledge of what happened during that 24 hour period and so he only thanked Chloe for "Clark sitting" till his parents got home. This episode is eerily similar to Fever from a couple of seasons ago.

In Fever, Clark was sick with a mysterious ailment and Chloe went to visit him. Since he was unconscious, she read him a note that said, in part, "My father told me there are two types of girls: the ones you grow out of and the ones you grow into. I hope I'm the latter." What did Chloe get? Well, Smallville's equivalent of scales falling down on her head. Clark moaned out Lana's name and Chloe ran out in tears.

All that said, though, I'm not implying Chloe's injustice is about Clark rejecting her in favor of Lana. A character is free to love or reject whomever he/she chooses, rather this is about unnecessary roughness. That is, Chloe could have read her note to Clark and been on her way. It was wholly unnecessary for him to moan out Lana's name during Chloe's heartfelt moment. In the prom episode Clark could have asked Chloe to dance, or even asked to hear the real speech she had planned to give. Alas, Chloe was given no consolation prize.

Lana Lang

As mentioned in the synopsis, Lana and Jason had a fight because she changed her mind, as usual, and didn't want to go to college with him, or perhaps not go to college at all. She also didn't feel they could start over with a clean slate because of his secrets and lies. Yet Lana went running to Clark because he suggested they start up their relationship again and promised her that things would be different this time.

In other words, Lana seemed willing to not only start with a clean state with Clark, something she refused to grant a guy she was dating all year, but she went back to a guy whose secrets and lies caused her to run away to Paris in the first place. Lana's fickle behavior makes her seem very flaky and a poor choice for a girlfriend, or a poor choice for a friend of any kind. Don't forget that she never got around to visiting Clark when he had amnesia, nor did she visit him during Fever.

Since Lana often comes across as the poster child for codependency, the word "enabler" is the best definition of her character. An enabler is defined as one who enables another to persist in self-destructive behavior by providing excuses or by helping that individual avoid the consequences of such behavior.

Lana doesn't just enable Clark's bad behavior, she has justified the absolute worst behavior in anyone if she feels love or honesty was somehow a part of their story line. When Lana found out that her Aunt Louise cheated on her husband with a stranger who came to town and her aunt's husband ended up going to prison for 40 years for her murder, which he didn't commit, Lana said, "I know what Louise did was wrong, but I can't help thinking she was lucky, even if it was just for a few days, she knew what it felt like to really be in love."

Even ignoring how asinine Lana sounded confusing true love with being horny and getting lucky, a man spent over half his life behind bars because of his unfaithful wife having a roll in the hay with a stranger, who was actually the killer's target.

Another example was in the episode Magnetic. Seth told Lana that he had magnetic powers and even though he forced her to commit a crime and she ended up in jail and almost shot Clark, she said, "Even though my compass was way off with Seth, he still had the courage to be honest with me."

This has become so ludicrous that I can almost picture her saying, "I know what Hitler did was wrong, but at least he knew what it was like to be loved before he and Eva Braun ate cyanide."

It is all but impossible to see what there is about Lana aside from her looks that would attract any man much less every man in Smallville. She has the most skewed view of love and honesty of anyone in the history of television.

On the bright side, Lana Lang, even in a universal sense of the character, is of little importance to the Superman myth and even four years of Smallville hasn't changed that. In fact, Smallville clearly illustrates why the character never really rises above her vague footnote status.

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 11:23 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Lois Lane

This version of Lois Lane is Chloe Sullivan's older cousin. She has no direction in her life at this point and many things she does are in direct defiance of her overbearing father General Lane. In terms of personality, Lois is a tomboy who grew up on military bases all her life. She views tender emotions as a sign of weakness, yet clearly has them. She loves her cousin, but is frustrated by Chloe's obsession with Clark and often tries to dissuade her from a path that will only continue to break her heart.

Despite being introduced as a skater, a person who skates through life taking the easy shortcuts, she has begun to take charge of her life and now works hard to repay the Kents for taking her into their home. She has formed a friendship with Clark after a lot of adversarial teasing and she seems pleased he can give as good as he gets.

Lois went up to see how Clark was doing when he was moping in the loft. She saw him throw down sketches of the cave symbols in frustration.

"I guess that's something else you don't remember," Lois said. "You usually hide those emotions."

"My life is a complete void, how would you feel?" Clark whined.

Instead of trying to mother Clark by putting a positive spin on it as Chloe might, or instead of reinforcing his self-pity as Lana might, Lois refused to reward Clark's woe-is-me behavior. "Oh, a pity party, these are fun."

"Look, Chloe's very protective of me. I guess there's a lot of people I can't trust."

Even Clark seemed to recognize Chloe's tendency to mother him.

"Look," Lois said. "You may not know all the players on the board, but you can still play the game."

"Are you going to tell me how I'm supposed to do that?"

"Trust your gut. Like what's it say about me?"

Clark smiled. "That we don't like each other very much?"

"You're on the right track, Smallville. Keep it up," she said and exited.

It's clear by Clark's smile that he suddenly understood their odd brand of adversarial affection, but more important, Clark realized Lois was helping him by simply expecting him to be a man about it.

Getting Superman off the bench and back in the game with a "by the bootstraps approach" is one of Lois Lane's many functions in the future. In the L&C episode Lethal Weapon when Clark's powers were out of control due to red kryptonite, he unintentionally trashed their home. Lois found Clark sitting on the floor fearful that if he did anything else, it would lead to more destruction.

Clark became agitated as he explained how his strength had become his greatest weakness.

"Okay, calm down," Lois said softly and pulled over a chair. "Have a seat."

Lois couldn't play into his fear and she couldn't pull a "poor baby" attitude. Neither approach would have been much good for a man who also had to be Superman. Even though at this point Lois was married to Clark and helping her husband might have been expected, Lois also helped Clark years earlier when they were just friends and she knew nothing about his powers.

In All Shook Up, the L&C episode where Clark lost his memory, Lois was pretty much in the same situation as Lois on Smallville. They had a teasing adversarial friendship, but she wasn't in love with him yet. Nonetheless, Lois tried to help her friend get his memory back. Though it was a bit more tricky on L&C because that Lois was dealing with a Clark who had a much more complicated life.

On Smallville, Clark is still a teenager living with his parents. He doesn't have the responsibility of a job, marriage or maintaining a dual identity. Though supposedly drawn as a darker, more edgy version of Clark Kent, it's that very combination of elements that make him less compelling and almost simplistic.

Since it's hard to feel sorry for a tall, attractive zit-free teen who also comes equipped with super powers, Clark is often subjected to a forced type of angst. Clark has lost not one, but two girlfriends to untimely deaths. Thankfully the addition of Lois Lane helps pull Clark out of the dark and into the light.

When Clark's second ill-fated girlfriend was murdered, he flew into a rage and was determined to kill her murderer. When Lois saw Clark throttling the killer, she shouted for him to stop. Then she tried to pull Clark away. "You're killing him," she said. "Stop," she repeated, but in a whisper. Clark stopped.

There are two things Lois Lane has to know when dealing with Clark/Superman -- when to step in and when to step back. When Clark can't pull himself back, sometimes Lois can. On the other hand, if Clark has to do battle at full power, as was the case when he dueled Lord Nor, Lois has to step back.

Perhaps the best thing that can be said of Lois on Smallville is that she's not obsessed with Clark like her cousin Chloe and she isn't a flake like Lana. While Lois has quirks and sometimes the writers have gone overboard with them like flunking high school and getting booted out of college for underaged drinking, she's there for Clark when the chips are really down and is on his side.

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 11:24 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smallvilleluvr

why do the people who are actually hot have to be something like "The Farmboy" why can't Chloe be "The Farmgirl" and when did Chloe go behind Clark's back?Update me please.

P.S. Lana is best for Clark.Yeah she's kinda whiney but she's beautiful and if it's Lois you just know it's going to happen so it's kinda boring,don't you think.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/563/bannerkrypto2jd7zd.jpg

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 10:07 PM
smallvilleluvr is currently offline Click here to Send smallvilleluvr a Private Message Find more posts by smallvilleluvr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smallvilleluvr

ok what are you talking about "years earlier when she had no idea about Clarks powers"she can't find out about Clark's powers or she would know in the Superman movie that he's Clark.This is getting really mixed up.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/563/bannerkrypto2jd7zd.jpg

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 10:22 PM
smallvilleluvr is currently offline Click here to Send smallvilleluvr a Private Message Find more posts by smallvilleluvr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Puh. Lana is a brat, and you substitute another word that begins with the letter "b" to describe more accurately. Kristen Kruek IS beautiful, Smallvilleluvr, not Lana. wink

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 10:35 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

^ right KK is the one who is beautiful not the damsel in distress char.

random quote

"We may love the wrong person and cry for the wrong person but no matter how things go wrong,
one thing is for sure
mistakes help us find the right people that are meant for us"

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 06:56 AM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

aaahhh lana, cloe and lois, i dream of them in a wet t-shirt fight.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 07:05 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, she is beautiful because you love her."

cant wait for Clois ep.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:15 PM
kanis
L dragon

Well it looks like lois is slowly warming to clark in the episode where she is dressed in a wonder woman bikini stripper out fit and when they chat in the torch flat, when he leaves a little smile appears on her face as he is leaving.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 02:49 PM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote