KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sub Mariner Vs Batman

Sub Mariner Vs Batman
Started by: rag

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Bats would be killed quite horribly in this fight

With prep for Batman, however, SubMariner dies

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:55 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Please explain, what kinda prep would stop SubMariner? The guy fights the Hulk one on one.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 05:17 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 07:14 PM
xmeat is currently offline Click here to Send xmeat a Private Message Find more posts by xmeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Please explain, what kinda prep would stop SubMariner? The guy fights the Hulk one on one.

Assuming he had let's say the wiki article on Sub Mariner I think he'd be able to come up with a way to take him out at least 6/10.

I don't think Batman is stupid enough to fight Namor H2H

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 07:18 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

NO DOUNT IN MY MIND BATMAN BATMAN

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 08:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Betageuze

Batman.. is an alltime joke here...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 12:10 AM
Betageuze is currently offline Click here to Send Betageuze a Private Message Find more posts by Betageuze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

There's only one rule, stay in the li.... no, wait ... I mean, Batman wins.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 12:16 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

namor has to make Batman's position first.
Batman has perfected the art of dissappearing at will against
Manhunter [telepath], Superman [enhanced audio diagnostics] The Millitary + Local Law Enforcement

Namor's strength gives to Batman's stealth, hypersonics and hulk busting Bat-kick

Last edited by shiv on Feb 1st, 2007 at 04:27 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 04:24 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lifeisaglich

Fear the batkick

No! seriously

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 04:30 PM
lifeisaglich is currently offline Click here to Send lifeisaglich a Private Message Find more posts by lifeisaglich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Namor eats him.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 06:42 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

BATMAN BATMAN

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 08:21 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
BATMAN BATMAN

Dies, dies.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 08:41 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

bat kick to the crown jewels

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 04:02 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Batman vs any super hero is a joke. NO *human* can beat a *super hero*

Batman can't beat Spider-man, there is no way he is beating Namor.

Namor ftw 20/10

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 05:29 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

this match is a slaughter. Absolute butchery. I mean Bruce is so dead its not even funny here

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 12:14 AM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Re: Sub Mariner Vs Batman

Originally posted by rag
Being that i am a big Sub Mariner fan and totally hate Batman!

I say that Subby would beat the shit outta Batman and kick his sneaky ass back to the batcave!

Batman has gotta be the most overrated hero in comics!

Anyone agree with me!

The thread starter hates Bats. There is no prep for Bats. I may be wrong but this seems like a spite thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 12:29 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Re: Re: Sub Mariner Vs Batman

Originally posted by Badabing
The thread starter hates Bats. There is no prep for Bats. I may be wrong but this seems like a spite thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 12:33 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Batman with prep, sick though a teeny-weeny bit tiring by now, is usually enough to let Batman stand his man with the big red S - unlikely, I know, but that's the way the comics are written.

Therefore, I conclude, that Bats with prep would AT LEAST be able to stand his man against Namor, even though I concede, again, that by all laws of probability it should be unlikely, to say the least.

But Batman, with prep, would probably come up with a concentrated de-humidifier, quickly sapping Namor of his strength, - or, even more likely he would just run to Clark and ask him to come save his sorry butt - hey, a win is a win stick out tongue

Actually, I'm a bit of a Bat fan, so even though I know somebody is gonna try and bite my head off and I'm gonna go ahead and say it: Bats, with prep, has about as much chance as he would have with prep against Superman.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Without prep, he'd be swatted away like a bat hit with a tennis raquet...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2007 09:32 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

stick thin david with catapult and pebble>>>>> Armoured, Armed Alpha Male Goliath, fortified with super strength and bloodthirsty minions.

ripped Bat with advanced tech and sleight of hand>>>>>>>> Alpha male atlantean with super powers

consider this: YOU! unarmed w/o prep or back up, given basic training and Heightened Intelligence, Awareness & Street Smarts can disable the US millitary machine

sad but true.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 11:41 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Batman vs any super hero is a joke. NO *human* can beat a *super hero*

Batman can't beat Spider-man, there is no way he is beating Namor.

Namor ftw 20/10

The mistake you are making is that you are looking at this from a purely linear (and therefore myopic) perspective.

Batman, as you said, is a human (although some of his feats are not ....although that is probably an inside joke at DC where their 'humans,' eg Batgirl and Batman, regularly pull feats that are anything but). Anyways, Bruce is 'human.'
Consequently there is NO way he can go an engage a superhuman directly.
No way.

However he virtually never does that. You will not see him going toe-to-toe with a meta, or trading blows with a Daxamite, or engaging a blood-lusted Kryptonian head on.

Never.

He will always use some oblique form of engagement that either magnifies his chances of winning, or negates the other character's power sets and attributes. Usually a mixture of both.

Thus it always strikes me as dumb when posters automatically assume that Batman will simply waltz up to Superman, Aquaman, Namor or the Hulk and go into a Gung Fu pose and try the Crane form against them! Or that he will go to WonderWoman, Thor, Namorita or She-Hulk and try to see if a punch will faze them!

That is (pardon the expression) simply dumb!

Batman engages from an oblique angle, capitalizing on the other character's weaknesses or flaws, employing prudent stratagem against the other character and, in essence, turning their very strengths into veritable weaknesses and, consequently, their downfall. A good example of this is when Batman faced Superman in Hush ....it shows how Batman used the powers of Superman against him to great efficacy.

That is what makes Batman special .....the fact that he is human, and through sheer will and ingenuity is able to bring down forces FAR beyond him. This is why of all characters in the JLA Batman is the most 'super' (in some ways he is more of a 'Super Man' than Superman), and this is because he embodies what is great in everyone of us.
The ability to rise up beyond your circumstances and limitations and bring to fruition something that should be 'impossible.' This is what differentiates us from animals by the way .....the ability to reach beyond our limits.

This is one reason, for example, why humans started to use fire, to use tools, to become the most lethal animal (after plasmodium carrying female Anopheles mosquito) on earth, even though we are also one of the weakest, slowest, most fragile.
Yet we regularly killed sloth bears, killed marauding leopards, killed Cape Buffalo that could slaughter an entire village of people. We killed them because of our minds, and because of our will.
Yet in terms of strength and ability we are weaker than virtually all of our animal foes!

In the same way that a hunter will not go and hunt a man-eating Tiger with his bare hands, Batman will not go against Namor with his mere hands!

That would be suicide.

Thus it always strikes me as dumb when people assume that characters like Batman, Black Panther, Midnighter or even people like Doom and Reed will go against characters like the Hulk and Superman head on and hand to hand! While some like Doom 'technically' can (he has been shown going against the Hulk head on), even he wouldn't do so in a KMC-based scenario because there are far easier (and FAR safer) ways to do the same.

It is sheer lunacy to expect a character like Batman (and his analogues in DC and Marvel) to go H2H against truly 'super' characters. They may go h2h against a group of human thugs, but even in such cases Batman normally relies on 'force multipliers' (against thugs, for example, capsules containing disorienting gas, or in the case shown in Hush a database connected to his cowl that enabled him to know the weaknesses of the thugs he encountered. BTW, if he has a database on common thugs that enables him to know that so and so had his ribs splintered some days before, then imagine the files he has on CREDIBLE threats like Superheroes! Consider that he has robust dossiers on most super hero villains, and even has files on his OWN team mates in the JLA).

Anyways, can Batman defeat Namor H2H?

The answer is simple: H#LL NO!

Not in a million years.

HOWEVER, Batman is not the type to go and trade blows with a meta/mutant/super.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 01:39 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote